Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? (1842 Views)

What You Must Know Before You Die / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 07, 2016
This post was originally published on my blog but I decide to re-post it here.[center][/center]

I remember telling someone, ‘I don’t believe in God’ and she asked me, ‘What if you die and discover that there is God, what will you do’. I know she was feeling like a super-icon by the question. To her she has broken all my argument and is ready to lead me straight to Christ (yeah she was a Christian and not a Hindu). She forgot that asking me ‘IF’ there is a God doesn’t prove that it will be HER God. It is a shocking fact that majority of theists do not know that they are worshiping one of so many Gods. There only difference is that the God they worship is a capital G God and all other Gods must be small letter g God. In fact she told me that there is ONLY one God and that all religion tries to worship this God using different method.

How can one God inspire different contradictory holy books and still be taken serious.

Anyway, I didn’t reply her. I have low tolerance for Bullshit. So I decide to ask some of my heathen friends the same question and their response was spot on.

Tavian Oladapo

If I die and find out that there is a god, I would ask why he or she never left conclusive evidence, as there is not enough evidence to pick one over another.
I will then ask why any god would espouse the virtues of belief when belief does not denote a good character. Surely a good character should outweigh belief. There are people of good character amongst believers and non believers .

I would also like to know how any god could engineer your birth so you are born in a country or a time when he or she is not worshiped and then judges you for not believing in him or her.

Surely a benevolent god would appreciate your honesty in not being convinced instead of hedging your bets.
And lastly, a god who would torture you for not believing due to you genuinely not being convinced is not worthy of worship or admiration.

It is like a mafia godfather saying “love me or you burn”

Izuchukwu Emeka Umeuwa

Evening Mr obinna, to me your question is quite amusing becaus since I don’t get to find out that god exist while am alive, how can I get to find out when am dead? When in the history have you ever heard or read that dead people discover things?

Aniatei Elvis Orlu

That will amounts to nothing, because you are at leverage not to do anything. Because all attempts to interpret and ossify the concept of God is from humans which gave rise to people doubting God- Atheism-, and an all knowing and powerful God does not need the consent of a mere mortal to do what IT wants.
An ancient Ghanaian proverb says: NO MAN TELLS A CHILD THAT THERE IS GO.

Mubarak Bala

OK. In event god is real when I die, and I find out he’s Zeus? I’d ask why he was ‘dead’ for millenia, so with Odin, Jupiter, Apollo, and Kukulkan of the Americas, and also Anubis and Krishna/Vishnu. However, the gods alive in our time are mostly Allahaic, Mosaic and Jesuick/­Abrahamic. I would ask them why no holy book in my corner of the world, in my language, in my time, during my lifetime? Why an ancient clueless book in bizarre languages that I was told I will never understand? Why hide? Why create viruses? Why the mistakes? Why the orders to murder and hate? In holy books? And what’s the point of leaving demons terrorise mentally ill people? And the devil spared just so we would be misled? Why allow us discover slavery is wrong? Even after many books? What inspired the holocaust? Where was the divine-intervention? Why prioritize with worship and faith and jealousy of other gods, over being good? Being educated? Being reasonable and seeking answers to our seeming forlorn existence.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 07, 2016
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by CoolUsername: 1:53pm On May 07, 2016
I'll make a joke about the Holocaust. If he doesn't laugh, then I'll say:
"You should have been there to see it, dude!"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by tunaguy(m): 1:55pm On May 07, 2016
Make i book space
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Tallesty1(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2016
@TOPIC. It is better to live like there's a God and die and discover that there's no God than to live like there's no God and die a discover that there is.
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 07, 2016
CoolUsername:
I'll make a joke about the Holocaust. If he doesn't laugh, then I'll say:

"You should have been there to see it, dude!"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by davien(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
@TOPIC. It is better to live like there's a God and die and discover that there's no God than to live like there's no God and die a discover that there is.
Boko haram live life like theirs a god, because to them god wants to kill unbelievers and eschew Western education...

Nonsense apologetic, living life like god exists is pointless when there are billions of god-beliefs each with their own method of acknowledgement...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Rossikki: 3:41pm On May 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Why? That statement is wrongly predicated on the notion that 'punishment' awaits those who did not 'believe'. There is ZERO EVIDENCE that any such punishment exists. And no.The claims of a few cattle rearers in the desert 3,000 years ago does not constitute evidence.

2 Likes

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Wonderful!! Question is, which one

1 Like

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by finofaya: 5:30pm On May 07, 2016
Such a vague question.
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by johnydon22(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2016
If i die and it turns out there is an afterlife and a god after all, what i will do?

I'd first ask which one are you?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Weah96: 8:38pm On May 07, 2016
johnydon22:
If i die and it turns out there is an afterlife and a god after all, what i will do?

That would have been my question too. But what if the god identifies itself and it happens to be the god of a 10 person tribe in a Namibian bush somewhere? I will just explode with laughter, after seeing the expressions on the faces of all the duped, tithe-paying Christians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by orisa37: 7:53am On May 08, 2016
Atheism is Foolishness and Insanity. Only one God created The Heavens and The Earth. So this is the Story of Lazarus and the Rich Atheist. The Atheist in Hell finally discovered that there is Judgement. He saw Lazarus, the man he despised on Earth now in Bliss with Father Abraham. He pleaded with Father Abraham to get him a second return to the Earth to preach Goodness for his family and friends. Father Abraham responded that those on Earth have Prophets, Priests and Preachers to guide them. As this is for Judaism, so it's for Christianity, Islam, Muslims, Moslems, Hinduism etc. Always remember that Atheism is Foolishness and Insanity.

3 Likes

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by oyewolestephen(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2016
I will humbly tell him that, while I was on earth I lived and acted according to his will, after all he has foreseen it.. so I am not to be blamed my lord

2 Likes

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Weah96: 12:19pm On May 08, 2016
orisa37:
Only one God created The Heavens and The Earth.

And let me guess, it's the same god who you coincendently worship today. Hahaha.
From Jesus point of view, is there a difference between a Muslim and an atheist? Shouldn't Islam also be equally foolish and insane?

1 Like

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by sorextee(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2016
I would ask Him, why of all planets, He chose to cast Satan on earth, to live with us. What happened to Pluto, Saturn??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 08, 2016
sorextee:
I would ask Him, why of all planets, He chose to cast Satan on earth, to live with us. What happened to Pluto, Saturn??

Hahaahhahahahahahhahahahahaha
He did that because he loves you.

3 Likes

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Rossikki: 1:18pm On May 08, 2016
sorextee:
He will tell you there's no Satan in existence.

1 Like

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 08, 2016
Redundant question really. if you don't discover God whilst you are alive, whatever makes you think you can discover God when you are dead?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by orisa37: 2:07pm On May 08, 2016
Allah is Arabic and means God. His Holy Spirit born Starred Prophet is Anobi Isa. Anobi Isa gave Islam to Mohammed in his dream as a symbol of worship, a Sceptre and a Staff of Office. To distinguish them from Christians and act true to type in Arabic fashion, the Believers in the Revelation to Mohammed started describing themselves as Moslems and
Muslims. Allah is God. Isa is his non human born Prophet and Islam is His Gift to the Arabs. Worshipping Allah in Islam is equivalent to worshipping God in Christianity. As for the Atheist, he doesn't know God, Allah or "Olodumare" like many others. He is different from many others. He is therefore irrational and insane.
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Weah96: 2:39pm On May 08, 2016
orisa37:
Allah is Arabic and means God. His Holy Spirit born Starred Prophet is Anobi Isa. Anobi Isa gave Islam to Mohammed in his dream as a symbol of worship, a Sceptre and a Staff of Office. To distinguish them from Christians and act true to type in Arabic fashion, the Believers in the Revelation to Mohammed started describing themselves as Moslems and
Muslims. Allah is God. Isa is his non human born Prophet and Islam is His Gift to the Arabs. Worshipping Allah in Islam is equivalent to worshipping God in Christianity. As for the Atheist, he doesn't know God, Allah or "Olodumare" like many others. He is different from many others. He is therefore irrational and insane.

God spoke with Mohammed and then decided to **** for a millennium, not bothering to talk to anyone else. The same Mohammed who repeatedly **** while he himself was a full grown man with pubic hair. There were Africans then who didn't ****, but Allah preferred the Arab **** in the desert to my own ancestors.

Allah must be a **** too, birds of the same feather, they say, fly together.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
nice thread
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Elthugnificent(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
As someone will say, it is better for his reputation if he doesn't....
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by donnffd(m): 5:31am On Oct 12, 2016
If i die and discover there is a God, i would ask him why he went through such pains to hide himself from us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by shadeyinka(m): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2016
donnffd:
If i die and discover there is a God, i would ask him why he went through such pains to hide himself from us!

This isn't funny donffd!

The reality is that FEAR will grip you in His presence.
Your spirit will judge you and you will know that you have no case!

The director of MATRIX seems to understand the kind of reality the universe is made of.

The question is "What is Real?"
This physical world we are so used to and the spirit rhelm we are yet to experience!

1 Like

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by donnffd(m): 9:15am On Oct 12, 2016
shadeyinka:

This isn't funny donffd!

The reality is that FEAR will grip you in His presence.
Your spirit will judge you and you will know that you have no case!

The director of MATRIX seems to understand the kind of reality the universe is made of.

The question is "What is Real?"
This physical world we are so used to and the spirit rhelm we are yet to experience!

Why be Afraid when the worst he can do to me is to torture me for all eternity and that would probably be my fate anyways nevertheless, so why not address him boldly and confidently and ask him questions we ask ourselves here on earth.

If Reality is like the MATRIX, then how can those people jacked into the matrix really know whats outside it? unless given real concrete proof like the way Neo(Keanu Reeves) was.

What if Morpheus just came to Neo and told him to trust him when he says Zion exists but never shows him, do you really thing Neo would believe it?

If we are yet to experience the spiritual world, then why would God judge us for something we never experienced in the first place?, he just wants us to believe on blind faith?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by sonofluc1fer: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2016
shadeyinka:

How much do you know about the physical world?
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by hahn(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2016
I will sit it down and give it a lecture on what unconditional love actually means undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by mrZENographer: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2016
Every ungrateful person in this thread is saying God did this and that.

In the end there may be a question. Did you hear there is an enemy called Devil. A deceiver and lair?
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by raphieMontella: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
hahaha,hmmmm
Re: If You Die & Discover There Is God, What Will You Do? by 4kings: 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
johnydon22:

Exactly, that's the same question i would ask too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1111 / My Muslim Brothers And Sisters Are Not Happy And I'm So Sad About It / You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.