Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,861 members, 7,855,537 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9448764 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (9330) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
OCTAVO:

Is it safe to update to this?
Waste of data, no need to update, a major update is coming by next month.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
eleojo23:

So you mean Aliexpress closed the order because they felt that the card he used does not belong to him?
That's baptism from Ali, appeal things, yes they need evidence of ownership or rights to access of the card.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

When you see it wink
Which site are you downloading your movies from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
eleojo23:

So you mean Aliexpress closed the order because they felt that the card he used does not belong to him?

Yea, suspicious activities on the card, I encounter similar problems with my first access card...
It might be that the card has never been used on the aliexpress account before
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
Gptech:

That's baptism from Ali, appeal things, yes they need evidence of ownership or rights to access of the card.
iliyande:

Yea, suspicious activities on the card, I encounter similar problems with my first access card...

Hmm.. thank God I have never experienced that.

All my transactions go through even without OTP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
eleojo23:

Hmm.. thank God I have never experienced that.

All my transactions go through even without OTP

Pray your card does not get lost, now that limit is $1000 lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

Pray your card does not get lost, now that limit is $1000 lipsrsealed

Don't worry, that account is empty. I only fund it few minutes before I make payments. I no wan hear stories abeg grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
Gptech:

Waste of data, no need to update, a major update is coming by next month.
I have never done any update since I bought it though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
OCTAVO:

I have never done any update since I bought it though.
Baba stay on the version you are. I am still on 8.2.2.0, the same version that came with the phone, I have only had one ish and factory reset solved it.
Except data is no problem you can go ahead, but from my point of view the update no worth am. Itz better you just wait for MIUI 9, though I personally will wait for atleast 2 months b4 updating myself.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello folks, a redmi 3 is stuck on lollipop. Is that the final os upgrade for the phone? Nothing seems to appear when checked through settings.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
scotweezy:

Baba stay on the version you are. I am still on 8.2.2.0, the same version that came with the phone, I have only had one ish and factory reset solved it.
Except data is no problem you can go ahead, but from my point of view the update no worth am. Itz better you just wait for MIUI 9, though I personally will wait for atleast 2 months b4 updating myself.

How did you back up your entirely phone before factory resetting it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
ollah1:

How did you back up your entirely phone before factory resetting it?
Go to Settings---Additional Settings---BackUp & Reset---Local BackUps

I will advice you backup only third party apps bcoz restoring system apps backup can result into issues atimes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 20, 2017
scotweezy:

Go to Settings---Additional Settings---BackUp & Reset---Local BackUps

I will advice you backup only third party apps bcoz restoring system apps backup can result into issues atimes.

Where will this back up to? Thanks for the fast response
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gykes(m): 12:15am On Jul 20, 2017
OCTAVO:

Ogbeni, what's the name of this font and how did you get it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 2:42am On Jul 20, 2017
ollah1:

Where will this back up to? Thanks for the fast response
After the backup, Open ur file explorer MIUI---backup---Allbackup(the backup name should include the date the backup was made). Afterwards, copy to an external source like PC or OTG device, with this done, you can go on with your factory reset.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 3:14am On Jul 20, 2017
iliyande:

Get this one and rest cool
Unlocked ZTE MF910 CAT4 150Mbps 4G LTE band 28 700 band Wireless Router 3G UMTS Mobile WiFi Hotspot PK mf910v mf920 mf93 mf855
http://s.aliexpress.com/vEvmuiyQ
(from AliExpress Android)

Nice one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:06am On Jul 20, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:08am On Jul 20, 2017
OCTAVO:

Some persons updated and said it was a good one, while others have complained about battery draining. If your phone is not experiencing any issues, I suggest you wait
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by edewojames(m): 5:03am On Jul 20, 2017
New Xiaomi MI 5X Photos Leaked + may be launch soon-Technologywatch Nigeria
http://www.technologywatch.com.ng/2017/07/new-xiaomi-mi-5x-photos-leaked.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2017
seyema:

Osogbo of all places... I have never enjoy them in almost everywhere I have stayed in fact, I notice that my phone consume more battery anytime I put glo sim in my phone

See as you tear osogbo down, smh for you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2017
MeinKampf:

Pls how do I do that?

You own the back of the phone, you look for two gold spots, touch the gold spots with a metal and plug you chord, the system will read the phone and you're ready to flash
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 7:05am On Jul 20, 2017
eleojo23:

Don't worry, that account is empty. I only fund it few minutes before I make payments. I no wan hear stories abeg grin

We now know we have few minutes to strike........
NB : Thanks for the top up.......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
ollah1:
Hello folks, a redmi 3 is stuck on lollipop. Is that the final os upgrade for the phone? Nothing seems to appear when checked through settings.
Yes, that's the final Android it will ever get, only miui updates will be available, will definitely get miui 9. Even phones like the highly rated Redmi note 2 and Redmi note 3 mtk didn't get any Android upgrade. Those buying the Redmi series should never expect an Android upgrade (still surprised the Redmi 4x is even getting) because they are at the bottom of the scale of preference. Think of it, in comparison with Samsung for instance, the Redmi series are like the J series, the Redmi note series like the A series, and the Mi series are like the S series.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tnot(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
Opistorincos:

See as you tear osogbo down, smh for you

Leave am make state boys catch am, him go know say osogbo weed is dope grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 7:31am On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Yes, that's the final Android it will ever get, only miui updates will be available, will definitely get miui 9. Even phones like the highly rated Redmi note 2 and Redmi note 3 mtk didn't get any Android upgrade. Those buying the Redmi series should never expect an Android upgrade (still surprised the Redmi 4x is even getting) because they are at the bottom of the scale of preference. Think of it, in comparison with Samsung for instance, the Redmi series are like the J series, the Redmi note series like the A series, and the Mi series are like the S series.

Oga boss what will i do
Since on the 13th
Who do experience this kind tin for naija bfore
Sometin show on the 13th
Yet collection mata na die
Our custom na thieves
I told the seller i will open dispute since i didnt receive it..he said i should contact my custom grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2017
lavenderjade:

Oga boss what will i do
Since on the 13th
Who do experience this kind tin for naija bfore
Sometin show on the 13th
Yet collection mata na die
Our custom na thieves
I told the seller i will open dispute since i didnt receive it..he said i should contact my custom grin
Seller didn't do anything wrong na, have experienced something similar, parcel will definitely come to you, just be patient.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mctfopt: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

You can get 12GB for ₦2400 if you use a data reseller.

16GB for ₦3200 wink

How do I get such deal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

We now know we have few minutes to strike........
NB : Thanks for the top up.......

You will not even know when I make the transaction. It will be over before you know it grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2017
mctfopt:

How do I get such deal?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 8:26am On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Seller didn't do anything wrong na, have experienced something similar, parcel will definitely come to you, just be patient.

Ok boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovewins: 8:51am On Jul 20, 2017
iliyande:

Did you have to ask for a refund or refund is automatic, cause I need to know what step should take next. Will appreciate your prompt response.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mctfopt: 9:01am On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

Thanks, will contact him when I'm low smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (9330) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.