Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9368478 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) ... (9325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2019
emitheo:
This is the newest method to unlock your xiaomi device bootloader to enable you flash custom or stock roms, grant root acess, tweak the UI, etc.

100% working. Follow the steps accordinly.
This method is simplified. No more waiting days and weeks to receive unlock permission.
Follow the steps diligently.
1 minute plus video. Not lengthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_xv_UhYGc

Ummm, thanks but that's not a new method. It's the same method with a song in the bg.
kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2019
genius43:

Mix-up your phone number with alphabets when dropping them, or use dots to space them

I feel like I'm immune so I'll keep tempting fate. Maybe it's like a superpower I'm discovering...

They'll call me "No-ban Guy" or "Mr No-ban"
cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2019
Is my phone global version or Chinese version

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ddaaxce: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2019
xpensivealex:
Chinese version but u can update to the global rom if it comes with the chinese version. It will convert the phone to the global version

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2019
emitheo:
This is the newest method to unlock your xiaomi device bootloader to enable you flash custom or stock roms, grant root acess, tweak the UI, etc.

This method is simplified. No more waiting days and weeks to receive unlock permission.

Nice video but too fast o

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2019
Prince202020:

It can use lyrics from Musixmatch player.
Nothing has changed after updating

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2019
Messymelly1:

Mine doesn't display lyrics like this lemme go update

You'll need a lyrics plugin; either of Musixmatch or Genius will do just fine, but I'd recommend Musixmatch; it's a lot better.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:11am On Jun 10, 2019
donprosper6:

How can I get miui 10 on my redmi 6 pro?
If you've not gotten the update, you'll have to wait till you get it and hope you've not tinkered or touched anything bootloader or rooted your phone?
Quote me later cos am very busy now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2019
ddaaxce:

Chinese version but u can update to the global rom if it comes with the chinese version. It will convert the phone to the global version
Don't follow that advice, you will hard brick your phone forever.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2019
Mustiboy:

You'll need a lyrics plugin; either of Musixmatch or Genius will do just fine, but I'd recommend Musixmatch; it's a lot better.
I have Musixmatch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ddaaxce: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2019
1000angstroms:

Don't follow that advice, you will hard brick your phone forever.
I use a Chinese redmi note 4x with global rom on my phone. You will only hard brick it when you don't do it properly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2019
emitheo:

Says who? Even the video said one has to wait until after xx hours according to the prompt on mi unlock tool before one can try to unlock successfully.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2019
ddaaxce:

I use a Chinese redmi note 4x with global rom on my phone. You will only hard brick it when you don't do it properly
Most of these our guys are not tech savvy and will surely mess up in the process, older models might work but recent xiaomi models have strict protection. You can read it up in their forums.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2019
anonymousey:

Do you have with USB type C cable? Where are you in Lagos?
Boss, nope. We've discussed on WhatsApp I guessed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2019
wiconse:
I don't really understand d benefit of unlocking boatloader
if your phone happens to suffer softbrick, you can get it back working if your bootloader is unlocked. If your bootloader is locked and you brick your phone, it's usually goodbye to the phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2019
elantraceey:

sad You're in PH right ? I might visit anytime next month , hope I can contact if I've still not gotten the update then?
You're always welcome. Just chat me up whenever you are in town... Mainly weekends cos of work.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Man is a beast on clay, Roland Garros done and dusted.
I love Nadal. His resilience is usually inspiring.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2019
xpensivealex:

It's Chinese version. Mine Chinese version but came with Global ROM and an unlocked bootloader.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2019
macbeyland:
if your phone happens to suffer softbrick, you can get it back working if your bootloader is unlocked. If your bootloader is locked and you brick your phone, it's usually goodbye to the phone.
What's d cause of bricking ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2019
lordchiz:

What's d cause of bricking ?
There can be so many causes but for this one on some note 5 users we have no theory of what is the cause or what was common to all of them before they updated.

But you don't have to worry yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blackiridis(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2019
genius43:

It's Chinese version. Mine Chinese version but came with Global ROM and an unlocked bootloader.
same here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Redmi Note 5 users whose phones got bricked, this seems to be the only solution so far as seen in MI community

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Messymelly1:

I have Musixmatch
then go to the settings of Poweramp and do this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gideonak: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2019
Used RN5 3gb/32gb for sale....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2019
blackiridis:

same here

If the problem was only peculiar to CN version with Global ROM it would have been a scary thing but now that Global Version people are also affected is a different ball game

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Archangels2(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2019
youngcizza:

you're using a custom font i guess??

Yes I am but should it affect d wallpaper or lockscreen?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingxway: 9:45am On Jun 10, 2019
genius43:

Hope it is not a generic powerbank, do well by posting the make and possibly pictures.
Ohk bro. Haven't bought one yet. Please which one would you recommend?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2019
macbeyland:

I love Nadal. His resilience is usually inspiring.

Djokovic is a man after my heart and i also respect Federer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by youngcizza(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2019
Archangels2:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by youngcizza(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2019
Archangels2:

that's what i don't know...
but it happened to me also, anytime am using a custom font my themes always revert back to default
had to just settle with the fonts provided by miui...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinis09: 10:09am On Jun 10, 2019
macbeyland:
good bye For lock bootloader? grin grin

When EDL mode dey undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) ... (9325) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.