Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam (1722 Views)

The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You / Has Anyone Tried This Surprise Deal From MTN? / ***smilevoice 4G LTE Calls, Video Calls And Sms Is Here*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by maximunimpact(m): 1:28pm On May 05, 2016
I am very sad right now, i was on my own MTN sent me an SMS with a surprise package of 3.75gigabite data for 2,000 naira. It happens that at that point i needed to subscribe for data to continue surfing the net. I was happy with the surprise package and then i followed the instruction and sent 110 to 131 and the message says it's for 30days validity.

Can you believe that i only browsed without downloads or any high data consuming internet activity, and then i checked my data balanced 12hours later and my balance is less than 100MB. Just like play MTN scammed me 2,000 naira in this harsh whether.

Must MTN show themselves by duping customers of their hard earned money?
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2016
MTN don fall hand if true
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by Adeyeancah(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2016
Sorry bro! No matter the sms they send to me,I always ignore it ni

1 Like

Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by madridguy(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2016
MTN and their Greek gifts are just like 5 and 6. @ OP, probably you're new with MTN and that is why you fell for their cheap scam.

1 Like

Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by SuperSuave(m): 1:34pm On May 05, 2016
Mtn scamming Nigerians since mobile phone entered our land
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by Beremx(f): 1:47pm On May 05, 2016
the thieves keep spamming my sms inbox with their useless surprises. I am gonna stick to my usual 1200naira for 1gig jare.

awon ole jati jati!!

1 Like

Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by LadyExcellency: 1:49pm On May 05, 2016
MTN doesn't scam unless you fall for them.

Call 180 and reach the customer care by choosing the code for resolving share and sell option to make your complaints.

I lost N1500 credit to MTN when I have subsisting data still running and after my complaint, I was credited with N2000.

My data got missing as yours, I called and my data was fully restored.

I have lost count of issues I resolved with MTN Customer Care without losing a dime.

You got to have patience for your turn when you call. 180 or 181
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by ckmayoca: 1:51pm On May 05, 2016
For mtn SME data share contact me for 1gig at the rate of 1100. Whatsapp on 08035012457. 20 secs funding.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by peterjero(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2016
Op call customer care to resolve your issue and stop calling them scam I'm still using the 1.3gb for 1k with over 800mb remaining after updating all my over 20 apps and 2 download an episode of empire and ditto flash. If them dey scam you throwaway your Sim.

4 Likes

Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by henryutd(m): 8:06am On May 06, 2016
Not scam. I got 1.5g for #1000. I am using it now and the data deduction is so far so good.
My only problem is the speed. Having used etisalat for years, I am trying to adapt to Mtn snail speed.

1 Like

Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by donhils: 11:21am On May 06, 2016
ckmayoca:
For mtn SME data share contact me for 1gig at the rate of 1100. Whatsapp on 08035012457. 20 secs funding.
When mtn is already selling 1.5gb at 1k? Good luck finding buyers.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by rozayx5(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2016
i got their 3.75g the deduction here is ok. 3.2 left after heavy browsing for 2 days now
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 06, 2016
donhils:

Whats the code for this?
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 06, 2016
henryutd:
Not scam. I got 1.5g for #1000. I am using it now and the data deduction is so far so good.
My only problem is the speed. Having used etisalat for years, I am trying to adapt to Mtn snail speed.
What's the code? Does it work for everyone?
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by Fundango: 12:24pm On May 06, 2016
peterjero:
Op call customer care to resolve your issue and stop calling them scam I'm still using the 1.3gb for 1k with over 800mb remaining after updating all my over 20 apps and 2 download an episode of empire and ditto flash. If them dey scam you throwaway your Sim.
pls is the duration of the mb subscription up to a month.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by ckmayoca: 12:43pm On May 06, 2016
donhils:

Good luck getting that from MTN in a dream
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by donhils: 2:42pm On May 06, 2016
Ontarget:

Whats the code for this?
Text 106 to 131 or dial *123# and follow instructions.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by donhils: 2:43pm On May 06, 2016
ckmayoca:

Good luck getting that from MTN in a dream
I already got it. I'm using it too and I'm not dreaming unless you're reading this in your dreams.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by donhils: 2:45pm On May 06, 2016
Ontarget:

What's the code? Does it work for everyone?
Sure. Just dial *123# and go to data services, buy data, then go to monthly plans and you'll see everythibg.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by ultraprime(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2016
Subscribed n it works normally. 1.3Gb for 1k
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by ckmayoca: 3:11pm On May 06, 2016
donhils:

I already got it. I'm using it too and I'm not dreaming unless you're reading this in your dreams.

Good. Confirmed it now. Glad am yet to get another bundle.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by peterjero(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2016
Fundango:
pls is the duration of the mb subscription up to a month.
I subscribed on the 1st of May and it's to expire on the 10th of June, I know it won't because of my usage. So my brother it's even more than 40 days but some peeps just make mtn be like thieves yet they are still the biggest in Nigeria.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by Fundango: 7:47pm On May 06, 2016
peterjero:

I subscribed on the 1st of May and it's to expire on the 10th of June, I know it won't because of my usage. So my brother it's even more than 40 days but some peeps just make mtn be like thieves yet they are still the biggest in Nigeria.
thanks,i will give it a try.
Re: MTN "Surprise Package SMS" Is A Scam by peterjero(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2016
Fundango:
thanks,i will give it a try.
Atleast you would believe with this

(1) (Reply)

Who has ever had this issue with Infinix Hot Note 3. Very Important. / 6 Secrets Codes That Can Unlock Some Features In Your Handset / NEAT HP Core I3..1terabyte Hard Drive 8gb Ram For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.