Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9477453 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zainkay: 7:58pm On May 16, 2018
how much is redmi note 5?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 8:05pm On May 16, 2018
lavenderjade:
For people wey dem ship their stuff april 26th
Singpost.. I had a chat with singpost facebook. Seems the package is lost already cos i was told to ask the sender to investigate it and possibly resend but aliexpress only says that will be possible after 60 days elapses because there is no way to open dispute since its showing despatched. One of the customer service rep said i can only open dispute now by clicking on i received the order and then explaining the issue in the dispute page that aliexpress expert team will judge the case using the tracking code. But i see that as a risky stuff.
This is really annoying though. Cant they just change that singpost?
no even try am at alll
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2018
port Harcourt, but I deliver to any part of the country through courier
lanre316:

Where is your location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:19pm On May 16, 2018
Please share their Facebook page
lavenderjade:
Singpost.. I had a chat with singpost facebook. Seems the package is lost already cos i was told to ask the sender to investigate it and possibly resend but aliexpress only says that will be possible after 60 days elapses because there is no way to open dispute since its showing despatched. One of the customer service rep said i can only open dispute now by clicking on i received the order and then explaining the issue in the dispute page that aliexpress expert team will judge the case using the tracking code. But i see that as a risky stuff.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:27pm On May 16, 2018
Wagasigiungu:

This mixza memory card is definitely faulty and sub-standard jor. Once you try to access media files saved on it, it automatically unmounts itself and one will hv to restart the phone for it to mount again.

This is the first time I will be trying their product and I am disappointed.

Too early to generalize. It could be a defective unit or caused by improper / forceful ejection. Format it with your pc and try again. Be careful not to use a wrong format.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:31pm On May 16, 2018
DestinyToRule:
Xiaomites kindly, how do i stop dis app from running secretly despite turn off back group app.

Try settings /battery and performance / choose apps. Then select any app and tap on 'restrict background activity'
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluxa1(m): 8:38pm On May 16, 2018
Super Price Slash On New Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 6GB RAM /64GB (Black)
N150,000
Price is fixed.

Lowest prices always...
[/quote]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 8:42pm On May 16, 2018
lavenderjade:

Is like we are i the same boat oo. I ordered for Xiaomi Note 5 since Easter Friday it was dispatched on the 26th of April but till now i haven't received it. On tracking it it will be showing departed country of origin since then. Now they are telling me to wait till 26th of June if i don't receive it, then i can open dispute.
Am tired of waiting.

Any help Bikonu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:55pm On May 16, 2018
Wagasigiungu:
Guys how good is this mixza memory cards? A friend bought one but it seems to be unmounting itself automatically. What could be the problem? Is it a sub standard memory card or what. I was the one who recommended it to him after going through posts on here. Any takes on this issue pls?

I have sold like 5 here and still have 2 in stock. None of d buyers has issue so far

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:57pm On May 16, 2018
atiteb4:
good afternoon sir. Kindly check your mail
I've not seen any mail o... Whatsapp me... 07031080287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MacZrino: 9:00pm On May 16, 2018
Price of the black shark can get me two consoles, would wait till december to get it maybe by then the price will drop.angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 9:21pm On May 16, 2018
On Redmi 5 plus

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2018
Wagasigiungu:
Guys how good is this mixza memory cards? A friend bought one but it seems to be unmounting itself automatically. What could be the problem? Is it a sub standard memory card or what. I was the one who recommended it to him after going through posts on here. Any takes on this issue pls?

Have bought it for years now, over 10 of them for people around me, none with any issue, send the link you bought from.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2018
Gptech:

Have bought it for years now, over 10 of them for people around me, none with any issue, send the link you bought from.

I bought it from mixza online store of AE.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:38pm On May 16, 2018
GrandMufti:

Too early to generalize. It could be a defective unit or caused by improper / forceful ejection. Format it with your pc and try again. Be careful not to use a wrong format.

Well I ain't generalising. Just saying I haven't experienced similar issues with other memory cards I hv bought from AE. Anyways I will hv to format the memory card to see if this fixes the issue. However a temporary fix has been discovered.

The default write disk was set to the external memory card under android settings. I hv changed it to internal memory and the forceful unmounting seems to hv stopped. Fingers crossed though.

Thanks @GrandMufti @Gptech @busuyi44
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 16, 2018
Just a reminder that even the so called big names still sometimes experience big issues with updates.

ALWAYS backup before installing ANY system update.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_and_s7_edge_encounter_serious_issue_with_oreo_update-news-31096.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Razael23(m): 10:14pm On May 16, 2018
Una dey see how funny Singapore Post be abi?. I ordered a Memory card last week Tuesday, dem despatched am on Thursday and e don land Lagos today Wednesday...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2018
Jecyangel:

Is like we are i the same boat oo. I ordered for Xiaomi Note 5 since Easter Friday it was dispatched on the 26th of April but till now i haven't received it. On tracking it it will be showing departed country of origin since then. Now they are telling me to wait till 26th of June if i don't receive it, then i can open dispute.
Am tired of waiting.

Any help Bikonu

My dear. You have to wait till time elapse and you will get refunded. Its annoying though but we dont really have a choice here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2018
Wagasigiungu:

I bought it from mixza online store of AE.
Ok, good store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiliz(m): 10:40pm On May 16, 2018
DonnyE:
On Redmi 5 plus
Pls am trying to update n its taking too long. Wana knw if it will resume or start all over if i stoped d update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisnando: 11:01pm On May 16, 2018
lavenderjade:
I ordered a fone on 1st of January it was despatched on the 12th of same month and that was the end. I got refunded last month, made another order same week and it was despatched on 26th now it's missing.
It means I've been trying to to order for one phone since the first day of the year. Once they refund me, I'll never use aliexpress again. It's so painful, I rather use a tecno crap at least peace of mind is assured
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 11:13pm On May 16, 2018
chrisnando:
I ordered a fone on 1st of January it was despatched on the 12th of same month and that was the end. I got refunded last month, made another order same week and it was despatched on 26th now it's missing.
It means I've been trying to to order for one phone since the first day of the year. Once they refund me, I'll never use aliexpress again. It's so painful, I rather use a tecno crap at least peace of mind is assured

This one na serious matter o

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by punn4u: 11:16pm On May 16, 2018
Hello I WANNA BUY Redmi note 5 Pro 6GB RAM. But before I do, I do love to ask if it comes with warranty. I bought Xiaomi max 2 last year december from a seller here and last month, the phone network went off. I thought it was MTN Network cus I was using MTN in the 2 sim port. So I removed the sims and inserted it back but no service. Although, it does detect sim but it will write "No service." I input other network and still same thing. I switched to 2G but still the same. I even searched for network manually..... But still same. I went to the forum and I was told that I should return the phone back to the manufactural if I bought it new. They said it has warranty...... I called the seller and explained to him and his response wan't helpful at all.......... I bought the phone and ear piece from him 108k. This is the reason I wanna buy another Xiaomi phone cus I do enjoy xiaomi product and it's bwhat I use for business.

So I want to buy Xiaomi Redmi note 5 Pro 6GB RAM (Please will it come with warranty)..... I'm in lagos but will be going back to school (Ondo state) on saturday.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 11:24pm On May 16, 2018
chrisnando:

Na wa o.. Aliexpress don madt finish o.. Scammers don full am.. The shipping company singapore post dont even know where the orders entered.. Nai make me laff.. They said i shuld message the seller. Rubbish
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 16, 2018
busuyi44:

I have sold like 5 here and still have 2 in stock. None of d buyers has issue so far

Interested in buying one. How much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Manus17(m): 12:20am On May 17, 2018
thanks to Holuwaxheun for the purchase and safety delivery of my Redmi 5plus 4/64gb... really appreciate bro...

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NicestDude: 12:34am On May 17, 2018
henry007:

What's the back made of?

Yo, it's not plastic. The phone is made from aluminum 6000 series, the back is metal, coated with 6 layers of ceramic... Get your facts right. It's not plastic sir. I'm using it

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 12:41am On May 17, 2018
punn4u:
Hello I WANNA BUY Redmi note 5 Pro 6GB RAM. But before I do, I do love to ask if it comes with warranty. I bought Xiaomi max 2 last year december from a seller here and last month, the phone network went off. I thought it was MTN Network cus I was using MTN in the 2 sim port. So I removed the sims and inserted it back but no service. Although, it does detect sim but it will write "No service." I input other network and still same thing. I switched to 2G but still the same. I even searched for network manually..... But still same. I went to the forum and I was told that I should return the phone back to the manufactural if I bought it new. They said it has warranty...... I called the seller and explained to him and his response wan't helpful at all.......... I bought the phone and ear piece from him 108k. This is the reason I wanna buy another Xiaomi phone cus I do enjoy xiaomi product and it's bwhat I use for business.

So I want to buy Xiaomi Redmi note 5 Pro 6GB RAM (Please will it come with warranty)..... I'm in lagos but will be going back to school (Ondo state) on saturday.

The phone is imported to Nigeria unofficially, No official representative/office in Nigeria that will give you local warranty.. undecided

This is where you get warranty http://item.mi.com/product/10000084.html buy from there and be ready to take it here if there is an issue..

Peace.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 12:50am On May 17, 2018
DonnyE:
On Redmi 5 plus

You even got Voice over LTE.. Enjoy it.. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 1:03am On May 17, 2018
chrisnando:

Calm down, you don't want to spend much that's why.. order the phone through these guys using express delivery...

It's that simple ahaaha.. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 1:14am On May 17, 2018
wiliz:
Pls am trying to update n its taking too long. Wana knw if it will resume or start all over if i stoped d update
It should continue from the last stop point .. Although i haven't updated mine yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 1:15am On May 17, 2018
Dam5reey:

You even got Voice over LTE.. Enjoy it.. grin
Yeah yeah..Redmi 5+ came with the full package. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chadbasin and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.