Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,965 members, 7,952,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

One Rainy September. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / One Rainy September. (482 Views)

Rainy Day In A Poor Character’s House Or Area / On A Rainy Night... A Short But Intriguing Story By Abbey2g (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Rainy September. by RemenZack(f): 5:27am On May 08, 2016
Happy Mother's Day from www.remenzack.com

On the 18th of a really rainy September, Katherine picked up her keys in the most tremulous manner, her hands cold and shaky, but the sight of her only child, Jack, got her unknown strength.

She smiled at him and picked him up as well. He had the most brightest eyes, lighting up her world, like an incandescent candle. She kissed his red cheeks and said a soft, "I Love You" into his soft ears.

It was a long ride, and she was tenacious to keep going, even if it took her all night long. Her life and that of her son was in danger and nobody could stop her, even the blaring sirens behind her.

Jack cried quickly, obviously sick and tired of the blaring and din sirens. She wanted to kiss him once more, on his cheeks, but she was driving and he was behind her, in the back-seat.

"Don't worry, baby. We will be safe soon. Just hold on!". With that assuring statement, she revved the engine vehemently and sped up the vehicle, like never before.

Jack was no longer scared, as he giggled and chortled. Katherine hysterically laughed as well, trying to make a fool of the men chasing her.

Katherine claimed they knew absolutely nothing about her. She has had her few bad days before, where she would get too inebriated and try to harm someone or someone's property, but that was all. It was her normal demeanour and that was it.

Now, the Police were after her soul once more. She had been accused for something, something a little serious and demeaning this time.

Katherine was fleeing away from the Police, her friends and family, with her 3 year-old son, Jack, just to start anew and give them a simple-but-happy life.

The racket siren continued and Katherine's over speeding continued as well. She laughed more loudly now, as she could still hear Jack's giggles and happy chants, such as, "Mummy, go! Mummy, go!". She was happy her son was happy.

She peered at the passenger seat and a spades amount of money was strewn on it. She laughed less hysterical now, wiping the tears off her eyes. She began crying hysterical next, making Jack worried and shed a few tears himself.

When Katherine noticed she wasn't driving too fast anymore and her son was crying too loudly now, she tried to think about what to do next. She was so confused, her hands were icy and sweaty at the same time. She and her son ought to be happy but it seemed like it was an impossible task.

She looked behind for the last time and saw Jack's ears bleeding. Then, his tears became blood and his legs and every other inch of his body was bleeding. Katherine cried out, pulling up the vehicle immediately.

The Police team surrounded her and ordered her to place her tremulous hands behind her head. She obeyed fervently, even kneeling as well. A Police officer walked closer and scuppered her hands with handcuffs.

She begged and cried, but all they could do was watch her. The others secured the strewn substantial amount of money, not looking towards the back-seat to rescue the bleeding child.

Katherine implored once more, "Help my child, I beg you. He's bleeding and almost dying. Please, don't take him away from me. I want him to know we are going to be okay!". The Police officers looked at one another, wondering if the crimes of the woman had made her loony.

She was taken back to the precinct and then to the Court of Law, charged for stealing, driving under the influence of alcohol and over-speeding. She was never charged for kidnapping or even endangering the life of a minor, because a child, her child, Jack never existed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Grief Disbelief=>write Up By Dindy / Do Not Look At Me And Cry. A Short Poem By Emmydek / The Thug In Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.