Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9172946 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 12, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

They should. If you are using Redmi Note 7 then go to "Notification and Status Bar" settings then toggle battery indicator to percentage.

I use Redmi 7 and they are not changing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2019
Tiger2020:
i don't think its about Nigeria,more about Taiwan

Taiwan had mostly had a dedicated version. Now instead making different Global Versions, why not make one that covers most if not all the region's, well apart from India.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meklex(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2019
Tiger2020:
you should have asked them if they are bringing another ones
I wasn't expecting to wait for them o. I have even changed my mind, I will wait for Mi 9t price to fall more

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2019
Tiger2020:
is it hands free

If it is in the context of been able to answer/end calls as well as change music, yes. Though it uses a single button for everything.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2019
proffnico:
I still don't understand what's so special about the glo band 28.
band 28 is mainly the glo 4g network frequency just like band 3 is for mtn,airtel and etisalat and glo has the biggest data package,so people want that band 28 in their device so as to successfully use glo network for their browsing

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:41am On Aug 12, 2019
Tiger2020:
band 28 is mainly the glo 4g network frequency just like band 3 is for mtn,airtel and etisalat and glo has the biggest data package,so people want that band 28 in their device so as to successfully use glo network for their browsing
That terrible network...

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexispy: 11:56am On Aug 12, 2019
Some devices use power delivery (pd) instead of quick charge
BeardedTraveler:

What's PD though?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2019
mathefaro:
it's actually not a case of intimidation. I handle a RN7 almost everyday so I know I'm not really missing anything. It's just that this RN5 is one of my longest serving Android phone(only the redmi note 2 lasted longer) and it's kind of becoming boring already. My next stop will be either the RN7 pro or Poco

I do get your point especially with the RN5 now looking obsolete design-wise, but the RN7 is not much of a step up with regards to performance and efficiency. I think a worthy upgrade should be the mi 9t.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Manus17(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Good morning.. Please I need redmi Note 5 battery BN45 Urgently. I'm in lagos.. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lukfame(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Good morning.. Please I need a 2A micro usb cord Urgently. I'm in lagos.. Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
mathefaro:
it's actually not a case of intimidation. I handle a RN7 almost everyday so I know I'm not really missing anything. It's just that this RN5 is one of my longest serving Android phone(only the redmi note 2 lasted longer) and it's kind of becoming boring already. My next stop will be either the RN7 pro or Poco
you are not even thinking of k20 or pro,am using RN5 but am thinking of k20pro by December
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ifedith:

That terrible network...
unless your area has bad network reception,i think it has to do with your phone not having that single band 28 because in my area glo is bae

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

Taiwan had mostly had a dedicated version. Now instead making different Global Versions, why not make one that covers most if not all the region's, well apart from India.
i think you are right because the major difference is that band 28,so its better they produce that global version and make it available for both Taiwan and Europe

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Meklex:
I wasn't expecting to wait for them o. I have even changed my mind, I will wait for Mi 9t price to fall more
do they have mi9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

Conclusions you say? I know coz I and a whole bunch of persons I know first hand have been there.

Why should I be beating about the bush when people have been switching to glo or Airtel without modifying their device options and end up having more value for their money? undecided

Usually before people start making this type of complaints they're already frugal with their data usage and wondering why it doesn't last.
And I have heard first hand complaints of people getting short-changed by Airtel. I have even confirmed this personally on their Night plan on a few occasions. They will cut you off a few MB to the exhaustion of your data allocation. Other people have complained about their "double data" zapping. They give you 3GB and you end up being able to use 1.5GB. They might have corrected this, that I cannot confirm, but it was a major issue at one point.

Concerning data usage, I track my usage all the time and MTN has never short-changed me data allocation wise, Never! I always get to use my allocated data.
The exception to this was their Night Plan that gets cut off at exactly 3:30am instead of 4am, even with that, you still get to use your allocated 500MB. The Night plan has been revamped now and it is better albeit more expensive.

I have utilised all the Primary ISP in Nigeria at one time or the other and I dare say MTN has arguably been the most consistent of all.

And please, stop making a generalised statement based off your experience and a few others. MTN is leading the pack for so many reasons.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by officialteemi(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
So i Wipe my data....now,No app is working..once i click on the app It'll bounce back...even playstore.solution please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Does RN7 now support Glo 4g?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

Congratulations bro.

The only advice I have for you is avoid runs. If anybody tell you say come blend or make we enter bush, my guy JAPA! grin

There's always a two side to a coin...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
scotweezy:

How do you guys reach this kinda conclusions sef? undecided

You didn't ask the guy the kind of apps he uses and how long he stays on them?

What about auto sync of the gallery? Shey im untick am?

I use 1GB for 3 days averagely on my device and it's just Whatsapp, Twitter and UCWeb that I use often others I use sparingly. I hardly stream videos with this sub and No Instagram.

How u take use am abeg?
1gb no reach 12hrs here o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

How u take use am abeg?
1gb no reach 12hrs here o
Check your data usage statistics, from there you will get the apps and services utilizing most data.
The way I see it, you will end up needing to use less of some apps to keep your data.

When the network is very good, it's easy to blame the ISP for your usage. grin

There was a time I used Glo back then in Benin, my data lasted very well, but my battery suffer am because the signal was just average at best in my area.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
maclawrence02:

I think macbeyland has one on ground contact him.
Someone please help with Macbeyland details.. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
flexispy:
Some devices use power delivery (pd) instead of quick charge

Ok. Thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
Alchelm7:
if you live around ugbowo,put in your Glo 4g sim(ensure it's 4g activated) then see for yourself
OK, I might be around that axis this weekend Sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
From the stables of Xiaomi phone crew, They will present to you RN8 in collaboration with Mediatek...

How true?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
scotweezy:

And I have heard first hand complaints of people getting short-changed by Airtel. I have even confirmed this personally on their Night plan on a few occasions. They will cut you off a few MB to the exhaustion of your data allocation. Other people have complained about their "double data" zapping. They give you 3GB and you end up being able to use 1.5GB. They might have corrected this, that I cannot confirm, but it was a major issue at one point.

Concerning data usage, I track my usage all the time and MTN has never short-changed me data allocation wise, Never! I always get to use my allocated data.
The exception to this was their Night Plan that gets cut off at exactly 3:30am instead of 4am, even with that, you still get to use your allocated 500MB. The Night plan has been revamped now and it is better albeit more expensive.

I have utilised all the Primary ISP in Nigeria at one time or the other and I dare say MTN has arguably been the most consistent of all.

And please, stop making a generalised statement based off your experience and a few others. MTN is leading the pack for so many reasons.

I was agreeing with u till the last sentence. Leading the pack in what ways biko. I know that 70% of ppl around who really use the Internet are either doing airtel or glo. If u check latest statistics from ncc, mtn is losing customers. Have u asked y mtn had to adjust dere prices from 1200 for 1.5GB to normal 1K others are doing and 1200 for 2GB?

My verdict remains "search for the network that serves u right and enjoy"
For instance in my case, glo is super fast in my office but airtel can make u throw ur phone. On the other hand airtel in my house is so sweet but glo is frustrating. I use mtn because that's the only network I can use both at home and work without hbp

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
scotweezy:

You are right about Airtel short-changing people of data.

First of all Night plan. I have tested it so many ways as much as using another network to pick up download link and keep it in my downloader mostly ADM Pro the maximum Airtel allows is 235mb out of 250mb.

Second, normal data I downloaded a file of 200mb and I restricted background process check my data before I started when I was done Airtel deducted almost 300mb from my available balance.

Third Airtel binge plan. The day I upgraded my phone to android pie, I did Airtel binge plan of 2Gb and the upgrade was supposed to be 1.6Gb and after the upgrade I was left with less than 100mb.

Moving on, MTN had been honest with data deductions but of recent they have been overzealous with it. If not for poor network in most places, Glo have been quite fair though I have noticed some abnormalities atimes when I do their weekend plan.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meklex(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tiger2020:
do they have mi9t
no. They said they were out of stock for Xiaomi phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexispy: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
I thought I was the only one. I use glasswire to monitor my data usage and airtel is the worst of all networks try download a file of 400MB and they'll remove something close to 500MB or more
genius43:

You are right about Airtel short-changing people of data.

First of all Night plan. I have tested it so many ways as much as using another network to pick up download link and keep it in my downloader mostly ADM Pro the maximum Airtel allows is 235mb out of 250mb.

Second, normal data I downloaded a file of 200mb and I restricted background process check my data before I started when I was done Airtel deducted almost 300mb from my available balance.

Third Airtel binge plan. The day I upgraded my phone to android pie, I did Airtel binge plan of 2Gb and the upgrade was supposed to be 1.6Gb and after the upgrade I was left with less than 100mb.

Moving on, MTN had been honest with data deductions but of recent they have been overzealous with it. If not for poor network in most places, Glo have been quite fair though I have noticed some abnormalities atimes when I do their weekend plan.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
Why is it that sometimes if I snap pictures with Gcam, it won't get saved in my gallery? Am using custom ROM evolution x V2 for Redmi 6 pro sakura
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
flexispy:
I thought I was the only one. I use glasswire to monitor my data usage and airtel is the worst of all networks try download a file of 400MB and they'll remove something close to 500MB or more

The night I download avengers Endgame of 921mb with night plan the four times wasn't enough which is theoretically 1Gb, I had to complete the remaining 50Mb with my Glo data. That was one of the highest they have cheated me in night plan.

When Night plan was 500Mb for #25 it was fairer, I usually use up to 490Mb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maverickdude(m): 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Anybody knows if slot in iwo road, ibadan sells Xiaomi devices?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThatEdoboy and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.