Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes (22936 Views)

Dangote $ FGN Conspiracy Exposed: The Real Cause Of Tomato Ebola / Researchers Discover Cure For ‘Tomato Ebola’ / Tomato Ebola Hits Six States – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by cruzita(f): 8:54pm On May 06, 2016
wetin we no go hear for this world ?even tomatoes don get Ebola.

1 Like

Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by denda(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2016
na to carry chicken go the farm so they will feed on those warms
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by richidinho(m): 8:56pm On May 06, 2016
bayinq25:
Let the good news start from bitter you first.

Mttcheew.... ewu
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by IrradiatoR: 9:07pm On May 06, 2016
veekid:
ehhhhhh iwor olohun; which one be tomato Ebola again for goodness sake??

wa li asri

o toju su mi o, ki Olohun ma fi iwa wa je wa n'ya
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Helena6(f): 9:08pm On May 06, 2016
I can totally relate with this. In my area in Lagos, paint bucket increased from N750 a month ago to N1500 three weeks ago. Yesterday I paid N2800!!! for same.
However, my customer said it was caused by the recent foray of Dangote into tomato processing.
That theory made sense to me because I am aware Dangote is running an out growers scheme for tomato. Two other local manufacturers are doing same too. Now , most tomatoes are processed instead of being consumed fresh.
It is an agricultural opportunity which we should take.

1 Like

Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by tesstess(f): 9:08pm On May 06, 2016
even the tin tomatoes price has gone up, may God help us.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by bettercreature(m): 9:10pm On May 06, 2016
Abalado:
I reach d market today,fear catch me o...they said 6peices of tomato is 400 naira,na so i swap go vegetable shap shap....
You are very intelligent!
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by miqos02(m): 9:29pm On May 06, 2016
richidinho:
Rabbish
Since wey Buhari became president there is no any good news in this con3
u can lie oh
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Cherlene(f): 9:32pm On May 06, 2016
Good evening

Hopefully the DISADVANTAGES of TUTA ABSOLUTA, does not extent to SEVERAL more
areas.

- Vote IVYY as miss NAIRALAND 2016
http://Nairaland.com/ivyy

Cherlene

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by godunia(m): 9:32pm On May 06, 2016
It's normal for tomatoes to go bad as soon as the raining season begins. In the north, we use the dry tomatoes during this season since its difficult to get fresh ones. By the way why do we like talking about things we don't really have knowledge of?

1 Like

Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 06, 2016
LOL
Abeg if anybody wanna worry about this nonesense kindly send all your ebola tomoatoe to me, hould make delicious stew grin
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by bayinq25(m): 9:44pm On May 06, 2016
richidinho:

Mttcheew.... ewu
Your epic bigotry is second to none.It's explainable when you can't phantom a direction for that thing you call a life....#Thumbs up to your monumental imbecility!
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Vince77(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan sef cry
samuelizko:
buhari sef
una get prob
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by greggng: 10:48pm On May 06, 2016
ladyF:
No wonder. Na garri sure pass this period. Even groundnut and sugar don cost cry Na salt I dey use drink my garri now, w/o groundnut. Baba God epp me! grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

You be learner abrgi go buy better ijebu garri. You don't need salt on it. Just put inside cold water and u re good to go. I ve been surviving on that for a long time. I can take u to the ijebu people that normally come only on Sundays to sell that quality gari
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by annawhite(f): 11:17pm On May 06, 2016
What's happening? Even the maize plant is equally affected by some funny insect that chooses to feed on the maize stem.....

High cost of garri due to communal fight

Very soon meat gonna join the league of high flyers commodities #the scruffy looking fulanis have suddenly realised they own Nigeria and dier animals can feed anywhere it damn pleases......

God have mercy
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Onyeani5million(m): 4:24am On May 07, 2016
result of chemical farming what do you guys expect when chemicals are been used for fast growth of crops. stop all chemical farming and enjoy natural bio crops as God created His creation.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by justmenoni: 5:46am On May 07, 2016
Abajo wey kuruna Don spoil your Yansh last time wey we meet

quote author=ladyF post=45378801]No wonder. Na garri sure pass this period. Even groundnut and sugar don cost cry Na salt I dey use drink my garri now, w/o groundnut. Baba God epp me! grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin [/quote]
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Nobody: 6:01am On May 07, 2016
ladyF:
No wonder. Na garri sure pass this period. Even groundnut and sugar don cost cry Na salt I dey use drink my garri now, w/o groundnut. Baba God epp me! grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Baby where you been?? Haven't seen you inna while... You just up and left me high and dry
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Beremx(f): 6:10am On May 07, 2016
whizqueen:
Sachet tomato all the way

#team Gino
use De-Gold tin tomatoes. tastes like fresh tomatoes. use it and thank me later
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by desmond2pk: 6:19am On May 07, 2016
Apc damage control. What about garri Ebola? Rice Ebola? Pure water Ebola , since you guys want to give us reason why tomatoes is high
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Sparkle777(f): 6:29am On May 07, 2016
Life! To think dat tomatoes was surplus three months back. Same basket was 2k.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by carinmom(f): 6:55am On May 07, 2016
Fresh tomatoes have become something else, i usually make stew with 150 naira tomato, but yesterday i had to buy 500 naira tomato plus 1sachet of tomato paste embarassed

Sparkle777:
Life! To think dat tomatoes was surplus three months back. Same basket was 2k.

Hmmm 2k? Three months back tomato basket was selling for 500naira here.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by 9jatatafo(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2016
This country sef! We have EVD, Tomato Ebola, Electricity Ebola, Fuel Ebola, Budget Ebola, Herdsmen Ebola. God help us all.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by VitaminB12(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2016
I have ported to Ofe akwu for my rice. Who is with me? grin
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Ijaya123: 7:59am On May 07, 2016
richidinho:
Rabbish
Since wey Buhari became president there is no any good news in this con3

You mean bad news has been surrounding your household?
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by Sparkle777(f): 8:18am On May 07, 2016
carinmom:
Fresh tomatoes have become something else, i usually make stew with 150 naira tomato, but yesterday i had to buy 500 naira tomato plus 1sachet of tomato paste embarassed

Hmmm 2k? Three months back tomato
basket was selling for 500naira here.

Really? The biggest basket u mean? And I was thinking 2k was a great deal. But we did have fun wt dem tomatoes den. To good to last.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by midastouch: 8:42am On May 07, 2016
A few days ago, the Honourable Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbe was before the National Assembly ( committee).

He had talked about the sudden high cost of tomatoes in the market; and attributed this to the 2 tomatoe purée processing plants ( Erisco and Dangote) which sucked up a lot of tomatoes produced by farmers; and which also had to idle machinery (suspend/shutdown operations) due to unavailability of enough tomatoes as input to their operations.

Opportunity beckons to farmers.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by carinmom(f): 9:47am On May 07, 2016
Sparkle777:

Really? The biggest basket u mean? And I was thinking 2k was a great deal. But we did have fun wt dem tomatoes den. To good to last.
I'm serious, around jan/feb the biggest basket sold for 500naira, its not surprising as here in the north is where its being cultivated particularly KD.
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by koboko69: 10:23am On May 07, 2016
juman:
This is area where we are missing goodluck jonathan.

He was better in handling agric problems than many presidents.

Buhari is too slow to know even what to do on the problem.

U guys are very pathetic. U still bring in politics to this? Na wa o. Smh
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by TrollinStone: 4:27pm On May 07, 2016
Ministry of agric what are you doing about this?!!!
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by ladyF(f): 8:15pm On May 07, 2016
lestat:

Baby where you been?? Haven't seen you inna while... You just up and left me high and dry
I have been around na. Happy weekend dear smiley
Re: 'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes by nneka2020(f): 10:54pm On May 07, 2016
Chia......i reach market dis morning 5 pieces of tomatoes 5 hundred naira, fear catch ooooooo mi dear i Swap to okoro soup

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Rabbits Do You See? / Are You Into Buying And Selling Of Agricultural Products? Kindly Join Our Group / Cucumber Farming In Nigeria – How To Start The Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.