Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193222 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7107) (7108) (7109) (7110) (7111) (7112) (7113) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2020
D4donnn:

But the price , I saw on AliExpress that I could get a new black shark 2 for less than 130 , do you have a better suggestion can I get those for same price , and moreover the design is also making me lean towards that device

Except a Second hand which is hard to come by.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by D4donnn: 8:06am On Apr 21, 2020
saint2ace:
Fastest Fingers grin grin

Mind sending me a link maybe this one will just suffice grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by D4donnn: 8:08am On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

Except a Second hand which is hard to come by.

Truth is i actually want something new , and the price the 130 seems pretty nice for a snapdragon 855 device , and it's coming brand new

Just saw realme x2 pro for around same price , I haven't seen anyone using that device ( same thing applies to the black shark 2 , Sha ) but I know xiaomi makes decent devices

The one plus 7t is about 50k more expensive that's quite a lot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2020
saint2ace:
Link Ooooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bwehdoneit(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Biafrareform:
Just got this . Who else has seen it
Not yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi444: 9:39am On Apr 21, 2020
AirVaans:
Link Ooooo

U r 2 late
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 9:53am On Apr 21, 2020
D4donnn:

What about the price

well oneplus 7t is about 190k on aliexpress but blackshark 2 is only about 130k

The blackshark is worth considering especially since ure not trying to spend all the money in the bank. I've never used it but i expect the experience to be satisfying

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2020
saint2ace:
Eweleke
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2020
busuyi444:

U r 2 late
give me rope to tie my neck plsssss embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2020
AirVaans:
Link Ooooo

No longer available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2020
D4donnn:

Mind sending me a link maybe this one will just suffice grin

No longer available, guess it's sold out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Ronin1:
Please is there a way to get rid of "GetApps" app without root, yesterday it wasted over 1.5gb of my data without installing or updating any app...

I can help with this. The method I use is the ADB method of debloating.
It doesn't require root and you can remove any bloat that is not associated with the normal workings of your phone.
I do this every time I update my phone.

First, you will need to get the app properties. So go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Tap on the GetApp -> Tap on the info Icon (just under your battery icon, at the topmost right) -> Write out the APK name.

Secondly, you will need a USB-C cable and a Laptop/PC

Once done, head to this link below (edit and remove the spaces)

https:// www. xda-developers. come /uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/amp/

Follow it diligently. I recommend you read everything first before you start off assuming you are a newbie.

Also, please be warned. Do not go uninstalling any thing you see. Like I said earlier, make sure you don't tamper any app that is associated with the normal functioning of your phone. I've made that mistake before and I paid dearly for my oversabi. I had to struggle to reset my phone...and take some medications to calm down my blood pressure before my heart off light permanently.

Visit this link to know what and what can be removed.
https:// forum. xda-developers. come /redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/r-t3875258

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Xionez:

I can help with this. The method I use is the ADB method of debloating.
It doesn't require root and you can remove any bloat that is not associated with the normal workings of your phone.
I do this every time I update my phone.

First, you will need to get the app properties. So go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Tap on the GetApp -> Tap on the info Icon (just under your battery icon, at the topmost right) -> Write out the APK name.

Secondly, you will need a USB-C cable and a Laptop/PC

Once done, head to this link below (edit and remove the spaces)

https:// www. xda-developers. come /uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/amp/

Follow it diligently. I recommend you read everything first before you start off assuming you are a newbie.

Also, please be warned. Do not go uninstalling any thing you see. Like I said earlier, make sure you don't tamper any app that is associated with the normal functioning of your phone. I've made that mistake before and I paid dearly for my oversabi. I had to struggle to reset my phone...and take some medications to calm down my blood pressure before my heart off light permanently.

Visit this link to know what and what can be removed.
https:// forum. xda-developers. come /redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/r-t3875258
That's a long process, just download package disabler pro and u can debloat any application that can't uninstall

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2020
MiUI 12 will be unveiled on the 27th of April.

https:// m. gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_10_youth_edition_miui_12_launch_date-news-42769.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Please, does anyone know if they have released the MI Band 5?
Someone should also please, help me with the available MI Band 4 thread link..Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2020
PrettyBunny:
Please, does anyone know if they have released the MI Band 5?
Someone should also please, help me with the available MI Band 4 thread link..Thank you

No news on Mi band 5 release for now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

No news on Mi band 5 release for now

Thank you very much for responding..Would you advise that I buy the Band 4 or should l just wait for the Band 5?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Utchaykuku(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2020
For those unaware, MediaTek was recently accused of cheating on benchmarks. According to AnandTech, the chipmaker pushes its chipsets to unsustainable ‘Sports Mode’ during benchmarks. This improves the scoring of the smartphone, which displays inaccurate scores. The tampering of the scores could potentially act as advertising if it is greater than the competition and could also be misleading.
Read more here

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/04/17/xiaomi-oppo-vivo-sony-and-realme-smartphones-with-mediatek-chips-delisted-from-ul-benchmarks-over-suspect-scores/

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Thank you very much for responding..Would you advise that I buy the Band 4 or should l just wait for the Band 5?

I can't decide because I haven't seen the specs of the Mi Band 5 to compare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

I can't decide because I haven't seen the specs of the Mi Band 5 to compare

Okay..Thank you very much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Utchaykuku:
For

Posted this a while back. The G90T in the RN8 Pro was also a culprit. As well as P95, G70, A22, P70 and a couple others. From the PC mark scores, the scores were all boosted by as much as 30%. Remove 30% from 280,000.. grin grin

I wonder if the new Dimensity series also have the "sports mode" execution commands. Right when we were beginning to trust MTK, they showed their colours once more. Using fake benchmark scores to mask inefficient SoCs.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
festwiz:

Posted this a while back. The G90T in the RN8 Pro was also a culprit. As well as P95, G70, A22, P70 and a couple others. From the PC mark scores, the scores were all boosted by as much as 30%. Remove 30% from 280,000.. grin grin

I wonder if the new Dimensity series also have the "sports mode" execution commands. Right when we were beginning to trust MTK, they should their colours once more. Using fake benchmark scores to mask inefficient SoCs.

Lol. Hope you are ready sha?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Leave am na grin

Whether dem boost or not, I can never touch anything mtk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by D4donnn: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
abdsamad:

well oneplus 7t is about 190k on aliexpress but blackshark 2 is only about 130k

The blackshark is worth considering especially since ure not trying to spend all the money in the bank. I've never used it but i expect the experience to be satisfying

Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
olayinkajnr:

They are lining up already

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by D4donnn: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

They are lining up already

Sorry boss in your honest opinion I'm stuck between this two , realme x2 pro and the xiaomi black shark 2

I love the better processor and 50watt or volt fast charging in the x2 pro
But
I prefer the design of this more ( those sick lights )

I intend getting one asap , I just need an unbiased opinion
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
D4donnn:

Sorry boss in your honest opinion I'm stuck between this two , realme x2 pro and the xiaomi black shark 2

I love the better processor and 50watt or volt fast charging in the x2 pro
But
I prefer the design of this more ( those sick lights )

I intend getting one asap , I just need an unbiased opinion

Like I said the Black Shark bis a Gaming Centric device. Go for the X2 Pro and try to go for the Global Version.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Foske(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

Like I said the Black Shark bis a Gaming Centric device. Go for the X2 Pro and try to go for the Global Version.

Pls I need gcam link for Redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
They are signing new players to their squad.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:
They are signing new players to their squad.

Yay!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7107) (7108) (7109) (7110) (7111) (7112) (7113) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.