Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9247952 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
guydangerous:
I didn't purchase it myself Mr noobody placed the order for me when I paid him,if you want the phone contact noobody or proteinO or Holuwaxheun...they are legit.

Thx bro.

@Jeremy24, we can help you with your ordering.

Kindly chat me up on whatsapp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guydangerous(m): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Perge:
I didn't followed any procedure.... Just go to updater and allow it to download. In fact, I did not even backed up my data and nothing was losed.
thanks chief...but that backup stuff...chief no tempt me oh shocked wait first make I backup because no be small music and films I get here before k leg turn to y grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Perge(m): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etoman1(m): 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
Perge:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32807982789.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.2af3def260gd4Y
ok. Thank you. Please give me maybe your email address or mobile number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
guydangerous:
thanks chief...but that backup stuff...chief no tempt me oh shocked wait first make I backup because no be small music and films I get here before k leg turn to y grin grin grin.

Nothing can go wrong with OTA update unless you rooted it of course.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guydangerous(m): 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
henry007:

Nothing can go wrong with OTA update unless you rooted it of course.
not rooted,my phone is legit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 12:09am On Jan 21, 2018
seyema:

I think i saw grid autosport on playstore or is that the fake one?
probably fake
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:41am On Jan 21, 2018
Redmi 5 plus camera vs Redmi Note 4 Camera.

I think the improvement is fairly visible in spite of the reduction in megapixel.

Who do y'all think?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by buchito1(m): 2:10am On Jan 21, 2018
acekid109:
change region. That helps
How do i do that? cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by buchito1(m): 2:11am On Jan 21, 2018
GrandMufti:

Did you factory reset as advised by Gptech? It's definitely a bug with the rom
I didn't... I was expecting a Rom from them or something... But still nothing... cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by buchito1(m): 2:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Gptech:

Have you done any update since then? You might want to try and update ty developer rom and see it the issue is still there.
Speak boss, your servant is listening..

Guide me on how to go about it... Thanks brov! cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chams: 3:28am On Jan 21, 2018
Hi everyone.. Proud to announce that I have joined the Xiaomi tribe... Having observed this thread keenly throughout last month.... At first I thought the way this device is been praised... I thought it's overrated... But when I got the miui experience on my redmi5 plus... It is a crime to even compare techno or infinix phones or gionee with this masterpiece....
You can only compare infinix with tecno or gionee... This one is way beyond them....
Although the redmi series are not camera Centric still... The ui, brand level is way past the Camon cx nd the likes...after all, how will I be using only camera to judge a phone when it's not an ordinary digital camera.... cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 5:28am On Jan 21, 2018
buchito1:
How do i do that? cry
i think it's under additional settings, then region. Change to somewhere like china, try playing a music to test the quality. You can also restart after changing region. I had this while using miui9 too, saw the tutorial online and it fixed it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Collins4u1(m): 6:03am On Jan 21, 2018
etoman1:
hi house. please i have this Mi phone that has battery problem.please im in the east currently and i need help on how to fix it cos i have lots of valuables on it. any reasonable response will be appreciated. thank you

which side are you?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Collins4u1(m): 6:04am On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=etoman1 post=64373835][/quote]
is this a m an original xiaomi?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Collins4u1(m): 6:05am On Jan 21, 2018
guydangerous:
please am using the phone as yours redmi note 4 3/32,please step by step guide on how you updated from miui 8 to 9 though oga gptech had earlier answered me but since we are using the same phone and model specific guide would be of grate help because I want to do it tonight thank you.

o ye man of little faith..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Collins4u1:

is this a m an original xiaomi?
My thought exactly, this particular phone has so many clones, let's see what cpz has to say.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:47am On Jan 21, 2018
guydangerous:
not rooted,my phone is legit.
Even if you are rooted, you won't get a brick, you'll only lose root privilege when you update via OTA, that's how miui works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:51am On Jan 21, 2018
buchito1:
Speak boss, your servant is listening..

Guide me on how to go about it... Thanks brov! cry
Servant ke! Una nr go kill person with washi! If you are already on Android 7, you can download the rom from miui, and flash via your updater app, you'll lose all your files in the process, so you have to especially manually backup your files to an external memory.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 7:19am On Jan 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I told you it was coming......

Gptech - - - - - Meet the latest iPhone X rival (clone) in town........

Umidigi Z2 upon us soonest.....

Buhari get dis fone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Precioussilas10: 7:29am On Jan 21, 2018
Chams:
Hi everyone.. Proud to announce that I have joined the Xiaomi tribe... Having observed this thread keenly throughout last month.... At first I thought the way this device is been praised... I thought it's overrated... But when I got the miui experience on my redmi5 plus... It is a crime to even compare techno or infinix phones or gionee with this masterpiece....
You can only compare infinix with tecno or gionee... This one is way beyond them....
Although the redmi series are not camera Centric still... The ui, brand level is way past the Camon cx nd the likes...after all, how will I be using only camera to judge a phone when it's not an ordinary digital camera.... cheesy
chams is yours the global stable rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meklex(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Meklex:
9.0.3.0 and 9.0.5.0 which is better? Rn4
any answers?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etoman1(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2018
Collins4u1:

which side are you?
Enugu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2018
My RN4X battery has been inferior for some time now to say the least. It has not always been so good but it has never been has bad as it is now. I even changed memory optimisation to 'middle' in developer options but it has now gotten worse sef. Dunno if it's because I upgraded from 9.0.5.0 to 9.0.7.0?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:07am On Jan 21, 2018
Meklex:
any answers?
the former

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:29am On Jan 21, 2018
grinface98:
My RN4X battery has been inferior for some time now to say the least. It has not always been so good but it has never been has bad as it is now. I even changed memory optimisation to 'middle' in developer options but it has now gotten worse sef. Dunno if it's because I upgraded from 9.0.5.0 to 9.0.7.0?
Post your SOT stat too.
Did you reset your device after updating and has your battery been calibrated afterwards too? Temperature, usage patterns, netw stability, new app(s) installed? Any of these could affect your battery.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by buchito1(m): 9:38am On Jan 21, 2018
acekid109:
i think it's under additional settings, then region. Change to somewhere like china, try playing a music to test the quality. You can also restart after changing region. I had this while using miui9 too, saw the tutorial online and it fixed it
Didn't work bro cry cry

Changed my Location to India... And still its very low cry

Could you drop the tutorials for me?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by buchito1(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2018
Gptech:

Servant ke! Una nr go kill person with washi! If you are already on Android 7, you can download the rom from miui, and flash via your updater app, you'll lose all your files in the process, so you have to especially manually backup your files to an external memory.
Link to download Rom bro... And steps in flashing...

I know nothing cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2018
acekid109:

Sometimes, I wonder what those phone makers are thinking. My redmi note 3 call volume was also too low, sometimes In a noisy area, I had to press the phone hard to my ears.

Now that I'm using a custom kernel and turned the volume up, I'm really enjoying the phone.

Do they test these values in a sound proof room and just decide its okay?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 10:12am On Jan 21, 2018
guys, what's the difference between China ROM n Global? is anyone better than the other?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyetboy(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2018
grinface98:
Name of your theme?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2018
yak:
guys, what's the difference between China ROM n Global? is anyone better than the other?

China rom
Pros
Faster update
New features add before Global rom
Option to choose between Chinese and English language

Cons
Some Chinese bloatware
No google services /apps but can easily be installed

Global rom
Pros
Google services/app pre-installed
No Chinese bloatware
Usually a lighter rom
Option to choose between several languages

Cons
Gets new features later and may never get some features in the China rom

Both roms are fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) ... (9319) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.