Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Scam Alert:impostors Now Posing As NSCDC Top Officials - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert:impostors Now Posing As NSCDC Top Officials (630 Views)

Fake Prophetess Posing As Police Officer Arrested In Lagos After 15 Years(Photo) / 12 Civilians Posing As Soldiers In Army Uniform Arrested In Ogun State / 67-year-old American Posing As ‘nigerian Prince’ Arrested For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert:impostors Now Posing As NSCDC Top Officials by teegrams(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2016
Be careful everyone, some fraudsters are out there claiming to be top officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil DefenseCorps, (NSCDC), are busy scamming unsuspecting Nigerians with lies that the Agency is currently undergoing a replacement exercise.
I received a call yesterday afternoon from one Inspector Mike from Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, (NSCDC), he called my name with a warm voice and greeted me in a familiar tone while he introduced himself as someone I met last year at Alagbado, Lagos. But still can`t recall meeting this fellow as at the time of writing this.

He proceed to ask me if I have gotten a job yet and I told him NO, So he told me he has been transferred from Lagos to Abuja and there is an order from the Minister of Interior that a REPLACMENT exercise be carried out, and 2 slots was given to him, so he remembered me and decide to help me. He told me to forward my details which I did, afterwards, he told me to call him by 8am the next morning.

8AM; THE FOLLOWING MORNING
I called him as planned; he forwarded a phone number of one Commandant Solomon Yusuf whom he claimed is in-charge of the replacement exercise that I should introduce myself as his candidate.
CONVERSATION WITH COMMANDANT S. YUSUF

I pulled a call through him, introduced myself as instructed; Yusuf whom I presumed to be from the northern part of the country has a thick igbo accent told me the REPLACEMENT exercise kicked off last week that I`m coming late but he will see what he can do. He explained to me that they have decided to run the exercise secretly but Inspector Mike has been his trusted Alibi which is why he told him to bring candidates he trust, he further told me that the replacement form goes for #38,500 and only a few copies more to go.
I called Inspector Mike, told him everything Yusuf said, then he said i should go and look for the money and make the payment so I can be enlisted too, I told him all I have is #17,000, he asked me to relax and promise to speak with Yusuf on my behalf, minutes later he called back, told me Yusuf accepted but on the condition that I balance up later, so I agreed.

Yusuf then called that I should expect the account number I am to make the payment into and advised I make a swift move because people are already calling nationwide for the form. Minutes later he forwarded the NSCDC Secretary`s A/C details..
Please inform everyone you know, the country is extremely hard right now and no criminal is worth taking the little we have with mere plastic sense. I had to play along so I can get all their tactics and details so it can be in the public domain.
NB: i also recorded the conversation.
Below are their details:
Name: Caroline Eke .A
A/C no:3102370680
Bank: First Bank
INSPECTOR MIKE`S NO: 07011718466
COMMANDANT SOLOMON YUSUF: 09055262264
Big Joe just sent this in now so lets all apply caution

Source:http://rayoonline.com/2016/05/05/scam-alertimpostors-now-posing-as-nscdc-top-officials

Re: Scam Alert:impostors Now Posing As NSCDC Top Officials by whirlwind7(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2016
You are probably discerning and not so desperate, which is why you took your time to find out what shenanigan the crook was up to.

These scams are pitiful, but the people who fall for them are worse. Any sort of job offer that asks you to make payment first is probably a scam, especially if such money has no official backing, and isn't made public.

The logical question a half reasonable person should ask himself is, why am I the one person this "good Samaritan" suddenly remembered to do a favor, when he could have easily accorded it to his friends, neighbors or relatives?

Miracles do happen, but when most folks do nothing but swallow prophetic bullsh!t of "pastors" who ask them to sow seeds and expect miracle jobs, then we make ourselves vulnerable to such scams.
Re: Scam Alert:impostors Now Posing As NSCDC Top Officials by teegrams(m): 1:56pm On May 05, 2016
You are right,more of the reason why this information needs to be out there to help people from being victims
whirlwind7:
You are probably discerning, and not so desperate.

These scams are pitiful, but the people who fall for them are even more so.

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen storm Ondo state, kidnap 2 reverend sisters / PHOTO: Alleged 'wife Killer', Lekan Shonde Remanded In Prison / Scam E-mail. Be Careful *screenshots Attached*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.