Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,494 members, 7,865,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:06 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9497696 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (9333) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 2:31am On Dec 20, 2017
What do people think? It was shipped on 17/10/2017 and it's untracked item

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zenith4biz(m): 3:26am On Dec 20, 2017
tintall:

Ah!! na still same dispatched to overseas for me end o

En.trackitonline.ru
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 4:16am On Dec 20, 2017
careerpluzz:
I beg to differ on this point. I have a Redmi pro and have used it for less than one year. The port is not working anymore and you can only charge when phone is switched off, the middle portion of the screen is malfuctioning and does not react to touch or even tapping.
Now a new problem is that it goes on and off by itself and doe come on again immediately. I must say that before these glitches it was considered one of the better phones I have used. I currently have a Nokia lumia 730 that I have used for two years without a glitch. It is so reliable that I had to go out there and buy another one for storage so that it doesn't go out of the market when I need to replace it. My Iphone 5 never visited a technician till I gave it out. Ditto to all blackberries I have ever had.

I would say Xiaomi's mid range phones are not the strongest, but you have to consider the price you pay for them, personally, i see them as a phone with 12 to 18 months life cycle.. If you want an android phone that is ruggedly built, try Motorola..

I dropped my Mi Max while stepping out of a car and the screen developed a purple tint on the bottom right corner, though only visible with the screen off. Now this is a phone with Tempered glass and wallet style casing. I still notice the odd glitches here and there, for a phone that cost £180, i can live with that...Xiaomi devices are a little precious, you need to handle with care.. cheesy These are all my opinion, others might have a different view. Merry Christmas all..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:07am On Dec 20, 2017
careerpluzz:
I beg to differ on this point. I have a Redmi pro and have used it for less than one year. The port is not working anymore and you can only charge when phone is switched off, the middle portion of the screen is malfuctioning and does not react to touch or even tapping.
Now a new problem is that it goes on and off by itself and doe come on again immediately. I must say that before these glitches it was considered one of the better phones I have used. I currently have a Nokia lumia 730 that I have used for two years without a glitch. It is so reliable that I had to go out there and buy another one for storage so that it doesn't go out of the market when I need to replace it. My Iphone 5 never visited a technician till I gave it out. Ditto to all blackberries I have ever had.

you dont seem to know your exact phone model. please clarify if its redmi pro or redmi note 3 pro se?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:11am On Dec 20, 2017
seyema:

accept na.... next time zero your mind for 50 days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 6:21am On Dec 20, 2017
Gptech:

You are here bashing Singapore post, they are the most reliable if you ask me. The issue with them now is that they have a lot of parcels to handle compared to others. Here we have used both and others and have seen the bad side of postNL too. I can remember those days when we were happy with Gtb because of their swift services because customers were few, thesame cannot be said of them nowadays, the way they struggle makes me respect the likes of first bank.

I've used both PostNL and SingaporePost, never a day I encounter any bad experience with the PostNL like Singaporepost bro. Let's be honest can you share any bad news about PostNL?

I ship TV Box almost every week using PostNL and they never exceeds 18-25days time frame for me.
At least people should choose what is working for them grin

I bought a Mifi on 11th Dec and now it is already in PostNL sorting centre to be dispatch today or tomorrow. By God's grace it will arrive here and we will still be expecting 11:11 orders grin grin grin grin

For you to understand people's grievances just visit their Twitter handle and see what people are saying about their poor services this days....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 6:21am On Dec 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

50 days is too far na grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2017
Fabuloski:

which site will that be?

Aliepress, xiaomi store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by directonpc(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2017
Who get 4x 2gb/16 fairly used for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 6:26am On Dec 20, 2017
seyema:

Accept bro...
Pity that poor Chinese seller grin
Your item will surely arrive.. But instruct him to increase your buyer protection period.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

It is already 64days bro grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Collins4u1(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2017
iliyande:

64 days from dispatched to Nigeria!?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2017
Collins4u1:

64 days from dispatched to Nigeria!?

seyema:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abolore80(m): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2017
gbodimowo:
I can see you want the 3gb/32gb version eh my guy geekbuying is your best bet, they ship with PostNL and not that yeye singapore post that would be sending you up and down as a word of caution Buy the HK STOCK and i can tell you that you would see it at the rate of $129 for the abv stated version.

Thanks bro. Am definitely buying from geekbuying and i've selected the HK stock, but 134.9 dollars is the price, i didn't see any for 129. If you see for 129, you can send me the link. Thanks bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:29am On Dec 20, 2017
honsule:

that is why i like xiaomi store. my RN4 was shipped plus 1 free tempered glass.
u placed your order when they were giving it as gift and it was promotional then. Adding it to your package means you'll pay for it normally.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2017
Good morning fellas.
As a precautionary measure, ensure you buy case and tempered glass(es) especially, with your phones. Their costs pale in significance with your phone value. Getting accessories separately(especially after you've received your phone) might be more cumbersome than you imagine.
kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Protein0:
Good morning fellas.
As a precautionary measure, ensure you buy case and tempered glass(es) especially, with your phones. Their costs pale in significance with your phone value. Getting accessories separately(especially after you've received your phone) might be more cumbersome than you imagine.
kiss
pls link for good n quality note 5a tempered glasses. thankz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
iliyande:

Really?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
honsule:

50 days is too far na grin grin

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2017
iliyande:

How far,our talk na?still in motion?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2017
iliyande:

I've used both PostNL and SingaporePost, never a day I encounter any bad experience with the PostNL like Singaporepost bro. Let's be honest can you share any bad news about PostNL?

I ship TV Box almost every week using PostNL and they never exceeds 18-25days time frame for me.
At least people should choose what is working for them grin

I bought a Mifi on 11th Dec and now it is already in PostNL sorting centre to be dispatch today or tomorrow. By God's grace it will arrive here and we will still be expecting 11:11 orders grin grin grin grin

For you to understand people's grievances just visit their Twitter handle and see what people are saying about their poor services this days....
Like I said, they have much more goods to clear compared to others. As for postNL, I have had bad experiences with them before, just can't dig the order out now. Point is what is happening now to Singapore post it not deliberate, and I don't believe postNL will handle it better hence my Gtb and First bank analogy. Won't forget when we started bashing Dreami store for something similar( they even had to stop free shipping) and ran to the likes of Smartgo, now Smartgo is receiving same or worse bashing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:16am On Dec 20, 2017
Gptech:

Like I said, they have much more goods to clear compared to others, as for postNL, I have has bad experiences with them before, just can't dig the order out now. Point is what is happening now to Singapore post it not deliberate, and I don't believe postNL will handle it better hence my Gtb and First bank analogy. Won't forget when we started bashing Dreami store for something similar( the even had to stop free shipping) and ran to the likes of Smartgo, now Smartgo is receiving same or worse bashing.

grin no vex bro, but I always share my bad experiences for others to learn from it...

Imagine 1st December orders arriving before 11:11 orders? wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2017
noobody:

How far,our talk na?still in motion?
Just came back from a trip yesterday, still waiting for him cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:22am On Dec 20, 2017
iliyande:

Just came back from a trip yesterday, still waiting for him cool

Ok boss,no wahala sir

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2017
1 week old grin Redmi note 4 global for sale at affordable price , contact on signature 4gb 64gb black. Free case n tempered glass. Location is ilorin but it can be sent anywhere

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:47am On Dec 20, 2017
Richhard:

Check your telegram bro!
Replied you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2017
iliyande:

grin no vex bro, but I always share my bad experiences for others to learn from it...

Imagine 1st December orders arriving before 11:11 orders? wink
Hahahahahahahaha, even me sef dey experience my worst with Jumia ever, order of 25th last month still no where to be found.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2017
acekid109:
1 week old grin Redmi note 4 global for sale at affordable price , contact on signature 4gb 64gb black. Free case n tempered glass.

Colour?price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Tempered glass is NOT free, you pay for it like 99.8% of the time except the store gifts you.

But come to think of it, phone should go with Tempered glass na, imagine buying phone without tempered glass and ur screen gets shattered like those guys complaining here. i still like Xiaomi online stores sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by officialteemi(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2017
redmi 5plus abeg e worth am??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2017
noobody:

Colour?price?
66k. Black colour 4gb 64gb

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (9333) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.