Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9220701 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) (3252) (3253) (3254) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
I have a weird question:

Is it me or does the screen display quality (not ppi resolution o) of Redmi Note 4X is better than Redmi 5 Plus? I didn't notice until I held both side by side. RN4X seems to be of more quality, like Samsung AMOLED screen, while R5P screen look like good infinix phone screen, not as good as RN4X in quality. Note:Both have almost the same ppi and I set both phones contrast level to be the same.

Is it just me?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
UPDATE! UPDATE!!

The following phones are currently available for instant pickups

All phone purchased come with the following Freebies:

2 Tempered glass
1 360 degree case
*1 earpiece
*1 EU adapter
*1 phone stand
*1 32gb Mixza memory card for redmi note 5- 64g and 16gb memory card for xiaomi redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus 64gb/32gb

YOU CAN NOW PURCHASE 360 DEGREE CASE AND TEMPERED GLASS FOR REDMI NOTE 5, MINIMUM OF 2PCS @1600 naira per piece. Nylon printed tempered glass @850 per piece... buyer pays delivery cost.

*From next week, you will have the option of getting xiaomi mi band 3 @ 11k if you buy a mobile phone.

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 black (69k)

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 64gb black, global version from factory (80k)

3 pieces of gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 64 gb global version from factory (79k)

1 piece of Xiaomi redmi note 5 gold color, global version from factory (68k)

2 pieces of xiaomi redmi 5 plus 32gb global version black available @60k

Call now on 08062907289 to book yours.

Both global version and global rom installed available

Face to face delivery for those in Port Harcourt, Delivery to Lagos, Abuja, Akure, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Agbor, Bayelsa within 24 hours.

************************************************[/b]
AliExpress Deals Available

Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3/32gb 54k
Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 4/64gb 62k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 3/32gb 63k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb 73k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 3/32gb 61k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 4/64gb 69k
Xiaomi mi 8 SE 4/64gb 120k
Xiaomi mi 6x 4/64gb 100k

2-3 weeks delivery time

Call or watsapp on 08062907289 to book yours.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Most people here has contributed by trying to resolve the case and what did you think "that" guy did all through? His first post to the issue was to ignite unnecessary tension by insisting most people would have invalidated the buyer's claim, u don't even know half of it when it comes to him. E Don tey, nor be today.
grin grin grin... Ok no problem... But as una know am, na just to avoid am na.. Did u read nobody response....
There's a saying, when a craze takes ur towel and runs with it, u don't run after him, else u look insane... My two cents. ✌️

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingxway: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ifedith:

Fake phone... grin grin grin.
Some resellers exist.
I barely think there's fake...
Refurbished yeah, but not the 2018 models. I don't think there's refurbished for those yet.
Ok thanks

Would have bought some from you but we far from each other and you don't have agents in Ghana

I have to buy from them because it is easier

Easier than buying online
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
henry007:

Well everyone knows about the attitude on here.
Actually that's what the cabal members on this thread have in common i.e varying intensity of attitude problems, which is why they would jump in his defense.
I haven't read through but i bet some tried to invalidate your issue with the purchase you made. You would even see a couple of testimonies about said seller to make you look like you're the one at fault. LOL
They would be angry when they see this and have to hold themselves back from replying or quoting me. I would be asleep by then. grin
It is well.

Well observed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stinville(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
macbeyland:
UPDATE! UPDATE!!

The following phones are currently available for instant pickups

All phone purchased come with the following Freebies:

2 Tempered glass
1 360 degree case
*1 earpiece
*1 EU adapter
*1 phone stand
*1 32gb Mixza memory card for redmi note 5- 64g and 16gb memory card for xiaomi redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus 64gb/32gb

YOU CAN NOW PURCHASE 360 DEGREE CASE AND TEMPERED GLASS FOR REDMI NOTE 5, MINIMUM OF 2PCS and buyer pays delivery cost.

*From next week, you will have the option of getting xiaomi mi band 3 @ 11k if you buy a mobile phone.

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 black (69k)

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 64gb black, global version from factory (80k)

3 pieces of gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 64 gb global version from factory (79k)

1 piece of Xiaomi redmi note 5 gold color, global version from factory (68k)

2 pieces of xiaomi redmi 5 plus 32gb global version black available @60k

Call now on 08062907289 to book yours.

Both global version and global rom installed available

Face to face delivery for those in Port Harcourt, Delivery to Lagos, Abuja, Akure, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Agbor, Bayelsa within 24 hours.

************************************************[/b]
AliExpress Deals Available

Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3/32gb 54k
Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 4/64gb 62k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 3/32gb 63k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb 73k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 3/32gb 61k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 4/64gb 69k
Xiaomi mi 8 SE 4/64gb 120k
Xiaomi mi 6x 4/64gb 100k

2-3 weeks delivery time

Call or watsapp on 08062907289 to book yours.
How much is the 360 case?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kingxway:
Ok thanks

Would have bought some from you but we far from each other and you don't have agents in Ghana

I have to buy from them because it is easier

Easier than buying online
No wahala bro. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
lanre316:
I have a weird question:

Is it me or does the screen display quality (not ppi resolution o) of Redmi Note 4X is better than Redmi 5 Plus? I didn't notice until I held both side by side. RN4X seems to be of more quality, like Samsung AMOLED screen, while R5P screen look like good infinix phone screen, not as good as RN4X in quality. Note: I set both phones contrast level to be the same.

Is it just me?
The same theme, and yes the ppi affects
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

lollllll, I laugh when people think one can just open a dispute on alixpress if some things go wrong. I personally doubt Noobody will win that dispute as na custom ish and Ali has zero tolerance for that.

That's a massive loss 31*4, over 120k.

Nor let fear catch me ohhh, is it 4 phones of Noobody that is with customs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
noobody:

Mr know it all,please what exactly should i av done again,asides pleading,apologising and begging for the discomfort,got him a replacment unit,what more could a customer focused seller/business could have done please?
Pls can you share few more tricks and tips as regards which this issue could hav been better resolved and improve this business,its best you share it,rather than keep throwing shades and subs about,

This is the exact problem with nigerians,everyone seems to know what the problem is and all dey do is keep ranting,no one knows what the solution is or wants to share it.

Everyone here has either contributed positively or drop constrictive critiscisms,but everything with you has to do with insults,abuse,competition,i honestly tot you had changed for the better,and i expected more from you.

Well its you of course,i am rather not shocked nor dissapointed,it is in situations like this you shine best.

Noobody we may not know where d shoe pitches u, if really you're paying that customs charge dat will be hash on u, but just take it easy

I'm glad the buyer got his phone every other issue is secondary, but u bearing that loss alone is painful

Is dey anyway u can avoid paying that customs charge 31k not a joke
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by unite4real: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

If indeed they will return the item after a month, I believe he should allow them so he can open dispute and be fully refunded but my problem be say shey dem go return am? Na naija we dey o.

The dispute may not be won by him. On the terms and condition, he is meant to pay local duties once the item arrives if any. But since he refused to pay and the item is returned, I am not confident he can win such dispute. Remember it takes some cost to even return it which is not by him. Eventually he may not get all his money. I am not an expert here but I will advise he does all he can to grab his phone even if na to settle someone 5k. The time is taken too long for resolutions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please guys, how do I check the ram usage on my Redmi Note 5? I'm only seeing the running apps when I press that minimize button
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
unite4real:

The dispute may not be won by him. On the terms and condition, he is meant to pay local duties once the item arrives if any. But since he refused to pay and the item is returned, I am not confident he can win such dispute. Remember it takes some cost to even return it which is not by him. Eventually he may not get all his money. I am not an expert here but I will advise he does all he can to grab his phone even if na to settle someone 5k. The time is taken too long for resolutions

You have a point, alixpress is very harsh on anything related to custom issues and will definitely side the seller. Very unfortunate that he has to pay 10k to collect that phone from PO. As it is nobody is safe from this custom ish as it is pretty random. Just place your order and have an open mind that anything can happen, that's the way going forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
stinville:

How much is the 360 case?

1600 per piece. Tempered glass is 850 naira for the full cover, nylon printed tempered glass.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You have a point, alixpress is very harsh on anything related to custom issues and will definitely side the seller. Very unfortunate that he has to pay 10k to collect that phone from PO. As it is nobody is safe from this custom ish as it is pretty random. Just place your order and have an open mind that anything can happen, that's the way going forward.

2 of my orders were charged. I paid 16k+ for each of them and ended up still selling them at normal price thereby suffering a terrible loss.

If I say they should purchase from sellers here, instead of going directly to aliexpress, I might be accused of speaking sentimentally because I'm a seller.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ifedith:

grin grin grin... Ok no problem... But as una know am, na just to avoid am na.. Did u read nobody response....
There's a saying, when a craze takes ur towel and runs with it, u don't run after him, else u look insane... My two cents. ✌️

You are strong willed sha. The average NLander would have easily fallen for the "You don't know the genesis, he's always igniting fight"

Meanwhile, you should start agreeing with THE cabal before they disown you grin

Update: Just saw the post under mine. E don happen shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ifedith:

I don't know the genesis o... True. But this attitude is wrong. No offence sad
Why do I think you're trying to discredit Noobody to your own advantage??

I don't want to quote that uńfortunatě Crapno and Infinxi marketer because his own is a personal vendatta but yours seems a very bad tactic and ulterior motive.

Can I ask you to highlight that "attitude" in the post you quoted?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulstrings(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
justinguru:

I have one arriving from Amazon next week ...i can sell it to you...i want to get the 4gig 64gig version

Sorry, I already have the 4gig 64gig version already.
Jumia did it grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
macbeyland:

2 of my orders were charged. I paid 16k+ for each of them and ended up still selling them at normal price thereby suffering a terrible loss.

If I say they should purchase from sellers here, instead of going directly to aliexpress, I might be accused of speaking sentimentally because I'm a seller.

Na wa o, this una biz sha. Well anybody that is willing to order from alixpress should be ready to face the consequences if the issue of custom arises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orenzi: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
lanre316:
I have a weird question:

Is it me or does the screen display quality (not ppi resolution o) of Redmi Note 4X is better than Redmi 5 Plus? I didn't notice until I held both side by side. RN4X seems to be of more quality, like Samsung AMOLED screen, while R5P screen look like good infinix phone screen, not as good as RN4X in quality. Note: I set both phones contrast level to be the same.

Is it just me?
Yes you're very right.....even the Global Redmi Note 5 screen too is not as sharp as the RN4X....the chinese Redmi Note 5 screen is very sharp and bright compare to global variant though

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
spartacus11:

Nor let fear catch me ohhh, is it 4 phones of Noobody that is with customs?

You're now getting the real koko abi? Now multiply by 4 and add the money he used in getting the new phone.

Sometimes we need to be humans first.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
GrandMufti:

You're now getting the real koko abi? Now multiply by 4 and add the money he used in getting the new phone.

Sometimes we need to be humans first.

Don't mind us in this country, most of us are hypocrites. I wonder how most people here would react if they were in the shoes of the seller, it is easy for people to pass judgement if they are not faced with the situation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by unite4real: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Can't even wrap my head around that ridiculous charge of 31k on a phone.

This was why I was so jittery when I ordered a oneplus 6 phone of over 200k via noobody. But the guy kept my cool all the way. Phone took just 9 days and it's not DHL. Eventually I paid just 500 naira to nipost. A few times business can go wrong with expectations. Me I was actually ready to face every consequence b cos noobody is not the courier or customs. If only we know the losses some of the sellers go through. I even had a Redmi 5 plus ordered through noobody a week before the oneplus but that was DHL express shipping. There was problems with DHL just same way the complainant had. Noobody sent me another tracking number and I kept tracking and phone arrived 4 days from the day of new tracking.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
orenzi:

Yes you're very right.....even the Global Redmi Note 5 screen too is not as sharp as the RN4X....the chinese Redmi Note 5 screen is very sharp and bright compare to global variant though

I suspect as much. They probably used less quality screen for global R5P and RN5 to save costs.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
henry007:

You are strong willed sha. The average NLander would have easily fallen for the "You don't know the genesis, he's always igniting fight"

Meanwhile, you should start agreeing with THE cabal before they disown you grin

Update: Just saw the post under mine. E don happen shocked
grin grin grin.... No be small e don happen... No worry, it's all for the benefit of all... We disagree to agree. If there's a cabal, i don't know about it, I'm only saying it as i see am. I no sabi talk from both sides of the mouth. Nevertheless make we fashi this matter, it aff do... smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
hardeycute:
Why do I think you're trying to discredit Noobody to your own advantage??

I don't want to quote that uńfortunatě Crapno and Infinxi marketer because his own is a personal vendatta but yours seems a very bad tactic and ulterior motive.

Can I ask you to highlight that "attitude" in the post you quoted?
Read all my response on this issue and take a stand then read my comment on there goes the attitude... If anything, u do realize guests come in here ryt, do u know they're gonna see his response? , if he should do punch for punch... I guess u don't need any prophet whose image would be sulled. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlahwaley(m): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
macbeyland:

1600 per piece. Tempered glass is 850 naira for the full cover, nylon printed tempered glass.
how can i get the glass for redmi5pmus shipped down to. osogbo, osun state
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Don't mind us in this country, most of us are hypocrites. I wonder how most people here would react if they were in the shoes of the seller, it is easy for people to pass judgement if they are not faced with the situation.

Na so na. Thank God he has the phone now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by swagifted(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
macbeyland:

e no better make person just wait til
e enter jumia?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
henry007:

I'm sure you've not said anything new in that write up that seemed related to my "subpar" knowledge of Xiaomi products. This is all i have to say to you concerning your attitude in business. I'm not your customer so you CAN(optional) be rude to me whether banter, play or real BUT be nice(not optional) to your customers, you CANNOT play or banter with them coz they're putting food on the table. This is a simple concept you should always have at the back of your mind.

Even a know-it-all in the tech space is nothing out of the ordinary and surely less likely to cause sleepless nights than a flippant salesman in pay-before-delivery business.

Update:

Which insult/abuse is that? I don't do insults. shocked

Guy man. Gentle

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
adamix:

He should go back to unboxing his trashno and trashfinix and leave matters he knows nothing about.
cry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
seyema:
That's the problem with mini importation business. I'm happy he got his phone at last because even if it's me, I might do worse than he did. No way I will be promised 7days guarantee express delivery and I didn't get it till like 15 days that I won't be mad at whoever makes such promises. No one should ever pray to get into those custom ish but ours sellers here should always prepare for them because they are REAL! They exist!

Until xiaomi have physical shop here or if our sellers have those phones with them and sell to whoever can afford it, then issues like this will continue to exist.

I hope both of them settle matter amicably
Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) (3252) (3253) (3254) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.