Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,729 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) (27043 Views)

World Cup Final: See Moment Fans Invaded The Pitch (Photos) / Bruno Boban Collapses And Dies On The Pitch After Ball Hit His Chest [VIDEO] / Ismail Mrisho Khalfan Collapses & Dies On The Pitch After Scoring A Goal (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by 247frolic(m): 8:19am On May 07, 2016
Cameroon and Dinamo Bucharest midfielder Patrick Ekeng has died of a suspected heart attack after collapsing on the pitch.

The 26-year-old fell to the floor in the 70th minute of a televised Romanian league match between Dinamo and Viitorul. According to Romanian broadcaster Digisport, there was no resuscitation kit/equipment in the ambulance that transported Ekeng to the hospital, one minute away, but instead cardiac massage was performed.

The player was pronounced dead two hours later. Ekeng’s former club Cordoba tweeted: “We have no words to express our sadness at the loss.”

The Cameroonian FA confirmed the sad news on a social media platform. Ekeng had also previously played for Le Mans and Lausanne. Recall that on 26 June 2003, Cameroon and the entire football world lost Marc Vivien Foe during a Confederations Cup match in France. In the 72nd minute of the game, Foé collapsed in the centre circle, with no other player near him.

After attempts to resuscitate him on the pitch, he was stretchered off the field, where he received mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and oxygen.

Medics spent 45 minutes attempting to restart his heart, and although he was still alive upon arrival at the stadium’s medical centre he died shortly afterwards.

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORhmgw3eHkQ

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/05/video-cameroonian-star-patrick-ekeng.html
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Nobody: 8:25am On May 07, 2016
People don't realize how much the heart is over worked while running back and forth the pitch. RIP

11 Likes

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by hensben(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2016
Now we see why they pay this players millions of pounds/euro/dollars

18 Likes

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 07, 2016
cry cry
Chai!

Na so person dey take die shocked

May God save us from untimely death.

RIP

19 Likes

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by JesusmyGod1: 12:08pm On May 07, 2016
only Africa players

why

1 Like

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Odunsco01(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2016
RIP
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by simplemach(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2016
chai, I suspect its from their village.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by gasgenius(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2016
God be with u , ball hard
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by kingarizona1(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2016
cryToo bad..

1 Like

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by madridguy(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2016
RIP
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by emeijeh(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
We remember Mac Vivien Foe cry

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by hahn(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
only Africa players

why

Maybe it is because Africans pray to an incompetent god. undecided

RIP. No one can describe the pain his family must be going through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by ibadanfinest(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
same happened to mark Vivian foe years ago. RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by investigator007: 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
so sad

I thought they usually had fitness test before the match..

Very unfortunate indeed. cry cry cry
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by MayflowerB(f): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
Really sad.... RIP
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:11pm On May 07, 2016
So sad embarassed
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 07, 2016
Wow, this is so sad, Dats why my mom never allowed me to go pro cause of the fear of something like this, I was really mad at her then, but I'm beginning to see reasons now

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
uduak2016:
People don't realize how much the heart is over worked while running back and forth the pitch. RIP
Did you see him running about undecided
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by haywire07(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
Who noticed the rate at which topics are pushed to front page .

B4 we read one finish, anoda one is on FP

1 Like

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by otokx(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
only Africa players

why

They declare false ages.
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by femi4: 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
Why always the Cameroonian
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by bigboss80s(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
Wow
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Chrishandsome(m): 12:15pm On May 07, 2016
End time death.
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 07, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
only Africa players

why

Not only African players mate. Watch this video. I must warn you to have a handkerchief or some tissue nearby though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9Wh9aY8kA

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Flashh: 12:18pm On May 07, 2016
When you see some coaches substitutes some players, they have reason(s), because they have seen the player has ran out of gas. They have to substitute them to avoid story that touch.

While some fans we have in Nigeria will be shouting why he removes the player? It is not always the way we think while just sitting and watching.

They aren't machines, even machines knocks down when been overused.

RIP.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by placeofallure(f): 12:18pm On May 07, 2016
Sad, as I opened this thread, Marc Vivien Foe came to my mind. May God give his family the fortitude to bear the sad loss. So sad. These are the few things that make me afraid for footballers. Our own Kanu would have been a victim but for God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Niyinficient(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2016
RIP baller!
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by haywire07(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2016
I bind every power says you will die in d 70s of ur match .
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by cybriz82(m): 12:20pm On May 07, 2016
Cus all d footballers wey dey ur villiage dn die finish abi?
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by oyetunder(m): 12:21pm On May 07, 2016
Sad, one must always make use of the time he or she is alive. Not just how long...but how well.
Re: Patrick Ekeng Dies On The Pitch (Video) by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 07, 2016
May his soul rest in perfect peace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sierra Leone: We Would Pity Super Eagles By Allowing Them Score One Goal / Belgium Vs Panama: World Cup - 3 - 0 (Full Time) / Asisat Oshoala Is African Player Of The Year For A Third Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.