Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9249861 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8239) (8240) (8241) (8242) (8243) (8244) (8245) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Masterdazhem:

Bro what's the difference between note 9s and note 9 pro?
Just gently go through ťhis page and decide for yourself cos I may not be a good teacher to elaborately make the impression you seek.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/buyers-guides/152438-redmi-note-9-vs-note-9s-vs-note-9-pro-vs-note-9-pro-max
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
PowersthatBe:

Your comment made my day. grin Thanks man.. it's exactly what I intend to do.. have an idea if note 10 pro now available in Nigeria?
I heard it was launched this march 4th; we just have to have small patience to see if Nigeria will be in their roadmap but intituitively there is no reason why some variants of it wouldn't be launched ĥere after'all the 9 series came to Nigeria. Even if it đosen't come or your desired spec is nôt launched here, our xiaomi marketers will do justice to satisfying our taste if need be. These 10 series are really sweet especially with their adaptive super amoled full hd+ displays and impressive camera hardware.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
bigtt76:
Oh yea ...so I can't side install it then until a new one comes out.

Yes.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Innunique: 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
has any one got the Redmi note 7 case and screen guard here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
Innunique:
has any one got the Redmi note 7 case and screen guard here?

Go to the Xiaomi Thread Store and ask, that is the marketplace.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 11:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:

The item is a Xiaomi note 9s , from the tracking on track 24 is not showing is in Nigeria, I bought it from goldway.
Una too like to dey use mistake to suffer unnecessarily, this phone is locally available, I see no justification to your aliexpress adventure, you thought it'd be cheaper, what of these numerous stress? Hope you are enjoying it? Thať is why this thread was created, asking questions here would have averteđ this but I pray you get your device ôr a refund cos I know you acted ignorantly. Take care.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 12:08am On Mar 08, 2021
Plead:
This dark mode feature, does it extend battery life or what exactly is its purpose?
For lcd no battery extension but it may save some juice in amoled. I normally use it cos I find it appealing and mostly use my phone at night as the bright light hurts my eyes. This is a matter of individual differences though.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2021
jboixxx:
Avail in Ikeja when you're set, bro. The ZSN Pro actually grin
Okay boss grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Squirrel01: 2:24am On Mar 08, 2021
enigma0:

I had updated it, thanks for your time and help..

I later updated it via OTA

Yours is 12.0.6 ,is this a new update?I'm still stuck at 12.0.3 note 9s.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovewins: 2:51am On Mar 08, 2021
FM19addict:
are you aware there is a big chance you might not get the phone?

How do you mean? Please explain. It's been a while on this thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 5:36am On Mar 08, 2021
Good morning, this is what I saw on Nipost tracking site is different from track 24, who can explain please cos AliExpress claim the item is in Nigeria and refuse refund.
Is it possible for the item to be inserted in a bag as at December 7th while it was shipped around Dec 2 ,and I got an update of despatch to oversea on the 7th. And on postal ninja I can see something from Nigeria post, pls help me explain

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 5:37am On Mar 08, 2021
1000angstroms:

Una too like to dey use mistake to suffer unnecessarily, this phone is locally available, I see no justification to your aliexpress adventure, you thought it'd be cheaper, what of these numerous stress? Hope you are enjoying it? Thať is why this thread was created, asking questions here would have averteđ this but I pray you get your device ôr a refund cos I know you acted ignorantly. Take care.

Thanks, I hope I get the item
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:51am On Mar 08, 2021
kemshade:
Good morning, this is what I saw on Nipost tracking site is different from track 24, who can explain please cos AliExpress claim the item is in Nigeria and refuse refund.
Is it possible for the item to be inserted in a bag as at December 7th while it was shipped around Dec 2 ,and I got an update of despatch to oversea on the 7th.
Insert into bag was in Singapore, not 9ja. Your item isn't in 9ja yet from all screenshots you've uploaded.

Pray it's in 9ja sha cuz sometimes, you won't get an update till it gets to your PO.

Best of luck, Kem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by musico: 5:54am On Mar 08, 2021
Please help me provide solution to this problem,my redmi7a is too slow and other app were mis- behavior.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 5:54am On Mar 08, 2021
jboixxx:
Insert into bag was in Singapore, not 9ja. Your item isn't in 9ja yet from all screenshots you've uploaded.

Pray it's in 9ja sha cuz sometimes, you won't get an update till it gets to your PO.

Best of luck, Kem.

Ok but the insert into bag indicated Nigeria post though, am just confused right now though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2021
musico:
Please help me provide solution to this problem,my redmi7a is too slow and other app were mis- behavior.

Update your phone if there is any pending updates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:49am On Mar 08, 2021
kemshade:

Ok but the insert into bag indicated Nigeria post though, am just confused right now though
Where?
Do the 2 options you're given earlier but I think the delivery note from NIPOST is your best bet or just unlook. Whatever is not in your control, worth no stress of yours.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 6:55am On Mar 08, 2021
jboixxx:
Where?
Do the 2 options you're given earlier but I think the delivery note from NIPOST is your best bet or just unlook. Whatever is not in your control, worth no stress of yours.

This is it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:07am On Mar 08, 2021
kemshade:

This is it

They said go to your post office to get the no delivery note not this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 7:18am On Mar 08, 2021
genius43:

They said go to your post office to get the no delivery note not this.

Am going there today, just trying to show what I saw in the update, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bennyefosa19: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2021
yes the dimensity 800U has proved to be a really good chipset in terms of power optimization and energy saving. mediatek has done w good job with this one

Mustiboy:
Xiaomi must use the Dimensity 800u in any of the coming Note 10 series.

I'd appreciate that chipset more than any of the SD700 series (except SD765), coupled with the fact that it will save cost that could be potentially channeled to making the Note 10 series Amoled.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bennyefosa19: 7:29am On Mar 08, 2021
but the dimensity 800U brings so many new features with it! the MediaTek 5G UltraSave especially, and miravision playback are superb qualities. not to mention the Arm Cortex-A76 cores which are really powerful

genius43:

Not all benchmarks. SD 750 is better in Antutu, It houses a better GPU, as well as a better DSP.

Besides the optimization is better in the SD.

Mediatek have improved but they aren't still there yet. They still lack support. We thought it would change after the G90T but sadly it isn't.

Also the despite been built on a 7nm process the 800U has twice the power draw of the 750G.

But still you won't see any of these chipsets on any of the RN10.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harryodilli19(m): 7:34am On Mar 08, 2021
while the dimensity 1000 and higher chipsets are really good and powerful and i do believe the dimensity 800U is also a pretty good 5G chipset especially for gaming purposes. realme has come out with a couple of smartphones featuring the dimensity 800U and they work quite well.

Mustiboy:

Lol.

SD 665 is better than Helio G85 in real-life performance, despite the latter boasting lot more Antutu Benchmark scores.

I'm yet to be convinced that Mediatek is up for some real competition. The new Dimensity 800u can't even handle a lot of games without lag. Even COD is locked at medium graphics with it, although I agree optimization is yet to be made.

Still, I'd pick Snapdragon over Meditatek anyday. Only HELIO G90T and Dimensity 1000 impress me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by so9cee(f): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2021
Drizzle007:

Are you willing to get it fairly used?
No, I prefer brand new phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:41am On Mar 08, 2021
One person three monikers just to promote and market one brand.

Nawa o.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2021
1000angstroms:

Harsh but fair
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:47am On Mar 08, 2021
kemshade:

Thanks, I hope I get the item

Level headed response.

Yes, i am now the refree in any potential showdowns
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 7:47am On Mar 08, 2021
genius43:

Nawa o.

You never see anything grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2021
genius43:

Nawa o.

Must chop, man has to
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:02am On Mar 08, 2021
Jemerson:

You never see anything grin

My only moniker Na headache for me sometimes talk more two then three.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2021
1000angstroms:

For lcd no battery extension but it may save some juice in amoled. I normally use it cos I find it appealing and mostly use my phone at night as the bright light hurts my eyes. This is a matter of individual differences though.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:37am On Mar 08, 2021
kemshade:

Am going there today, just trying to show what I saw in the update, thanks
None of those screenshots posted are indicative of the item in 9ja. They're all saying dispatch to country of destination in different ways.

Please, don't go to NIPOST with such a claim and address them calmly and respectfully. That's the way to get their attention and necessary support.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8239) (8240) (8241) (8242) (8243) (8244) (8245) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.