Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9384129 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) (5825) (5826) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 6:21am On Sep 03, 2019
yungsmart:
pls why is nobody talking about the Mi A3

My exact question, pls can someone throw some light on this device and does it have camera2api enabled by default? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 6:23am On Sep 03, 2019
genius43:

They will. They have said the Note 10series would be the last set with 12/16Mp cameras.

Afterall the A80 came with a 48Mp sensor.
what am saying is that charity begins at home,they should have tested all those MPs with their phones before others,is as smoke as they know MP doesn't equate to better picture quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DeyGee(m): 6:33am On Sep 03, 2019
Good morning..
We fix android, iPhone and ipad
We sells new and UK used iPhone
We also offer home service

Check my signature for contact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 6:38am On Sep 03, 2019
yungsmart:

I asked a general question just to seek opinions and you talking about mi A4 which is not even announced by xiaomi Which kind spirit enter you...... We call this a xiaomi thread where we discuss everything about xiaomi and tech and I asked why no one is really talking about mi A3 and you are saying am asking a noobish question.
OK ooo Mr knowall What is noob about the question if you can't answer, then gulp down your EGO and stop feeling fly undecided
well said

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 6:40am On Sep 03, 2019
saint2ace:

My exact question, pls can someone throw some light on this device and does it have camera2api enabled by default? Thanks in anticipation.
yes. But you and the other guy that first asked the question are already talking about it, so it's not true that no one is talking about it. tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:10am On Sep 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

Don't bother too much. Band 3 is gradually rolling out nationwide
Hmm, it is not rolling out fast enough o. For example, it's been working well at ojo for months but still nothing in egbeda. Overall if I make the mistake of driving through Lagos with Google maps plus glo band3 as my guide, there's a good chance I'll end up crying.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2019
sherozy:
I tire oh can someone advise me on which fone to get on a budget of 80k. I was thinking of the A3. Am not impressed especially with the UI and display. Was skeptical with knowing which of the other model that supports band 28 and for the price.

If glo is your main line for data and you're not planning to change that then you should definitely get a phone with band 28 support
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2019
abdsamad:

If glo is your main line for data and you're not planning to change that then you should definitely get a phone with band 28 support
Gbamsolutely

Good morning all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seankafor(m): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2019
yungsmart:
pls why is nobody talking about the Mi A3
because the mia3 is the double standard u guys were accusing the a20 for..

But this time with a hefty price tag.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osaki07: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2019
JulianoB:

This is my best feature on MIUI. It helps me capture lots of directives passed on to me by my boss. It's one of the reason I can't see myself leaving Xiaomi any time soon.
Umidigi A3 has that feature too. I've also seen it on a Leagoo phone.

Nothing new here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:43am On Sep 03, 2019
Tiger2020:
what am saying is that charity begins at home,they should have tested all those MPs with their phones before others,is as smoke as they know MP doesn't equate to better picture quality

And they have seen quality photos from OEMs that's why they are also moving from small sensors. Watch out for their next flagship (S11)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2019
saint2ace:

It has Camera2api enabled.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2019
seankafor:
because the mia3 is the double standard u guys were accusing the a20 for..

But this time with a hefty price tag.

I swear, you are right. Very very right.

Although, the chipset is better than the one on A20. But everything wrong with A20 is what is also wrong with the Mi A3.

Shitty Amoled display on a 720p screen.

If I'm to go with performance and aesthetics, I'll go with the A3 though. But if I'm to go with value for money, I'll pick the A20.

In fact, right now, I'll pick the A20.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seankafor(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Although, the chipset is better than the one on A20. But everything wrong with A20 is what is also wrong with the Mi A3.

If I'm to go with performance and aesthetics, I'll go with the A3 though. But if I'm to go with value for money, I'll pick the A20.

why wont the chipset be better when its prices at 70k+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JulianoB: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2019
Osaki07:

Nothing new here.

Never said it's new na. I only said it's my best feature, and those brands you mentioned are brands I don't see myself switching to if I decide to switch.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mekanus(m): 7:55am On Sep 03, 2019
Osaki07:

Nothing new here.
Even tecno and infinix phones have that call recording feature, so I don't know what the fuss is about.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2019
frisky008:
I love the screen recording. I have been able to record many online courses on LinkedIn Learning one month free trial. I will download it for offline viewing with Airtel Trybe. It has really been helpful.

Call recording, screen recording, easy capturing and editing of screenshot (including scrolling screenshot), built-in firewall, etc etc. The Chinese companies (including xiaomi) use such features to get a person hooked grin such that you ignore any other inconveniences such as occassional bugs.

By the way, YouTube and Edx have a lot of free training content which you can download offline using their mobile apps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2019
seankafor:
why wont the chipset be better when its prices at 70k+

Now we are talking about the Mi A3.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Yipeee grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2019
genius43:

It has Camera2api enabled.

Thanks for the confirmation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Oh boy you get mind o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGokay(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2019
Mekanus:
Even tecno and infinix phones have that call recording feature, so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Inbuilt?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2019
Tiger2020:
why is Samsung not using all this insane MP in their phones,nonsense

Because most of those 48 & 64 MPs are effectively 12 and 16MPs in terms of resolution, just pixel binning. The 108 MP is effectively 27 MP.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mekanus(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2019
MrGokay:

Inbuilt?
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:34am On Sep 03, 2019
saint2ace:

Thanks for the confirmation

I even got a working GCam link from XDA for it..

Make Una buy test tell us. Go and watch Mi A3 review from Technology Jock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:34am On Sep 03, 2019
abdsamad:

Hmm, it is not rolling out fast enough o. For example, it's been working well at ojo for months but still nothing in egbeda. Overall if I make the mistake of driving through Lagos with Google maps plus glo band3 as my guide, there's a good chance I'll end up crying.

It's a gradual process. True, the band 3 is not as fast as band 28
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seankafor(m): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2019
olayinkajnr:

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2019
olayinkajnr:

It can't be as cheap as the A20 considering the in display fingerprint scanner, Triple camera setup(currently the cheapest device with Sony IMX 586), 32mp selfie camera and the number of LTE bands it packs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

It's a gradual process. True, the band 3 is not as fast as band 28

Gbam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2019
saint2ace:

Gbam

And then it's difficult to browse while you're downloading cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

And then it's difficult to browse while you're downloading cheesy

From my experience this isn't the case, I have a phone that does band 28 and it works just fine. All activities work concurrently and simultaneously
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2019
saint2ace:

From my experience this isn't the case, I have a phone that does band 28 and it works just fine. All activities work concurrently and simultaneously

With hotspot?
Even band 28 struggles to browse while downloading

(1) (2) (3) ... (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) (5824) (5825) (5826) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.