Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9221214 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4292) (4293) (4294) (4295) (4296) (4297) (4298) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
Gptech:

Wait for Max 4, then pack go stay Ikpoba forest tongue.

Hahahah u know say Xiaomi software gets better with old age. And the phone parts get cheaper with old age too. As i dey buy max 3 i dey buy 2 screen follow am. Except say max4 go give us 6000mah battery den i can jump d queue

If i nor use phone with big screen and big battery waytin i gain.....

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulstrings(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
ayodiya:
Glo 4g now available in redmi4x
I went to the Glo office today and was told that I can't use their 4g cos I don't have Band 28.
I use a Redmi note 5 dual camera phone.
Any advice?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2019
redmi note 7 price ? that phone go too sweet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
paulstrings:

I went to the Glo office today and was told that I can't use their 4g cos I don't have Band 28.
I use a Redmi note 5 dual camera phone.
Any advice?

Glo is testing band 3 in some locations, wait or probably contact 2kurupt for a harvilon MIFI

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
[quote author=spartacus11 post=74816554]

Baba wen money show na to get my max 3 and get iPhone 8plus join dis one, get a Xiaomi power bank. Fvck Nepa be dat[/quote ]

considering Nokia x5,how about d displayed compared with Xiaomi redmi 6 pro FHD display.

which one is better overall Nokia x5 or redmi 6 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DestinyMcCall(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
GrandMufti:

Is your storage almost full?

Download the full rom and update

The storage is almost filled up but I don't think that might be d issue ....pls where can I download d rom from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
toppzzyy:

considering Nokia x5,how about d displayed compared with Xiaomi redmi 6 pro FHD display.

which one is better overall Nokia x5 or redmi 6 pro?

Go for 6pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
genius43:

Glo is testing band 3 in some locations, wait or probably contact 2kurupt for a harvilon MIFI

Na dem sabi, except dey improve
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrsdaniel: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sunymoore:
My superiors! I hail. I'm on my kneels thanking you guys for the advices and recommendations you gave me when I needed your help most.

I finally settled with Redmi note 6 pro, and it's the best thing that happens to me in a while.

Ifedith is the guy that delivered it me on time, he kept me in the loop till I got my order, I highly recommend doing business with him..

Any tips or recommendations regarding my new wife?

Yes he is indeed genuine .. Ordered few accessories after he delivered my phone with lightening speed smiley , all landed today not minding I saw cheaper 3-5k variant specs on Ali experess but am just okay

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Dacronym:
My Experience with Repaipal Ng
I took my RN4 with a Bad Screen to replace at Repair pal @ikeja My Experience so far has been a total Dissapointment.
They Changed the screen and two black dots appeared at the Top. The Capacitive Touch buttons stop Lighting up and the engineer said it is because the screen is not Follow come only follow come can light up.
The Next day after repair the screen stopped responding to touch. I took it there they gave some yeye reason "fixed" it and gave me back
After that it still occasionally doesn't respond to touch
I also Noticed that my Power and Volume buttons No longer work i Open the screen with Fingerprint only and Lock it by holding down the Home Button.
Another thing I noticed dirt and particles easily go under the screen, as i type now there are visible particles of dust beneath my screen
Their Engr promised to change it if the black dots left assuring me it would disappear thw next day. But look now 1 week after it's still there i can't be going to Ikeja anyhow cos Of time and transport i also use my phone to Work 24/7

My question is this those that have Changed their Redmi Screens did you experience this same things mentioned above

Will first want to acknowledge that we are not above mistakes. At my last count we have serviced SEVERAL (PROBABLY OVER 100) Xiaomi users from Nairaland alone. It is funny how people are quick to castigate you when things go wrong but FAIL TO APPLAUD YOU WHEN THINGS ARE RIGHT (guess that how life is generally). We maintain that MOST NAIRALAND USERS ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR SERVICE ( and we would really love those who we have done repairs for and are satisfied to indicate this)

Now to this particular case....

This is a NOTE 4X and I believe this phone has been in use for quite sometime. This particular person eventually brought back the phone a second time and the power/volume button has been fixed. Would have appreciate if he had contacted us first however... Points to note:

1. The power/volume buttons were ALREADY WEAK WHEN THE CLIENT BROUGHT THE PHONE ( he has been using it I presume for over a year)
2. On the screen issue, YOU WON'T FIND ANY VENDOR SELLING EXACT XIAOMI SCREENS THAT CAME WITH YOUR PHONE (WHAT IS USUALLY CALLED FOLLOW COME). IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE INFERIOR LIKE SOMEONE INFERRED. GORILLA GLASS AND OTHER LIKE TECHNOLOGIES CANNOT BE REPLICATED ON TOUCH DIGITIZERS ON 3RD PARTY REPLACEMENT SCREENS...
It doesn't mean THEY ARE INFERIOR/FAKE. Few times, we get bad screens from our suppliers or screens that malfunctions after sometimes but we usually try to rectify all such cases.
3. When this user brought the phone however, WE WERE UNABLE TO REPLICATE THE SCREEN ISSUE HE COMPLAINED ABOUT ON OUR END ( WE HOPE IT REMAINS THIS WAY)

THANKS TO ALL XIAOMI USERS FOR THEIR PATRONAGE...

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Jamb reg.... Its nor my phone sha
You stay at ayobo!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexerking(m): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
donprosper6:
redmi note 7 price ?
that phone go too sweet.
around 73-74k on aliexpress excluding shipping for the 3gb/32gb version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
SOT grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
spartacus11:

Baba u see y i dey shout magic, me self fear ohhh, i never even expected dis to be sincere, yesterday self na 10hrs SOT. For a 47k phone. i swear Nokia make mistake

Na to just get Max 3 and iPhone 8plus join dis device I'm dome for phone be dat.

So Helio P60 is better than Sd636 when it comes to battery efficiency?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
ayethecreator:

Same with mine. sometimes no notification tone. sometimes no pop up. I've gone to notification setting, I've uninstalled the app, I've done factory reset. it's annoying
Settings>>> installed app
Select the specific app and click notifications.
You'll be able to set to ur taste kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
Mix 3,passes durability test from jerry rig grin

Mk i go unbox one abeg cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
noobody:
Mix 3,passes durability test from jerry rig grin

Mk i go unbox one abeg cool
We are waiting grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
Who is ready? SD 675

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
henry007:

So Helio P60 is better than Sd636 when it comes to battery efficiency?

Check here P60 vs 636 performance based on how it was used on Nokia

Nokia 6.1 plus runs on Sd 636

https://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_5_1_plus-review-1832p4.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
spartacus11:

Go for 6pro
tnx

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Brooke60(f): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hello guys, please my front camera is white. I have tried all the settings and its still the same.

It's Redmi 5+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyetboy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
ayodiya:
Glo 4g now available in redmi4x
Location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
daamazing:
You stay at ayobo!
yes ooo..u nko
that means u know newocean....u dey work there?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
Goldway store offered me redmi note 7 for $195 with fast charger.. should I go for it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
IKON360:

leave that my guy, na bush man im be.

Yes you can, but which course are you aiming for? Law?
lemme jejely goan meet naijatechguy in uniben,architecture
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olak4gold(m): 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thank you noobody, I appreciate your sincerity and dedication to providing a better service delivery. More power to your elbow...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RealBadBoy: 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hello guys... Can anyone recommend a very sleek and handy phone. I don't want a big phone because I already have a tab. Like 5inches or 5.5inches screen at most. It must have

1. 3gb ram or more
2. Good camera
3. Must be very light & sleek & handy
4. Good battery

Budget: 70 - 100k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
flexerking:
around 73-74k on aliexpress excluding shipping for the 3gb/32gb version
and over 90k for the 4gb/64gb variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
lemme jejely goan meet naijatechguy in uniben,architecture
uniben isn't bad too, I heard there school fees are very pocket friendly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sunkyphil:
wat could be wrong my r5plus no longer shows pop up notifications for some apps again except for only whatsapp
check, you blocked those apps from using background data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
awesome99:
check, you blocked those apps from using background data
will check dat too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
RealBadBoy:
Hello guys... Can anyone recommend a very sleek and handy phone. I don't want a big phone because I already have a tab. Like 5inches or 5.5inches screen at most. It must have

1. 3gb ram or more
2. Good camera
3. Must be very light & sleek & handy
4. Good battery

Budget: 70 - 100k
070three1080two87
Let's brainstorm over it. We can settle for something ur ok with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4292) (4293) (4294) (4295) (4296) (4297) (4298) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chatom143 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.