Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

How Do I Host My Sales Page? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Host My Sales Page? (816 Views)

Check Out How I Host My Websites For Just 0$, Free Of Charge... / Can I Host My .com.ng Domain On A2 Hosting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Host My Sales Page? by intrepid: 2:54pm On May 05, 2016
I have a WordPress blog and want to put up a sales page for my products which I blog about.

Do I need to buy another domain and hosting account to do this? I was thinking that since my domain package says I have UNLIMITED DOMAINS I can also host it on my already bought domain.

I have already finished writing the sales page on MS FRONTPAGE, and the other is simply in MS WORD.

How do I get it up to a domain/subhuman so that it can be viewed.

Please I'm new to all this and would appreciate if guided on how this sales page stuff is done.

Thanks people.
Re: How Do I Host My Sales Page? by hostkobo(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2016
intrepid:
I have a WordPress blog and want to put up a sales page for my products which I blog about.

Do I need to buy another domain and hosting account to do this? I was thinking that since my domain package says I have UNLIMITED DOMAINS I can also host it on my already bought domain.

I have already finished writing the sales page on MS FRONTPAGE, and the other is simply in MS WORD.

How do I get it up to a domain/subhuman so that it can be viewed.

Please I'm new to all this and would appreciate if guided on how this sales page stuff is done.

Thanks people.

Hello there.

Let me give you 3-options:

1) publish your sales page as a regular wordpress page and add a "sales" item to your menu
You have a wordpress(self hosted blog... since you are talking about domains) - thats all you need.

2) if you really want to use your prepared ms-frontpage page as your sales page, you can embed it. There are plugins that can take care of such.

Now, lets assume your MS-frontpage "sales page" is like a small website, like an html website with an index page and other pages, etc, just place all the files in a directory, for example, named "sales"....could be in your wordpress directory, such that visitors can even type something like: www.thisismyblogdomain.com/sales.... and the sales-index page will serve all the corresponding pages.

Ofcourse you need to add links back to the main blog somewhere.

Ps: you can also embed your msword document as a page by itself

3) since you have a domain package, etc; I assume you have cpanel etc.
- create a subdomain, ex: sales.thisismyblogdomain.com
- create a folder inside your root folder and map your subdomain to that folder.
- place your sales page and any other sales-related pages into the folder
finish

#3 is about the same as #2 just that #2 doesnt have a subdomain mapped to the sales-folder.

I hope the above helps.

If you need more technical assistance to get it actually done, check my signature for my#. Im on whatsapp.
Ill help you out.

regards
HK
Re: How Do I Host My Sales Page? by intrepid: 7:34am On May 06, 2016
Thanks a lot HK. I read your kind and nice reply. Is there any software you can recommend for building g a nice and captivating sales page apart from MSFP?

I simply wanted to know how websites owners really host those sales pages. I asked someone, whom bought a product from and instead of answering my questions, he asked me to buy another product that will answer the question...

I left and decided there must be a way out.
Re: How Do I Host My Sales Page? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 06, 2016
intrepid:
Thanks a lot HK. I read your kind and nice reply. Is there any software you can recommend for building g a nice and captivating sales page apart from MSFP?

I simply wanted to know how websites owners really host those sales pages. I asked someone, whom bought a product from and instead of answering my questions, he asked me to buy another product that will answer the question...

i can help you setup a sales page with your exsisting package. call/Whatsapp 08091070081
Re: How Do I Host My Sales Page? by hostkobo(m): 4:13pm On May 06, 2016
intrepid:

when you say "sales page", a lot comes to my mind.

a) a small shop just for selling a handful of products: since you have wordpress already, the rest is just a breeze.
b) a sofisticated shop - since you have wordpress, its still just a breeze
c) or maybe you dont want to use wordpress for your sales-page; its still a breeze

Note: as a sales page, there should be an ordering process, customer information portal; potential customer might be given payment options, ex: PayPal, etc

Give me an example of a "sales page" you came across online, with features you would like on yours, Ill advise you how to go about it.

regards,
HK

(1) (Reply)

I Need Unspoken Wordpress Theme / Darkness Rises unlimited gems hack download iOS Android / My Site SEO Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.