Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9203531 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2017
Where did you get this update......OTA?

bily:

updated my RN3SE to 8.1.1.0

Haven't noticed any unusual battery drain. Still using up 10% battery per hour.

I think a lot depends on how you updated.

What I did.. .

Made sure my battery was fully charged.. I used ampere app to confirm full charge cos when miui says full, Battery is not actually full.

Then I leave the charger plugged all through the update process.

After update, I restart the phone several times, like 4 times before I start using it.

Then finally I unplug the charger to stop charging the phone.

I think this helps in battery calibration.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2017
steevy:
Where did you get this update......OTA?

From the phone grin, yeah OTA size about 1.3gb

If your phone is telling you no update available, just change your location to another country Eg India, you search for update again and download. Change back location to Nigeria before rebooting.

But you can download from miui site too

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Heard they are some problems users experience with 8.1 like fingerprint and network..
What has been ur experience so far?

bily:

From the phone grin, yeah OTA size about 1.3gb

If your phone is telling you no update available, just change your location to another country Eg India, you search for update again and download. Change back location to Nigeria before rebooting.

But you can download from miui site too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Paxziano:

But If I may ask, y can't people just pay str8 up via Gtb or Access instead of funding alipocket. Im talkin abt items $100 n below
If your item is not above $100, y not, but if above, you cant! ask my ogas here. I'm new on AliExpress too but still got some experience. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2017
Profcamsey:

You don't get, it's not my card. I have used my card to fund $100 day before yesterday.
I am trying to pay the remaining $70 with my friends card.
You shouldnt have problem with that. I funded my Alipocket with a 3rd party card (after appeal) and use my card for the extras. Try again and check your transaction that worth 16k. Most times, GTBank will not deduct your main balance after your purchase but you wont have access to it, i.e, it will appear in your v=book balance but deducted in your available balance (which you only have access to).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2017
steevy:
Heard they are some problems users experience with 8.1 like fingerprint and network..
What has been ur experience so far?

No problem with fingerprint.
No problem with network here. Mtn still on 4g full bars.

The only thing I noticed is that sim 2 that I'm not using for browsing now stays constantly on 3g instead of edge. So I have sim 1 on 4g and sim 2 on 3g, I wonder why they changed it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tb0ysalutes: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Ok.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rust6(m): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2017
Successfully collected my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro would post photos later
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2017
Hmm, someone posted a video on how to enable the networks in settings, ABOUT PHONE. Have u tried that?

bily:

The only thing I noticed is that sim 2 that I'm not using for browsing now stays constantly on 3g instead of edge. So I have sim 1 on 4g and sim 2 on 3g, I wonder why they changed it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 11:27am On Jan 23, 2017
steevy:
Hmm, someone posted a video on how to enable the networks in settings, ABOUT PHONE. Have u tried that?

I know about that.
Just wondering why they configured it like that by default
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:54am On Jan 23, 2017
rust6:
Successfully collected my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro would post photos later
Oh! Congrats. when did you order?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 11:56am On Jan 23, 2017
bily:

Am still on 7. 3.7 can update to 8.1.1 straight up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
My people, is there a way to filter courier? I intend to buy some items but majority of the stores are using China Post Ordinary Small Plus, which has no tracking info and takes eternity to process clearance and delivery.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Damoxy:

Am still on 7. 3.7 can update to 8.1.1 straight up

yes. that's what I did
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hugo Berra leaves Xiaomi, let's see what his successor can offer, they will indeed miss his input.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

yes. that's what I did

Any ish so far
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

yes. that's what I did
But it's bringing 8.0.5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
If its RN3P download here and install manually http://en.miui.com/download-301.html#449

Choose your model on the tab above.

Damoxy:

But it's bringing 8.0.5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
steevy:
If its RN3P download here and install manually http://en.miui.com/download-301.html#449

Choose your model on the tab above.

Yea it's RN3P SE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
ok cool, Choose Global Special edition on the tab on top.
Updated for my missus not so long ago......everything is perfect. Didn't have the sim2 4g issues at all. Very perfect.

Damoxy:

Yea it's RN3P SE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
steevy:
ok cool, Choose Global Special edition on the tab on top.
Updated for my missus not so long ago......everything is perfect. Didn't have the sim2 4g issues at all. Very perfect.

Aiit,
But urs is mediatek
Any step by step way in doing it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Has anyone recieved tru agege or ikeja post office befor?hp packages dont get lost and collection process is easy?xiami hia i cum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Rn3pro flipcase and tempered glass for sale
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
kazzonline:
Has anyone recieved tru agege or ikeja post office befor?hp packages dont get lost and collection process is easy?xiami hia i cum
havent received yet but thats where about two of my packages are coming through it cant get lost
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
kazzonline:

Used Ikeja post office just once. I was asked to pay 1k for collection lol. I ended up paying 500, and that was the last time I sent any item to Ikeja.

I've been using Ikotun Post Office ever since, and it's even better. I have never paid for any item picked by me, and I always get a text or call when any item of mine is in their possession. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lovexme:

Used Ikeja post office just once. I was asked to pay 1k for collection lol. I ended up paying 500, and that was the last time I sent any item to Ikeja.

I've been using Ikotun Post Office ever since, and it's even better. I have never paid for any item picked by me, and I always get a text or call when any item of mine is in their possession. cool

Ikotun is best for me pls,its even close by,when i chked nipost site,they told me it was a postal agency,so i felt postal HO would be better,

Abeg whats the postal code you used for ikotun?i need it asap bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steevy(m): 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
not mediatek.....all special editions are snapdragon.

Damoxy:

Aiit,
But urs is mediatek
Any step by step way in doing it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
kazzonline:

Ikotun is best for me pls,its even close by,when i chked nipost site,they told me it was a postal agency,so i felt postal HO would be better,

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
kazzonline:
I received my package through post office last monday, was asked to pay n500.
Packages dont get lost, just ensure you usr the right address.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
kazzonline:

Just include Ikotun in your address.

I stay at Ikotun so, my address naturally read "Ikotun, Lagos".
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
rookidmart:

I only used the usual "23401". Don't know if it's right or wrong, but my house address includes Ikotun.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaidoski(m): 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
Please enlighten us on the 8.1.1 update, any cause for alarm, thinking of updating ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toniotonero(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.