Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202964 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3922) (3923) (3924) (3925) (3926) (3927) (3928) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Goahead(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
toys2seven:

Lol... Isn't it the same update? How does it look better please? Ok o ... I agree it looks better... If that'll make you feel better. grin
No mind me jare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
Updated Price List
Express Delivery(7 working days sharp or less) with freebies: 2 tempered glasses,1 silicone case,1 EU plug adapter.......
REDMI SERIES
Redmi note 5 ai :3/32gb 63k..... cool
Redmi Note 5 ai : 4/64gb:76k.............................
Redmi Note ai : 6/64gb 90k very hot and freshed.............
Redmi 5plus: 3/32gb 59k......
Redmi 5plus: 4/64g 69k...........
Redmi 6 pro 3/32gb 65k........
Redmi 6 pro 4/64gb 76k.....................................
Redmi 5 2/16gb 49k........
Redmi 5 3/32gb 55k.......
MI MAX SERIES
Mi Max 2: 4/64g 80k (battery king)....
Mi Max 2: 4/128gb 98k........
MI NOTE & MI MIX SERIES
Mi 8 SE: 6/64gb:127k...
Mi 8 SE: 4/64gb: 117k....
Mi 6x 4/64gb: 100k...
Mi 6x 6/128gb: 121k........
Mi 8 : 159k..........
Mi 8 EE: 252k..
Mi Note 3: 4/64g 108k
Mi Note 3: 6/6/64g 113k
Mi Note 3: 6/128gb 124k
Mi mix 2S 192k......
Black shark :181k...

Mi Band 3: 12k....

OnePlus
Oneplus 6: 6/64 187k...
Oneplus 6: 8/128gb 218k
Oneplus 6:8/256gb 245k.........

AliExpress DEALS!!!(3-4 weeks delivery) with FREEBIES INCLUDED!!!

REDMI SERIES
NOTE 4 GLOBAL VERSION: 3/32gb 50k..
NOTE 4: 4/64gb(global version) 65000
Mi A1 4/64gb: 65k
Mi A1 4/32gb:55k.....
Mi a2 lite 3/32gb 60k
Mi a2 lite 4/32gb 62500
Mi a2 4/64gb 85k(free mi band 3)
Mi a2 4/32gb 79k(free mi band 3)
Redmi Note 5A: 2/16gb 35k
Redmi Note 5A: 3/32gb 48k
Redmi 5A: 2/16gb 34500
Redmi 5 2/16gb: 42k.
Redmi 5 3/32gb: 48k
Redmi 5 plus: 3/32gb 52k
Redmi S2 global version 3/3gb:52k..
Redmi S2 Global version 4/64gb:60k
Redmi 5 plus: 4/64g 60k(global version)....
Mi 8 SE 4/64gb 105k
Mi 8 SE 6/64gb 116k
Mi 8 6/64gb 144k
Redmi note 5 ai :3/32gb:58k(Global version)
Redmi Note ai : 4/64gb (global version)67k,global rom installed,63k
Redmi Note 5 ai : 6/64g 76k.....
Redmi 6pro 3/32gb:58k
Redmi 6pro 4/64gb:68k

MI MAX SERIES
MI MAX 2: 73k.....

Mi MAX 3: 94k.....

poco f1 6/64gb:125.5k

Oneplus 6: 189k(with freebies,1 earphone,1 case,1 tempered glass,1 uk plug adapter)

MI BAND 3: 10kKk.…..............

kindly take note,Aliexpress deals takes 3-4 weeks for delivery.
call/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319
Contacts also on signature to get urs now!!!!

Kindly note prices are subject to flutuations,this prices are not the final prices,once you contact us,we confirm the current price for any product you have interest in................
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
bigtt76:
Well that's why the duty to be paid is high but who says you can't buy insurance on a goods declared as gift? Does it mean that once its a gift, it can get lost and the courier not under any obligation to deliver it safely? NO ....they owe you that service!

Point of correction, once it's declared as gift there's no more obligation on the part of the courier to replace your item if it goes missing or get damaged in transit. One can't really trust those boys at the docks you know.

Or do you really want to find out the hard way?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2018
Maxcoded:

I play Asphalt 9 flawlessly on my redmi 6 pro and it runs smoothly; and thats an SD 625 processor. It should run on your redmi note 6 pro flawlessly also with that SD 636

By the way, using third party themes will slow down system functionality. This is from my own personal experience with third party themes; this iOS theme in particular sef.

I had to revert back to the default theme.

shocked Hearing the bolded for the first time in all my years of using MIUI, both ported to other OEM device or Xiaomi phone for that matter.

That's a fallacy btw
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bosssylva(m): 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
dmola:

does any1 ave Ntel wawu sim for sell?
Call me I have wawu ntel sim for sale 08032112801
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leksymaxy(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
Pls where can o get oppo realme 2 pro,which site can i get it from, and pls if any seller on nairaland can get it for me,pls signify and quote me or message me on 08105543265.i need the fone urgently.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
2kurupt:

shocked Hearing the bolded for the first time in all my years of using MIUI, both ported to other OEM device or Xiaomi phone for that matter.

That's a fallacy btw

It's what I have experienced myself.... I didn't just say that based on what I read online.

Monitor your Activities closely and you will notice it..

Most times when I use third party themes, the memory allocated to the apps on the multi tasking window always increase as compared to what will be allocated when using the default theme. And as you know, as you consume more RAM, you have the tendency of your phone slowing down a lil bit.

Not just that, I also noticed that my wallpaper carousel does not work when using a third party theme. It will just be stagnant with the default one I used without changing like the normal wallpaper carousel algorithm.

Those are the two I can remember for now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
abumeinben:

cheesy
Thanks bruh. I know about that post from an India guy or so ...but e nor work o...like map decides when to function. I'm sure suspecting this Xiaomi thing of suppressing Google products

Wow shocked. You mean you did all the suggestions in that post and it still didn't work? shocked.

And why would xiaomi try to suppress Google products on Android (which is developed by Google)? I am curiously curious about that suggestion.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Goahead(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
I don't know how many we are here, but those who are still using Redmi note 4 should definitely go ahead and update their devices.

Xiaomi fine-tuned this upgrade to acceptable perfection.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
Maxcoded:

It's what I have experienced myself.... I didn't just say that based on what I read online.

Monitor your Activities closely and you will notice it..

Most times when I use third party themes, the memory allocated to the apps on the multi tasking window always increase as compared to what will be allocated when using the default theme. And as you know, as you consume more RAM, you have the tendency of your phone slowing down a lil bit.

Not just that, I also noticed that my wallpaper carousel does not work when using a third party theme. It will just be stagnant with the default one I used without changing like the normal wallpaper carousel algorithm.

Those are the two I can remember for now
Hmm, I get the angle you're coming from. Default themes are snappy no doubt. Personally I attribute their snappiness to their lightweight nature. Try a third-party theme that is light weight (usually the ones marked lite) and you'll notice there is no difference in responsiveness when compared to default themes.

Your point on RAM usage is actually the opposite, at least on Android. The more apps your phone keeps in memory, the faster it will take to load them. This I believe is why OEMs keep increasing the RAM sizes to accommodate even more preloaded apps. With the inclusion of AI the system should be able to predict your usage patterns and keep your commonly used apps in memory.

If you're in the habit of clearing your RAM, just chill & let the system do the cleaning and you'll notice the difference.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
Goahead:
I don't know how many we are here, but those who are still using Redmi note 4 should definitely go ahead and update their devices.

Quite impressive cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
2kurupt:

Hmm, I get the angle you're coming from. Default themes are snappy no doubt. Personally I attribute their snappiness to their lightweight nature. Try a third-party theme that is light weight (usually the ones marked lite) and you'll notice there is no difference in responsiveness when compared to default themes.

Your point on RAM usage is actually the opposite, at least on Android. The more apps your phone keeps in memory, the faster it will take to load them. This I believe is why OEMs keep increasing the RAM sizes to accommodate even more preloaded apps. With the inclusion of AI the system should be able to predict your usage patterns and keep your commonly used apps in memory.

If you're in the habit of clearing your RAM, just chill & let the system do the cleaning and you'll notice the difference.

AI app usage(RAM) is kinda new, my last Xiaomi doesn't do such(MIUI 9), I had to be clearing my memory every now and then to increase phone speed a little.

But as for your opinion on the AI RAM management, I think I have notice that on my recent Xiaomi upgrade
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
Mckandre:
hope ure aware that note 6 pro utilises P2i nano-coating to make the body splash resistant. well i rest my case here, i no too like much argument. forewarned is forearmed.
from reviews i have watched on youtube note 6pro has better screen than note 5

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:22pm On Nov 22, 2018
Maxcoded:

AI app usage(RAM) is kinda new, my last Xiaomi doesn't do such(MIUI 9), I had to be clearing my memory every now and then to increase phone speed a little.

But as for your opinion on the AI RAM management, I think I have notice that on my recent Xiaomi upgrade

On older Xiaomi devices RAM management really sucked sha, with MIUI dragging resources with your apps grin

Xiaomi has really come a long way but they still need to optimise these devices more.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fadedvoiced: 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
queenfav:
Customs just billed me N8250 on Redmi note 5.The seller declared $40 as the value. Well, i am never ordering a phone or anything of value on aliexpress again. It makes no sense to wait for 3 weeks, then you are made to pay heavy duties on the item. It's better i buy from Jumia from henceforth. I am so pissed right now.
My advise to anyone planning to order, just save yourself the stress and buy from the nairaland guys or jumia. With customs slapping random fees on phones, it's not just worth the wait! Anyways, na life lesson.

I think people should learn to drop reviews on aliexpress about custom duties, that way others can decide if they still want to take the risk and order.

From m6 to S8 .. from S8 to xiaomi note 5 within a year

The funny thing is Nigerians(including you) will still be complaining that Buhari has brought hardship to Nigeria

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fadedvoiced: 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
queenfav:
lolz.. I hear o. Lemme go and be nice to Oga, weda e go dash me money today.

Lemme show this to my Ghanaian friend hoping to marry his Igbo fiancé in Nigeria next year.

They'll have their own money but will be waiting for oga

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kurt09(m): 12:09am On Nov 23, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

From m6 to S8 .. from S8 to xiaomi note 5 within a year

The funny thing is Nigerians(including you) will still be complaining that Buhari has brought hardship to Nigeria
How old are you?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 12:17am On Nov 23, 2018
nwaobitex:
Pls how do I stop this beautification of my pics when I use portrait mode in the rear camera
RN5
edit the picture taken
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jackossky(m): 12:27am On Nov 23, 2018
please, how can I get portrait mode on my redmi 5 plus without having to tweak the phone. I ain't scared of tweaking, I'm scared of losing the warrantee
E joor ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 12:33am On Nov 23, 2018
queenfav:
Customs just billed me N8250 on Redmi note 5.The seller declared $40 as the value. Well, i am never ordering a phone or anything of value on aliexpress again. It makes no sense to wait for 3 weeks, then you are made to pay heavy duties on the item. It's better i buy from Jumia from henceforth. I am so pissed right now.
My advise to anyone planning to order, just save yourself the stress and buy from the nairaland guys or jumia. With customs slapping random fees on phones, it's not just worth the wait! Anyways, na life lesson.

I think people should learn to drop reviews on aliexpress about custom duties, that way others can decide if they still want to take the risk and order.
i don't get it.
Is it the post office people that billed you, or how did customs come into the matter?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 12:34am On Nov 23, 2018
Redmi note 6 pro users...
Does this device have the USB on-the-go?
Gsmarena didn't mention it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vitmax(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2018
Please is mi mix 3 now available
Nobody is talking about the phone!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ogunholla(m): 1:15am On Nov 23, 2018
macbeyland:

Xiaomi mi band 3 available @ 10k per piece.

[/b]
What's the last price for the Mi band 3 and where is your location sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 1:16am On Nov 23, 2018
vitmax:
Please is mi mix 3 now available
Nobody is talking about the phone!
Protein0 has one available

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nltaliban(m): 1:57am On Nov 23, 2018
UniosunBoy:
How much did you get yours and where. I need Redmi note 5 or Note 6 3gb version.

From macbeyland
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 2:30am On Nov 23, 2018
Goahead:

Ion get what you tryna say please?

What MIUI version are you on?
Cause I cant reallt see any change.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 2:32am On Nov 23, 2018
hausadreturn:
i don't get it.
Is it the post office people that billed you, or how did customs come into the matter?

I'm also confused o. I don't pay up to such fees whehn I receive phones ordered from Aliexpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 2:39am On Nov 23, 2018
Topshow4real:

But it's a new phone,,, I tried downloading again now, same message after downloading to 100% . Downloading from web? I don't know how to go about it, I'm not used to updating os, this is the first time I'll be updating my phone . . Is it even neccesary I update it?

What model of Xiaomi?

totally close the app and the restart it, make sure your internet is great. Then proceed with the download.

As long as youre downloading via the official update app, you're not really supposed to face this issue though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Topshow4real: 3:04am On Nov 23, 2018
Mrcalxy:

What model of Xiaomi?

totally close the app and the restart it, make sure your internet is great. Then proceed with the download.

As long as youre downloading via the official update app, you're not really supposed to face this issue though

Yeah, I was able to download it successfully after updating download manager and some system apps. But I didn't notice any difference between the version 9 and v10. May it's because I'm new to system updating. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:12am On Nov 23, 2018
Mrcalxy:

I'm also confused o. I don't pay up to such fees whehn I receive phones ordered from Aliexpress

If your item is intercepted by customs you are certainly going to pay for customs clearance

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 3:16am On Nov 23, 2018
Gptech:

Blike to flash rom just dey sweet u abi? When b d first time u flash rom sef? grin. Imagine taking your phone from one kind interior part a town to another, and spend the whole day, plus cash, plus d stress, just to flash your phone shocked. Andy who say bugs nr dey?

Lol. Thats why I do it myself. No issues... Hehe

It's all based on user preference sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 3:19am On Nov 23, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

What is correlation? smiley

Buona domanda

(1) (2) (3) ... (3922) (3923) (3924) (3925) (3926) (3927) (3928) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.