Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why Must You Be Asked To Pay N5,000 To Redeem Your Scholarship At Niit? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Must You Be Asked To Pay N5,000 To Redeem Your Scholarship At Niit? (715 Views)

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) / Name The Best IT Institute In Name: NIIT, APTECH, KAROX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Must You Be Asked To Pay N5,000 To Redeem Your Scholarship At Niit? by effyzzi: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2009
I am finding it hard to understand why Nigerians do not see through all these. During my undergraduate days in school, I was given a scholarship. And I was never asked to pay any money to redeem it. Every year we hear that 20,000 youths took Niit scholarship test and 10,000 passed.

If 10, 000 students pay N5,000 each to Niit to redeem their scholarship that will amount to N50,000,000 nationwide!
Multinationals like Shell, ExxonMobil, Total and many more award scholarships to thousands of Nigerians very year. They have never for once asked the poor but brilliant Nigerian students to pay to redeem these scholarship. It is seen as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility. Why can't my Indian friends do that?

Now from what I see, Niit is not giving you a scholarship but a discount! Ask me why? If you were to pay N250,000 for a course and on redeeming your scholarship the tuition fee falls to about N220,000, do call that a scholarship? At the end of the day, many poor folks would have paid N5,000 to redeem the so called scholarship and still walk away because they could not afford the high course fee. Guys please wake up!
Re: Why Must You Be Asked To Pay N5,000 To Redeem Your Scholarship At Niit? by Afam(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2009
Glad that Nigerians are beginning to see through the many gimmicks of some of our companies and organizations.
Re: Why Must You Be Asked To Pay N5,000 To Redeem Your Scholarship At Niit? by effyzzi: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
Pappy let me make something clear to you. There are three categories of graduates all over the planet today.
1. Those that look for jobs
2. Those that jobs look for
3. Those that create jobs

Unfortunately, those is the first category constitute over 80% of the graduates that are produced by our higher institutions. What you will get from NiiT is another laminated paper called certificate added to ones you are presently carrying about.

This is how you go about chosing a course of study: First of all you research and and get an idea that will create jobs in a particular field. Second, you go into that field and study a course that will help you execute and implement that idea when you graduate. That is what I called APPLIED IT! THE EQUATION IS THUS: IDEA + TECHNOLGY = TECHNOPRENUERS.

Technoprenuers do not look for jobs! They may not even have all the certifications that we Nigerians always want to boost of. Ask me what was Mark Zuckerberg certification level when in 2004 he founded FaceBook. The same goes for Michael Dell, Bill Gate, Jarry Yang (co-founder of yahoo) and many more.

We Nigerians approach IT from the angle of certificate. The western world approach IT from the angle of providing value added services.

We are all here relating today because Seun Osewa had this wonderful idea called Nairaland and some funny certifications. Wish you the best as you give a second thought to this issue. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

*****MCSE Cert In Abuja******** / Latest Highest Paying Career In The World / Strategic Leadership For Senior Executives From Emerging Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.