Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service (44985 Views)

GTBANK Introduce Security Pin For *737# Transactions / Complete List Of Benefits For Using Gtbank *737* Mobile Banking Services / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Stalwert: 2:03pm On May 06, 2016
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

I was in pickle I had great need to transfer money to a certain someone ..... Well thank God for Gtbank *737* platform which makes transfers convenient requiring only a functioning 1g phone to transfer money so easily.

*737* Fails me twice in a roll tongue

So I picked my phone copied the account number paste it after typing *737*2*10000*#!!@!@!×# and presto... supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation the money has been transferred but instead it said "sp service timed out"....
l was like first you don't succeed. try again

So I tried again and got the same response again ...sp service timed out.

Waited for a while

Then I tried it the 3rd time ... this time it confirmed that the transfer was successful.
I simply put my phone back in my pocket and sat down. grin

Invasion of the text mssg

I brought out my phone to browse and saw a torrent of. messages 6 in total. and opened my text box and saw all 6 mssg were from GTbank .... Immediately I knew they have done me real good. undecided cry
I opened the text mssg and saw that 10000 was deducted twice to the same account. One of the service timed out had actually timed in and transfered the money. I was outrage lipsrsealed angry I won't stand for this and even the paralyzed won't sit for it either.

Frantic call embarassed
I dialed 737 the line was so poor I droped and googled GTbank hotline which gave me 070 line which I dialed and followed the prompt. .. a nice and cordial lady picked up the line asked a series of questions which answered thinking I will get my money back only for the lady to say e pele sir please call the person you sent the money to refund your money there is nothing we can do for you ( no she didn't say e pele na sorry) cry undecided lipsrsealed angry angry I was utterly disappointed.

Why would the bank service that timed out send my money and pretend that it hadn't while waiting and lurking around for me to send the money again
and then deduct my money twice?
And the bank cannot do anything about it?

This is just so grade A crappy crap if you ask me.

lalasticala abeg come tell my story make country people learn small lesson.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Stalwert: 3:45pm On May 06, 2016
lalasticala mynd44. Obinoscopy
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by boladale(f): 10:17pm On May 06, 2016
Thx o, noted.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Freaknasty: 12:37am On May 07, 2016
In my opinion that service is crap. Network failure is a regular occurrence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by nabiz(m): 3:43am On May 07, 2016
D same thing has happened to me. ...very bad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by lonelydora: 6:53am On May 07, 2016
All those mobile banking codes usually have issues.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Abayor7: 6:54am On May 07, 2016
ollah1:
It was a network problem. It could happen to any bank
I commend this! Yes OP I feel your pain. Similar thing happened to me last months with first bank. Tho I use the atm service. Network can be disappointing at times. I transfer a certain amount to someone using the atm and after supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation that the money has been transferred but instead the machine displayed "out of service" so I decided to retry but before I start to rerun the process I received a debit alert so I canceled the process thinking the money is sent. I called the recipient to confirm if she'd seen the money but she said no. I became worried. To her to exercise some patience that she will receive alert soon but didn't receive any till the third day. Whereas I've been debited. To shorten the epistle sha. I received its reversal after two weeks o. You can imagine what I went through going and coming from the bank to complain for two weeks. Nawa for our services in naija oo embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by nmreports: 6:54am On May 07, 2016
Never failed me.

Don't forget this things can have a bug in them sometimes.
It cannot be perfect all of the time.
It's a system, a computer, codes, software that are prone to errors due to bugs or human tweaks.

For me, I still believe GTBs service is still the best around.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by ANBAKO: 6:55am On May 07, 2016
Unfortunately that is sad story of our nation where consumers are at the mercy of service providers whereas it is suppose to be the opposite.
Consumer protection body is useless, powerless and probably on the payroll of these fraudsters called banks and other service providers.

The corrupt nature of our society makes it hard to sue these mof.os because the compromised judiciary will truncate all your efforts.

Banks that force you to transact in foreign currencies so as to rake in extra 50% profit on FX even when you have option of transacting in local currency to avoid these FX palava.

May God save us from ourselves (Because we are the evil befalling ourselves)

Do good for good to come your way

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Joshuahunpe(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2016
Pls anybody with Buhari's number? I want to call the man for my share of the budget! grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by kelvyn7: 6:56am On May 07, 2016
shocked

HOW ABT IF NA NEW BABE U BEEN WAN SEND 10K AND U COME SEND TWICE? CHAIIIshocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 6:56am On May 07, 2016
It was a network problem. It could happen to any bank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by ironheart(m): 6:56am On May 07, 2016
I am always weary of Nigerian online banking. Thats y i do cash transactions

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Pearlvictory(m): 6:56am On May 07, 2016
I've been in that poo before, I learnt my lesson. Whenever I get that service timeout response, I put my phone back in my pocket cuz that's the success message I just got. grin

41 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Compliance(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2016
No be small matter. Who 737 EPP??

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by PoisonedOne: 6:57am On May 07, 2016
Hmm, most times these transfers do fail and money deducted. It can even break relationships sometimes.

Sometimes after Easter I bought a laptop from a friend, he begged me to pay him that evening that he would need it to complete the one he has and make a transfer to another client that night. I agreed, took his account number, left and told him to expect alert in few minutes time.

I went home transferred 53k and it said transaction error, I tried another one and still got the same thing. I was mad when I received debit double alert of total of 106k plus their service charge. I quickly called my friend and told him that he would transfer back 53k for me buthhe told me he is yet to see anything.

After 30 minutes he called and begged to transfer the money and not playing with him, I got angry and told him not to joke with me over the money (thinking he had seen the alert). He keeps calling after 2hrs saying the same thing ;accusing me of not being a trusted friend, we quarreled and I was very angry that I've to call the customer care. It was then that I was told that the fund didn't go into his account neither did it return to mine embarassed. I now asked her where did the money go? She said the money would be reversed within 72hrs that I should send another one to friend now. I took the risk and resent another one to my friend.

Till this moment the guy doesn't trust me again, he has been wary of me in business and our business dealings has reduced to a minimum. I didn't care to explain anything again to him either since he didn't believe me when I told him it was a network error.

This happened with access bank (first time they are failing me).

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Randerl: 6:57am On May 07, 2016
l dont trust them for this particular service

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Dariye(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2016
I use it regularly and it has neither
disappointed nor given me any problem. I use an airtel line though.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by SimpleBea(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2016
Eh yah! I hate GTbank from the outset.

Maybe, you can try Firstbank plc.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by rexfada(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2016
Gtbank mobile tranfer has never failed me, I transfered my house rent via it to my LL, I used it to send money to my mom & to other persons as well. I use it almost everyday, I've never had the course to curse the platform, it has always worked for me! Sorry OP for your experience.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jauntty: 6:57am On May 07, 2016
I have used it twice in Lagos here and it was OK.

My problem with them is that they charge me #10.00 naira everytime I check my acct balance. That's outrageous!!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by GentleYoung(m): 6:58am On May 07, 2016
Sometimes you need to chill for a while when u get error message,still the best platform for now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Chazzyboy: 6:58am On May 07, 2016
Network

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by marlockj: 6:58am On May 07, 2016
/

Am a PDP supporter....personally I Dnt care weda all pDP members are arrested.... I bliv if EFcc storm ur house if ur clean u will b let alone....

Efcc storm akpabio and he was clean..he was let alone...

So other blivin it is witch hunt is wasting their tym.....

Those that are in Efcc net are not clean....

Though am a pdp man, I Hv Neva benefited from their share of wealth,Jst Lik some of us who cum here to call it a witch hunt....... wen this Ppl were eating d money they Neva remembered you...some of u only got biscuit n drinks during election n campaign......

Their children and wife are not crying that their father is being arrested, is common us who has not benefit from the arrested Ppl,Dat are making noise up n dwn.....

I Dnt care if Efcc arrest all pdp members.... the truth is that d judgement will b made public....they will all Hv options to push to higher court,this Ppl Hv good lawyers,they Hv excess money.....Evn if they are jail for 5years they will cum out n still b richer Dan you.....

So why do we complain,as if buhari, deny dem right to lawyers..... why are we crying as if they are tortured in cell.... why are we crying as if they Dnt eat good food in d cell,,,why are we crying as if,if Dey release them they will tell all of us to go n get fuel free.....

This same Ppl will b in government by 2019 n we will complain that Dey r not fulfilling their promises....

We cry over how Nigeria is one of the most corrupt country in d wrld.. yet someone wnts to jail this Ppl we are complain....

How mny cup of rice did u get during election?..... wen wike won in supreme court,youth celebrated, jubilated.... ask those youth now how much has wike given you?

the same thing hppn in akwa ibom state......

To me if the only thing buhari can do is to jail this Ppl,I will b satisfied.....

Sometimes I wonder why our youth are foooolish, ask yourself is corruption not suppose to b sentence to death?

Rev king was sentence to death yet....Lagos governor refused to sign it.....some years ago all of us were shouting how Rev king is wicked, now he was sentence to death,he is still alive....

Yet we are not pressuring d Lagos gov, d media is quite...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jojothaiv(m): 6:58am On May 07, 2016
Was once a ***** I no dey use the code sef.....
So many loopholes with that code.....
GTB need to work on it..
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by sportark(m): 6:58am On May 07, 2016
U shouldn't have resent d money when u have noticed d Bad network,d money can't just leave ur acct,u initiated d transfer,u better call d person u sent it to my guy if u need ur cash back

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by DaBullIT(m): 6:58am On May 07, 2016
You did 3 transactions promo to the recipient's account

Since this happened last night / this morning , i can only assume you were paying an Olosho

If that be the case , forget about refund grin grin grin

bwahahahahah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jamex93(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2016
Is orite
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by bcardastro: 6:59am On May 07, 2016
I only do online transactions with cash that wouldn't hurt me if lost,but for transaction wey I no want hear story,man I ready to queue for hours,I no mind

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:00am On May 07, 2016
I had that experience once but it was with loading credit, but since then, anytime I see that error, I know it has gone so I don't try again, and true to it, after some minutes, I get confirmation text messages.

But I've never gotten error when transferring money sha.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by pretydiva(f): 7:01am On May 07, 2016
Eya. It's really sad. Buh hope u don call d person back mk he refund ur 10k oo
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by twilliamx(m): 7:02am On May 07, 2016
Fortunately for me when it happened, I was transferring to my own account in another bank.. If not gobe for happen...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.