Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9361620 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2791) (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frekyfrik(f): 5:19pm On May 10, 2018
Hi everyone, Please just a quick shout out to all the gurus in the house. A couple of pages back, I asked for your opinion about the best Xiaomi phone to go for. As a result of all your recommendations and suggestions, my mind tilted from Mi Max 11 to Note 5 Pro. I took delivery of my first Xiaomi phone yesterday - Xiaomi Note 5 Pro.

Thank you guys!

On opening the phone however, I realized it was the Chinese ROM version. I honestly was not attentive when I was told it was the only version available. Although I have the option of returning it if I am not okay with it, but I would like to know if the Chinese ROM is 'something one could live with', without massive regrets later. Apart from google services that are not pre - installed, please are there other hidden 'terms and condition' that I need to know about upfront?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ayomikun2820(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2018
Another quick shout-out to macbeyland for helping me order my redmi 5 plus. This phone is a real beauty. So happy to have finally joined the xiaomi gang grin . Been wishing to since the redmi 4 was first released but couldn't cos off different issues. But now finally cool cool cool ... thanks to macbeyland for the smooth delivery of the device

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ayomikun2820(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2018
And also thanks to all d xiaomi fans here who have been promoting this device and saving us from spending our money on crap like the "tecno that is far above xiaomi" grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AnaCheks(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2018
Please i need a silicon case... Rn4X
Cc
Holuwahexen
Noobody

ETC..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:45pm On May 10, 2018
frekyfrik:
Hi everyone, Please just a quick shout out to all the gurus in the house. A couple of pages back, I asked for your opinion about the best Xiaomi phone to go for. As a result of all your recommendations and suggestions, my mind tilted from Mi Max 11 to Note 5 Pro. I took delivery of my first Xiaomi phone yesterday - Xiaomi Note 5 Pro.

Thank you guys!

On opening the phone however, I realized it was the Chinese ROM version. I honestly was not attentive when I was told it was the only version available. Although I have the option of returning it if I am not okay with it, but I would like to know if the Chinese ROM is 'something one could live with', without massive regrets later. Apart from google services that are not pre - installed, please are there other hidden 'terms and condition' that I need to know about upfront?

Of course you can live with it but you might see some Chinese xters in some apps. It's always advisable to choose the global version if you are a new user of the brand. Congrats on your new device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2018
james17:
See my own fa since

Kindly chill. You will get your order.

And avoid sharing your tracking details on social media.

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AnaCheks(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2018
Cc
Holuwahexen
Noobody

ETC..
Baba Gptech et al
Jboixx I greet u all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2018
AnaCheks:
Cc
Holuwahexen
Noobody

ETC..

Not available on ground, but i can place order for u, if you dont mind.

cheers grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 5:59pm On May 10, 2018
jinbility:
pls ooo, gurus in the house wen i was using samsung galaxy, i sync my contacts on google. But now using redmi note 5 pro i logged in to google app but my contacts wont appear. Anyway forward ? I need help ooo. Was only able to retrieve my whatsapp contacts.

i need help biko
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 6:04pm On May 10, 2018
jinbility:
should i go on ?
should i just update straight ?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2018
frekyfrik:

Thank you guys!

Welcome to the Xiaomi family. You can definitely live with it. There is no need to panic. There are some other chinese applications you might see on the phone, all you need to do is to uninstall them. For the installation of playstore, kindly use youtube for that.

Enjoy your device.

Cheers. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:10pm On May 10, 2018
This thread sha, a place to have a glimpse of many things. Thanks to oga Seun. Only God knows what some people would have turned into without NL grin

Shout out to all goons in the house kiss

... Waiting patiently for Mi7 and OnePlus 6. Noobody, are we still on dt page? cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AnaCheks(m): 6:15pm On May 10, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

Not available on ground, but i can place order for u, if you dont mind.

cheers grin grin grin
Boss... What's the price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AnaCheks(m): 6:19pm On May 10, 2018
Protein0:
This thread sha, a place to have a glimpse of many things. Thanks to oga Seun. Only God knows what some people would have turned into without NL grin

... Waiting patiently for Mi7 and OnePlus 6. Noobody, are we still on dt page? cool
U contributed so much to make it as it is now. God bless u too

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2018
Protein0:

Owo meji loke fun baba.

Welcome back boss Mi.

cool cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:23pm On May 10, 2018
AnaCheks:

Boss... What's the price?

Lets chat on whatsapp Sir.

My number is on my signature.

Cheers

grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 6:24pm On May 10, 2018
Gptech:

Ordered from Fantacy store on the 11th of last month and got it on the 28th of same month,its not about the store.
so wats it about??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 6:28pm On May 10, 2018
Ayomikun2820:
And also thanks to all d xiaomi fans here who have been promoting this device and saving us from spending our money on crap like the "tecno that is far above xiaomi" grin grin
they will come for u oo..lol grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adeniyisamuel59(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2018
bobo65:

Fantacy Technology
shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2018
Apart from mi note 2(global version), is there any other current Xiaomi phone with band 28?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2018
adeniyisamuel59:
shocked shocked shocked

What happen?
U r Makin me scared
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:36pm On May 10, 2018
AnaCheks:
U contributed so much to make it as it is now. God bless u too
Aameen. And you too sir.
They won't relent in forcing empty calories down people's throats and we won't stop offering protein-rich diets at cheaper prices than their zero calories meals. No time!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 6:39pm On May 10, 2018
PureMe01:
they will come for u oo..lol grin grin

Let them CRAPNO marketers come. We dey ground gidigba ready to deal with them!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:40pm On May 10, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

Owo meji loke fun baba.

Welcome back boss Mi.

cool cool
I remain loyal sir kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kamaye(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2018
james17:
See my own fa since
my item left China since 4th of April, it has not arrive yet, the most annoying part is the other item I ordered on the same day have arrived 10 days ago.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2018
Protein0:
Aameen. And you too sir.
They won't relent in forcing empty calories down people's throats and we won't stop offering protein-rich diets at cheaper prices than their zero calories meals. No time!
BARS... already a better rapper than ice prince.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:42pm On May 10, 2018
lanre316:

Let them come. We dey ground gidigba ready to deal with them!
dem no fit sef. They're outta tactics cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:45pm On May 10, 2018
Kamaye:
my item left China since 4th of April, it has not arrive yet, the most annoying part is the other item I ordered on the same day have arrived 10 days ago.
Free shipping
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:49pm On May 10, 2018
jinbility:

i need help biko

Settings- Accounts- Google.

Remove the Google account and re-add again. Then make sure contacts, calendar,Gmail etc are then synced. You can also reboot after doing all these.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2018
Gptech:

Ordered from Fantacy store on the 11th of last month and got it on the 28th of same month,its not about the store.

Na wa o.. Buhari why cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2018
AnaCheks:
Cc
Holuwahexen
Noobody

ETC..
Baba Gptech et al
Jboixx I greet u all
We have in ground...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2791) (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toscotech(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.