Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9366112 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8435) (8436) (8437) (8438) (8439) (8440) (8441) ... (9325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
genius43:

Try to restart your device at least once a week
ok will do dat thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
olaideslex:
Good evening wonderful people.

Please I need a very fast charger and other accessories for my Xiaomi Mi 10 lite 5G. I would love to pick up on Saturday preferably around egbeda or Ikeja. Kindly recommend.

Contact Jboixxx if he still has Baseus 24W charger as for other accessories it will be hard because that phone is not common around here

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2021
olaideslex:
Good evening wonderful people.

Please I need a very fast charger and other accessories for my Xiaomi Mi 10 lite 5G. I would love to pick up on Saturday preferably around egbeda or Ikeja. Kindly recommend.
I have charger (Baseus 24w) +cable for you in Ikeja.

For direct call or message, Click Me or check my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
fibonacci2526:

Is it that you don't know this is perfectly normal? Your OS, apps(that run in background) and so many other processes use this ram. So long your phone is working fine, why bother yourself? Or are you confusing RAM with ROM(internal storage that gets filled up)

Let's leave rom for another day oooo.......

Tell me how to know the exact app that's consuming ram...... I searched it on settings but it ain't showing....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
Keiyadosh:
most of these iPhone people wey dey post superb quality pictures no dey practice or anything,and dem pictures quality dey dey alright gan ...So outrightly calling people's expectations silly is you not understanding where they are coming from
I know people that post firee pictures and don't know jack about photography except to click..If anyone is installing GCAM expecting to see similar results based on how everyone raves about it, how is that silly?

Should I start pulling iphone photos that are bad off the internet. I can do it all night if you want. There's a whole repository of them. Really badly overexposed photos. Some of which those fancy filters cannot save.

In Nigeria we should call a spade a spade. I'm not going to be politically correct. Let these people know what they're buying. GCam will not give you a good photo if you don't know how to take pictures.

That why there are so many "GCam is overrated" comments everywhere from disappointed people. Some use it once and never use again.

Xiaomi stock camera is very good as well. Pro mode is even better. On the higher end Redmis, pro mode 64 or 108mp is as good as Gcam. How many people actually know how to use it? They buy Xiaomi thinking they're buying the next IPhone.

Las las we know how it ends

22 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

Let's leave rom for another day oooo.......

Tell me how to know the exact app that's consuming ram...... I searched it on settings but it ain't showing....

You no go see am. That's why they're in the background. So long as you're phone is fine, why bother?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheSoothSayer(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2021
Hey guys. I use redmi note 9 Pro, and anytime I try to upgrade to the latest update that brings android 11, it gets to 100 percent and refuses to install. It says, 'can't verify source of download' even though I downloaded thru the updater that came with the phone.
I've downloaded it twice now and it's the same issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:18am On Jun 04, 2021
Awesome,right?
Rom: Xiaomi.eu stable 12.0.2 (A11) ROM
Device: RN9s

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:23am On Jun 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Xiaomi stock camera is very good as well. Pro mode is even better. On the higher end Redmis, pro mode 64 or 108mp is as good as Gcam. How many people actually know how to use it? They buy Xiaomi thinking they're buying the next IPhone.

Las las we know how it ends
Abeg comman teach me how to use the pro mode
I'm a make up artist, I can't afford IPhone for now and I can't do away with android
Thanks... Contact on siggy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:54am On Jun 04, 2021
stephinnoyewole:
Awesome,right?
Rom: Xiaomi.eu stable 12.0.2 (A11) ROM
Device: RN9s

Turn off auto adjust background in dark mode your SS are too dark.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:55am On Jun 04, 2021
TheSoothSayer:
Hey guys. I use redmi note 9 Pro, and anytime I try to upgrade to the latest update that brings android 11, it gets to 100 percent and refuses to install. It says, 'can't verify source of download' even though I downloaded thru the updater that came with the phone.
I've downloaded it twice now and it's the same issue

Download manually and install or wait a little while.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheSoothSayer(m): 6:05am On Jun 04, 2021
genius43:

Download manually and install or wait a little while.

Kindly say more. Download manually, from where? How then do I install

Wait a while for what?
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:13am On Jun 04, 2021
TheSoothSayer:

Kindly say more. Download manually, from where? How then do I install

Wait a while for what?
Thanks

1. What you should have asked is link. As for how I have posted that on this thread severally I would have dropped the instructions.

2. If you tried something with the same outcome twice. It is very possible that since it is a phased rollout. They have gotten the numbers they need.

Download with a download manager like ADM PRO or 1DM+

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM/miui_JOYEUSEGlobal_V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_2ed492f999_11.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obaiyski(m): 6:14am On Jun 04, 2021
Sunkyphil:
as in?
Mostly caused by SD card. Remove SD card and check if it happens again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Moncur: 6:17am On Jun 04, 2021
Which xaiomi phone can I get for 7ok to 89k max please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:21am On Jun 04, 2021
Moncur:
Which xaiomi phone can I get for 7ok to 89k max please

Macbeyland has the 4/128GB Redmi Note 10 for 86k you should take it. The phone is sold at 92k in stores.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2021
GrandMufti:

Go soon turn to 16 sef, u 1 bet? grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:41am On Jun 04, 2021
Gptech:

Go soon turn to 16 sef, u 1 bet? grin.
Anyone wey bet this one wan play with the resource(s) ni. Na to just lukaway
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2021
Obaiyski:
Mostly caused by SD card. Remove SD card and check if it happens again
there is no sd card though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Moncur: 7:06am On Jun 04, 2021
genius43:

Macbeyland has the 4/128GB Redmi Note 10 for 86k you should take it. The phone is sold at 92k in stores.
Thanks bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Thank you. I no understand sha. Shey OS no need RAM to take run? Background processes no need RAM? Firmware and drivers no need RAM? Apps when dey background unkor?

Wetin them wan use run?
boya horse
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:29am On Jun 04, 2021
stephinnoyewole:

Abeg comman teach me how to use the pro mode
I'm a make up artist, I can't afford IPhone for now and I can't do away with android
Thanks... Contact on siggy

You're looking to make money with it. So I'm sure there are plenty of people who charge money to teach portrait photography. You should try looking for them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 8:43am On Jun 04, 2021
Hello house. What could possibly be draining battery on standby? I went to bed with 98% and woke up to 94%. This wasn't so on my former redmi note 8T.
The device is redmi note 10 pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2021
leTrizzle:
Hello house. What could possibly be draining battery on standby? I went to bed with 98% and woke up to 94%. This wasn't so on my former redmi note 8T.
The device is redmi note 10 pro.

For now it is normal. It will be solved subsequently. Just try to clear your background processes before going to sleep.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2021
genius43:

For now it is normal. It will be solved subsequently. Just try to clear your background processes before going to sleep.
Ok.Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Moncur: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2021
genius43:

Jboixxx posted about this some days ago
Need redmi note 10,csn I get your contact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2021
Moncur:

Need redmi note 10,csn I get your contact

I am not a seller. Contact Macbeyland
His contact is on the advert in the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/1152#102299083
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Okusi(m): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2021
RuneKingThor:

It's looks like work mode. Look for work mode in you control center or you can check settings, then click it. It should disappear.

still haven't gotten any solution to this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EntrepreNuel: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2021
genius43:

You can also turn the Ultra Battery mood when going to bed. This will conserve your battery.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Okusi(m): 9:34am On Jun 04, 2021
Okusi:
What's the meaning of the arrowed icon and how can it be removed? It's on a Poco X3 Pro phone

Anyone to help with this please... na beg I dey beg o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2021
Shegzycoded:
the setting you're looking for is under developers option... You can't finish that ram bro no need disturbing yourself

Tell me how to get there i just wanna know the app that consume alot of ram like this.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (8435) (8436) (8437) (8438) (8439) (8440) (8441) ... (9325) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.