Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,557 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9163517 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
stephinnoyewole:
the 3g is up now,using a code I got from jboixxx codes compilation,but the network is not encouraging at all, it's too slow
Congrats on the phone bros.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
For those of you comparing xiaomi camera. I know it's good but the truth remains that it's not good enough. My former phone was tecno w5 front camera is 5mp and back is 13. And I can attest to the camera. I would have compared the camera if it wasn't stolen. (well that was the reason I got rn4 in the first place). Anyway I made a comparison of rn4 with tecno spark k7. I think the camera is 8/13 or 5/13 front and rear respectively. This camera of k7 was at par with my w5 before it was stolen.

The above pics is tecno spark k7 while the lower ones are rnz

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henryduru2(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
Gptech:

To be fair that phone don old na, even my Redmi note 2 then outperform am for camera, try compare recent devices make ur testimony compete grin.
lol make ma hand touch m6 first or A1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
Donfamous:
For those of you comparing xiaomi camera. I know it's good but the truth remains that it's not good enough. My former phone was tecno w5 front camera is 5mp and back is 13. And I can attest to the camera. I would have compared the camera if it wasn't stolen. (well that was the reason I got rn4 in the first place). Anyway I made a comparison of rn4 with tecno spark k7. I think the camera is 8/13 or 5/13 front and rear respectively. This camera of k7 was at par with my w5 before it was stolen.

We hav hrd you sir,
But the note 4 is sha ur daily driver abi,
And they didnt go on facebook to tag the the phone the best camera in the world,which made you decided to purchase the phone abi,.

If i wia u,i wud just choose the tecno over the xiaomi sha grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
Billyzone4:
is it the global version u bought
Yes, I told the Aliexpress seller to install it before shipping the phone to Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henryduru2(m): 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
Donfamous:

I even tested with one of my friends k8 pro he just bought recently MI camera also pass am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Billyzone4: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
busuyi44:

Yes, I told the Aliexpress seller to install it before shipping the phone to Nigeria
ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
henryduru2:
I even tested with one of my friends k8 pro he just bought recently MI camera also pass am
more. Remember k7 is d first while rn4 is below. Check d picture colour. We all know the truth.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
And finally

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
noobody:

We hav hrd you sir,
But the note 4 is sha ur daily driver abi,
And they didnt go on facebook to tag the the phone the best camera in the world,which made you decided to purchase the phone abi,.

If i wia u,i wud just choose the tecno over the xiaomi sha grin
well I'm rocking my rn4. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't say the truth sir. Noobody the boss himself
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Make you na stop comparing camera abeg. You sha no fit return the phone back, if you're not satisfied with the output, just sell am, make it your 2° phone or root am and instal Gcam as we've got so many testimonies abt Gcam power.

We need sanity here, abeg. My iPhone is calling me.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
Donfamous:
well I'm rocking my rn4. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't say the truth sir. Noobody the boss himself
You used flash? Well, snap without flash too, and in daylight, and other difficult scenarios. What I see in the first pics is that the Redmi note 4 is either too close to where the focus is (leading to overexposure) or it was not even focused at all.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
jboixxx:
Make you na stop comparing camera abeg. You sha no fit return the phone back, if you're not satisfied with the output, just sell am, make it your 2° phone or root am and instal Gcam as we've got so many testimonies abt Gcam power.

you've said yours. You can move on
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
jboixxx:

My C902 dey call me too ooo grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
Gptech:

You used flash? Well, snap without flash too, and in daylight, and other difficult scenarios. What I see in the first pics is that the Redmi note 4 is either too close to where the focus is (leading to overexposure) or it was not even focused at all.
no flash. The same distance. But were focused. Snapped table floor and roof I.e from different views.
The image are both clear. And d colour came out the exact way it was naturally in rn4 Just that k7 has more red colour. That's my view. Wish xiaomi can upgrade their camera soft whenever there is another miui for update. That's if it is possible
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
jboixxx:

Bros i taya ooo

My umi crystal calling me ojere grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Precioussilas10: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Gptech:

This is not an upgrade oooo, unless you are going for the aesthetics and battery efficiency. If you care about camera consider the Mi note 3 or wait for Mi 7, I believe your money tall pass iroko tree wink.
lol! Thanks bro for your swift response.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dguyindcorner(m): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hellooo,
I am thinking of going for either Mi max 2 or Redmi Note 4. My question is how do you know the one that is global version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
Donfamous:

You cropped both pictures with the Redmi phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
jboixxx:

There's nothing wrong with the camera sensor na. Enjoy ya phone brother.

Gcam has compatibility issues with omnivision lens (pink tint and dark videos).. but devs on xda are working on it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
henryduru2:
Make Una see wetin happen today, ma friend wey de use Gionee M5 2gb ram 16gb ROM rear cam 13 front cam 8mp we just say make we do camera test omoh ah bring out my small redmi 4x try rear camera my own beat de phone hands down de one way come mad me be say we try front camera my own na 5mp while his own be 8mp we take first picture my own come de as if u use canon camera take photo while ma friend own come de as if say he de use Tecno t401 take picture ah don laugh am tire today he buy the phone about 80k ah buy my own just 44k anything wey go make me buy Gionee for this life that don jam tipper

Hmm u sure? Gionee has good camera quality oh, though the device varies i came from gionee splus to rn4x and sincerely splus camera beat dis one hands down even when viewed on my tv but dis rn4x dey struggle to impress dou not terrible like some tecno and infinix cameras but gionee has always been good with Their camera shaa

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
henryduru2:
lol make ma hand touch m6 first or A1

No try compare with both ohh esp A1 u go just shame
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ennyasems: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Pls guys i have a chink guy coming from china to help me get the xiaomi mi6. He cudnt get the one with the global rom? How can i install the global rom wen the phone arrives?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Sorry this is coming late. Big ups to @Noobody, got a Xiaomi Redmi note 4x for a friend through him.
I can't post pictures cos the phone didn't pass through me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ennyasems:
Pls guys i have a chink guy coming from china to help me get the xiaomi mi6. He cudnt get the one with the global rom? How can i install the global rom wen the phone arrives?
If it comes with the original china stable rom and not some crappy rom installed by resellers, you should stay on that rom cos it has more features than the Global stable rom. For Google playstore; install google installer and get other google apps there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
For those that want great camera, abeg make una go buy flagships e full Alixpress. I don't expect to get great camera if am using a budget phone. Who I dey deceive?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
henry007:

Lool Joker! See my smartphone awards for reference.

https://www.nairaland.com/4262881/2017-smartphone-awards

Yes, i didn't go far, before i spot the biased, that ugly looking thing with bezel bigger than my head is ur runner up of most beautiful smartphone? (phantom cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frankdamaxx(m): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
fibonacci2526:
For those that want great camera, abeg make una go buy flagships e full Alixpress. I don't expect to get great camera if am using a budget phone. Who I dey deceive?

Well, some budget phones have good cameras. I use the Mi A1 and I can assure you that the pictures are top notch. S7 and iPhone 7 plus level.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henryduru2(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
Georgioo:

No try compare with both ohh esp A1 u go just shame
ah know A1 go beat am hands down but still ah go compare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
Donfamous:
no flash. The same distance. But were focused. Snapped table floor and roof I.e from different views.
The image are both clear. And d colour came out the exact way it was naturally in rn4 Just that k7 has more red colour. That's my view. Wish xiaomi can upgrade their camera soft whenever there is another miui for update. That's if it is possible
Ok then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
scotweezy:
Sorry this is coming late. Big ups to @Noobody, got a Xiaomi Redmi note 4x for a friend through him.
I can't post pictures cos the phone didn't pass through me.
First, you have to be weary of clones, they are all over China.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: seaboyzen, djaybaba and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.