Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse (2116 Views)

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! / You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by analice107: 3:03pm On May 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

You never fail to come off as completely insane.
And here comes the sane goddess who doesn't believe in God's existence, yet wont stop talking about him. You are indeed a sane goddess.
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Blackfire(m): 3:09pm On May 06, 2016
analice107:
chairman, i hail ooo. i have made the rice oo
chairlady, i salute ooo. I have the sprite oo.
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by ifenes(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2016
tempem:
Lol. Confused man. Start breaking the abuse nah.... There is nothing one will not see on nairaland....... I think the point you are actually hitting is that, the Bible is human invention, isn't it?

Do you not think the Bible is human invention? Did it fall from the sky?
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by tempem: 6:17pm On May 06, 2016
analice107:

Just like it was child abuse for your parents to make sure you ate, and kept away from danger, wear warm clothes in the cold seasons, eat balanced diet even when they hardly could afford it, make you slept on a bed under a roof.
All these were Child abuse.

Now that you are grown, you can leave, why are you here wailing?

Christians don't kill their Wards for choosing to Fall away from Faith. Any Organization which kills or shuns people for leaving is a cult.

And, you missed a point there, No child is born a Christian. Every child is born tabular rasa, meaning "Blank". When you grow up, you choose what you want to be. Thats why a choice is presented before all and sundry "CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE". whether God or satan. you cant stand in between.
Does your abuser give you a choice to choose?
Parents are just guides, when you grow you make up your mind whom to follow, just like you make up your mind what kind of friends you want to keep, what kind of life you want to live, whether a rapist or a pedophile. what kind of wife you want to marry, a Prostitute or a normal clean girl. Whether a Muslim or a Hindu, Satanist or Christian, You Choose.

You see, Now that you have chosen satan, who is coming after you to hurt you? Boy, its a choice.

Stop blackmailing your parents. Its obvious you wont do half for your kids, what they did for you.
I just wish he'll read this with an honest heart. .... And it amazes me when Atheist shy away from the question, how did we get here?
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikki: 10:59pm On May 06, 2016
analice107:

Just like it was child abuse for your parents to make sure you ate, and kept away from danger, wear warm clothes in the cold seasons, eat balanced diet even when they hardly could afford it, make you slept on a bed under a roof.
All these were Child abuse.

Err.. in your head.

Now that you are grown, you can leave, why are you here wailing?
Actually I left home over 30 years ago, long before you were born. I know some of you here think everyone on NL is your age mate. I'll forgive your indiscretion.

Christians don't kill their Wards for choosing to Fall away from Faith. Any Organization which kills or shuns people for leaving is a cult.

And what do you call an 'organization' whose 'holy book' is filled with threats to torture eternally those who reject its unproven claims? Especially one which has no qualms ramming these threats into the heads of children as young as 4? That's psychological abuse. Even if the church can prove its claims are true (which it most certainly cannot), it would still be abuse to expose a child to such negative, deadly sentiments.

And, you missed a point there, No child is born a Christian. Every child is born tabular rasa, meaning "Blank". When you grow up, you choose what you want to be. That's why a choice is presented before all and sundry "CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE". whether God or satan. you cant stand in between.

You are WRONG. By the time the child ''grows up'', his head is in most cases, such as yours, 10000% filled with the certainty and assurance of the 'truth' of the religion forced on him from childhood. No other way of seeing the world makes sense to him, and indeed other alternatives are viewed as 'sinful' even to contemplate. ''Of the devil''. Even though nobody on earth can claim to have ever seen ''the devil''. 'He exists because we, who gave you the bible, say he does'.

And children have these unproven claims and ideas stuck in their heads as they grow up, in virtually every case, never to question (never mind renounce) those teachings till they leave this world.

Disagree? Well, how many Nigerian christians do you know who grew up and then stopped being christians as a matter of personal choice, after say, researching the fact that its claims are unfounded at best?

How many muslims do you know, who grew up, and renounced Islam? Or switched to another faith?

I've been around a long time, and I haven't met ONE PERSON of that description. I'm sure they must exist, but they make up a very miniscule fraction of the population.

So the point is, the religious indoctrination forced on children generally stays with them throughout their lifetime. They've essentially been brainwashed irreversibly at the time they were most vulnerable - childhood. That is abuse. A man should be able to decide on life and death issues such as religion, transcendence, and God, based on HIS OWN independent analysis, with his full faculties intact. Not get manipulated as a little child into accepting a death and torture threat infused fairytale, or cow worship, or death dealing Mohammedan tenets that scar his sensibilities for a lifetime.

Millions of people have lost their lives due to the religious fanaticism and hatred generated by childhood religious indoctrination.

It needs to stop.

1 Like

Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by urahara(m): 11:26pm On May 06, 2016
SirWere:
Urahara. Urahara. She don start again grin grin grin

Wetin i fit do o. grin grin.

.................. She is rabid for jesus
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikki: 12:28pm On May 07, 2016
ifenes:

Do you not think the Bible is human invention? Did it fall from the sky?
It really shows the damage done to a person by religion, to have them believe that a BOOK, somehow came from God. You can only believe that nonsense if it was drilled into you as a child. No sane adult, told such a thing for the first time, could ever believe it.
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikki: 1:23pm On May 08, 2016
bump
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikk(m): 1:59pm On May 13, 2016
Chei...see as dem run...
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikk(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2016
tempem:
I just wish he'll read this with an honest heart. .... And it amazes me when Atheist shy away from the question, how did we get here?
Use your brain for once. Who mentioned atheism? Did I tell you I don't believe in God? You don't have to subscribe to any religion to believe in a supreme intelligence, or inquire about our reason for being here. Indeed, religion in many ways obscures understanding of these issues.
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by orunto27: 3:20pm On May 14, 2016
Your story is misleading. My father was an Islamist. He made me know who Anobi Isa was and how Mohammed got the Qurran and Islam. From School, I knew the name of Isa was Jesus and when i experienced that the Gene of Jesus runs in me, I became a Christian. Since then,I have being growing in the Spiritronics of our Lord Jesus Christ. He has even told me that those atheists on Nairaland, He has assigned a time for each of them to perish. Jesus told me, He is Christ, the Character in me, like "Oduduiwa" the Son of "Olodu-mare", our Lord God(Oluwa Olorun). So state your problems and in Jesus' Name, we shall solve them for you.
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by tempem: 6:04am On May 15, 2016
Rossikk:
Use your brain for once. Who mentioned atheism? Did I tell you I don't believe in God? You don't have to subscribe to any religion to believe in a supreme intelligence, or inquire about our reason for being here. Indeed, religion in many ways obscures understanding of these issues.
Waoh!! I love this, though. But how about the Bible?
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikk(m): 12:19pm On May 15, 2016
tempem:

Waoh!! I love this, though. But how about the Bible?
There is more God in Achebe's Things Fall Apart than in the bible and koran combined. The only reason you think God had anything to do with those books is because you were taught that as a child.

1 Like

Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by tempem: 3:25pm On May 15, 2016
Rossikk:
There is more God in Achebe's Things Fall Apart than in the bible and koran combined. The only reason you think God had anything to do with those books is because you were taught that as a child.
Your point?
You don't believe in the Bible.
But you believe in God.
Am I correct?
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikk(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2016
tempem:

Your point?
You don't believe in the Bible.
But you believe in God.
Am I correct?

If by 'God' you mean a Supreme Intelligence, yes.

The bible has nothing, repeat, ZERO, to do with this Intelligence.
Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by Rossikk(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
Cowards.... dem don run.

1 Like

Re: You Never Chose Your Religion. It Was Forced On You Through Child Abuse by hopefulLandlord: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
Checking in wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Was No Physical Temple, Jerusalem Itself Was/Is The House Of God. / You Battle Violence With Violence / Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Linked To The United Nations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.