Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 (14706 Views)

Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Kano Pillars Signs Joseph Yobo / Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by ifeanyija(m): 11:15pm On May 11, 2016
Rockyrascal:
What happened to uyo intl stadium a.k.a the next of champions
he is from rivers
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by Qaisar1: 12:50am On May 12, 2016
goodvision12:
pls point of correction.our football league is not dead.I totally disagree with you on that.Did yu watch the league match between kano pillars vs enyimba international?That match was a cracker and good for advert.
Eyah... Just one match out of 38 league matches. Until we'll be able to watch NPL matches on local stations. It remains paralyzed
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by goodvision12(m): 10:31am On May 12, 2016
Qaisar1:
Eyah... Just one match out of 38 league matches. Until we'll be able to watch NPL matches on local stations. It remains paralyzed
Its not only that match.for me the league matches has improved considerably.The match between akwa united vs enyimba played under floodlight is another testament of improved league.pls endeavour to watch the matches and you will confirm this league development.
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by Rockyrascal(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2016
ifeanyija:
he is from rivers
oh i see.
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by uduokirika1(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2016
Qaisar1:

Do English fans watch thiers too on local tv stations?

No go buy ticket watch better NPFL matches! Dey wait for who go epp u!
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by uduokirika1(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2016
goodvision12:
Its not only that match.for me the league matches has improved considerably.The match between akwa united vs enyimba played under floodlight is another testament of improved league.pls endeavour to watch the matches and you will confirm this league development.

Dont mind d guy! Yersterday at the Agege stadium dspite being mid week recorded huge crowd as MFM held Enyimba to a goaless draw
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by Pavarotti: 4:25pm On May 12, 2016
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by Qaisar1: 5:35pm On May 12, 2016
goodvision12:

sincerely, I have lost faith. I will then
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by Qaisar1: 5:45pm On May 12, 2016
uduokirika1:

Do English fans watch thiers too on local tv stations?
No go buy ticket watch better NPFL matches! Dey wait for who go epp u!
Relakxx! I live in Edo and Bendel Insurance is not in the top flight league.
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by uduokirika1(m): 7:40pm On May 12, 2016
Qaisar1:

Relakxx! I live in Edo and Bendel Insurance is not in the top flight league.

Excuse not accepted

Bendel insurance play in the lower league. NNL
Y u no dey watch them?

Abi QPR, Bolton, Reading, Hull city no get who dey watch them 'cos say they in the lowr division!
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by Qaisar1: 10:18pm On May 12, 2016
uduokirika1:

Excuse not accepted

Bendel insurance play in the lower league. NNL
Y u no dey watch them?

Abi QPR, Bolton, Reading, Hull city no get who dey watch them 'cos say they in the lower division!

Ehen! I say the Top league nor dey interest me na lower division?... nor be EPL oh
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2016
NFF releases Mikel, Musa for Yobo testimonial game:

The Nigeria Football Federation has decided to allow Super Eagles’ captain John Mikel Obi and his assistant, Ahmed Musa to be part of the Joseph Yobo Testimonial Game planned for Friday, 27th May.

“The NFF leadership has decided that Mikel (Obi) and (Ahmed) Musa should be excused from the two friendly matches in Europe so that they can honour Joseph Yobo, who is having his testimonial game on the same Friday, 27th May that we are playing Mali in Rouen, France.

“The two players have been communicated accordingly,” NFF General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, yesterday. Nigeria will play Mali in Rouen on 27th May and then take on Luxembourg in Luxembourg on the first day of June. Yobo’s testimonial, to which he has invited several players from outside the country as well as Super Eagles’ players of his generation.

Joseph Yobo represented Nigeria at both U-20 and senior levels, captaining the Super Eagles at the 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups and featuring in six Africa Cup of Nations finals. He won a century of caps for the senior team, with his last match being the FIFA World Cup Round of 16 defeat by France in Brasilia in 2014.

Meanwhile, Coach Salisu Yusuf has extended an invitation to Morocco –based midfielder Babatunde Michael, who played for Nigeria at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, to join the squad for the two friendly matches against Mali and Luxembourg.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/nff-releases-mikel-musa-yobo-testimonial-game/
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2016
Mikel decision and NFF agreement shows big solidarity.....

For Yobo game...

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by goodvision12(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2016
Qaisar1:

sincerely, I have lost faith. I will then
yu better du
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 10:51am On May 16, 2016
deltateam:

I feel that the report is not complete without time of the match and if there is any payment to be made for it and how it would be made. I really want to be there after missing Nwankwo and Okocha's own.

At least I get to see Papillo live!

you are always in a hurry hmmmm

oya go buy ticket

Tickets for the Joseph Yobo Testimonial game in Port Harcourt on May 27 will go on sale on Tuesday, May 17.

Organisers say the tickets are priced at N500 Regular, N2000 for VIP and N5000 for VVIP.

"We have a lot of international stars coming, but we are also mindful of the current economic situation in the country so we have tried to make the tickets as affordable as possible," Waidi Akanni, Coordinator of the testimonial game, said.

Tickets will be sold at different outlets across the country as well as online and Akanni added that there will be opportunities for fans to win tickets

lets go there...
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2016
Joseph Yobo’s centenary (Testimonial) game

Date: May 27.

Venue: Adokiye Amiesimaka International Stadium in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Time: 4:00pm

http://www./video/x49pity_joseph-yobo-to-drag-john-terry-wayne-rooney-and-samuel-eto-o-to-port-harcourt_sport
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2016
Austine Okocha scored a hat-trick in the Bolton Wanderers legends match played at the Macron Stadium as John McGinlay’s All Star XI ran out 6-2 winners over Tony Kelly’s side.

watch video

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4104/video/2016/05/17/23643062/video-okocha-nets-incredible-hat-trick-on-bolton-wanderers?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_0_3

expect more at the Yobo centenary
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2016
Former Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo has promised lots of gifts to fans ahead of his testimonial match.

Yobo has officially called time on his football career and will be playing his testimonial on Friday, May 27 in Port Harcourt.

Ahead of the testimonial, the former Everton defender has revealed that he will be handing out hundreds of signed football mementos and tickets as part of preparations for the game

“I know a lot of people want to attend the game, and I am grateful to everyone. This is a very important time for me and I feel that the fans should share in this too,” Yobo told The Nations Newspaper.

“Because the match is marking my 100 games for Nigeria, I want to give out 100 items each. So there will be 100 balls, 100 jerseys and 100 tickets for fans.”

Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel and assistant captain, Ahmed Musa have been released by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to play in the testimonial which takes place at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium Port Harcourt.

Ghanaian Premier League stars, Andre and Jordan Ayew, Cameroon international Alex Song and other African football greats will be attending the testimonials.

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 11:16am On May 19, 2016
Former Super Eagles captain and goalie, Vincent Enyeama and former striker, Emmanuel Emenike, are both set to feature for Nigeria next week.

Enyeama and Emenike, both retired from the national team last year, when Sunday Oliseh was coach of the Eagles.

However, the duo are set to make a return, as they will feature in Joseph Yobo Testimonial match, slated for May 27 in Port Harcourt. Event coordinator, Waidi Akanni confirmed yesterday that Enyeama was ready for the testimonial game.

“We have a confirmation to that effect and there are many other goodies lined up for fans because Yobo is so passionate about this project,” Akanni said.

Another player who retired from Eagles last year, Emmanuel Emenike, has also confirmed to hit Port Harcourt for the Yobo Testimonial match.

“Emmanuel is coming. He spoke with me personally and I am so elated with the love shown by my colleagues,” the former international said.

Top players who made name in various European leagues especially the EPL will be in Port Harcourt for the match.

The list of those who have confirmed for the testimonial include Samuel Eto’o, Didier Drogba, John Terry, Thierry Henry and Wayne Rooney, the Ayew Brothers: Dede and Jordan, Sulley Muntari, Djibril Cisse and Tresor Lualua amongst others.

Yobo featured at three FIFA World Cups and six AFCON tournaments, leading Nigeria to victory in his last outing in South Africa.
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 10:22am On May 24, 2016
FIFA President Congratulates Yobo

With barely four days to the grand ceremony to formally pull out former Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo from football in Port Harcourt, President of FIFA, Gianni Infantino, has sent in a congratulatory message to the Ogoni-born ex international.

The much-talked about testimonial tagged the Joseph Yobo Centenary Game slated for Friday in the Garden City and bankrolled by the Rivers State Government, is to attract several top current and former players from the English Premiership.

In a letter personally signed by Infantino and addressed to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, the FIFA chief wrote: “Many thanks for your letter dated 17 May 2016 and informing us of the testimonial match in honour of former international player and Nigeria Captain Joseph Yobo.
“On this occasion, allow me to congratulate and send my best wishes to Joseph Yobo for his future activities.”
The Joseph Yobo’s testimonial game, slated for the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, will feature a Team Joseph Yobo (comprising of Super Eagles’ players of Yobo’s generation) and a Rest of The World squad.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/23/fifa-president-congratulates-yobo/

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2016
Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike, have arrived the country for the Joseph Yobo Testimonial game:

Nigeria’s ex-internationals, Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike, have arrived the country for the Joseph Yobo Testimonial game slated for Port Harcourt on Friday, May 27.

The Joseph Yobo Foundation is in partnership with Rivers State Government for the Centenary Game.

The two players who were both at the World Cup in Brazil with Yobo as captain of the Super Eagles, arrived the country at the weekend after a long season in Europe.

1 Like

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2016
lets go there

Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium PHC

1 Like

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2016
The Bigest testimonial game to be played in Nigeria

Joseph Yobo and friends (all the old super eagles players) vs the rest of the world

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2016
ok lets go there

JOHN TERRY and MIKEL already in town for the game

kinglekan, cruzila, oklobo1, klexycole, blueto, Optional2, TheSuperNerd, shizzy7, mikron, AngelAhnie,
, Truckpusher, temitemi1, safarigirl, uduokirika1, KingTom, joseph1013, Ajibel, Evestar200, uzolexis, sharperino, honeric01,

3 Likes

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by AngelAhnie(f): 1:26pm On May 26, 2016
robosky02:
ok lets go there

JOHN TERRY and MIKEL already in town for the game
Right after u
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Right after u

then lets go to the stadium
am already in port Harcourt for the game.

do dolling cheesy
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2016
Joseph Yobo, will stage a testimonial match in celebration of his retirement and centenary appearance for the national team.

The Joseph Yobo Foundation organised the event in conjunction with the Rivers State Government to honour the player who had a record 101 caps for the Super Eagles.

Coordinator of the event, Waidi Akanni, said yesterday that all was set for the testimonial match.
“About 10 players from various parts are already in town. Tressor Lua Lua, the Ayew Brothers: Andrea and Jordan, Sulley Muntari, are some of the players already in town. David Moyes and John Terry will arrive Abuja this morning en-route Port Harcourt. We are set for this big event,” Akanni said.

lets go there....
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 2:08pm On May 27, 2016
Yobo and friends

vs

Rest of the World

cc: lalasticlala, Seun, honeric01

please its almost kick off 4pm, adjust and move to (FP) forward
the stadium is full already

and the stars on ground....
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by robosky02(m): 3:49pm On May 27, 2016
David Moyes and Eto'o on arrival...

mod do the needful kick off is 4PM

Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by otokx(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2016
Watching it on DSTV, beautiful sunshine in the city of Port Harcourt.
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by otokx(m): 4:05pm On May 27, 2016
Why can't we keep to time?
Re: The Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (Testimonial) May 27th. 2016 by otokx(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2016
DSTV sef have left the match and are showing European Champions league highlights

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Michael Jordan’s Signed NBA Championship Sneakers Sell For $8M At NYC Auction / Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury / Tottenham Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Progress In League Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.