Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201554 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8454) (8455) (8456) (8457) (8458) (8459) (8460) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2021
LuciferO:
exclude camera
AMOLED display and A11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:53am On Jun 12, 2021
Rexraph18:
Hello guys.. anyone having/had the no call volume on redmi note 9s.
The problem is making a voice call, I can't hear or be heard.
WhatsApp call works fine.
Clearing phone services app data from settings sometimes temporarily fixes it but most times doesn't.

My friend got the phone from someone as a used gift, I have checked it and discovered unlocked bootloader, custom recovery and it's running the xiaomi.eu ROM on android 11.

Please is their any fix for this? Or is there a way to revert back to the global ROM (maybe that might fix).

Cc genuis43
And other bosses who knows/understands the Xiaomi eco system well
I'm facing the same thing. It's a software ish. Hopefully, it gets fixed with the next update as updating to Android 11 didn't fix it.

Funny enough, my brother who uses the same phone doesn't have this issue. And he's running Android 11 as well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

I'm facing the same thing. It's a software ish. Hopefully, it gets fixed with the next update as updating to Android 11 didn't fix it.

Funny enough, my brother who uses the same phone doesn't have this issue. And he's running Android 11 as well.

For official Global ROM the issues especially the call issue that plagued 12.0.1 was fixed on 12.0.2.

My brother used both versions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 9:05am On Jun 12, 2021
genius43:

For official Global ROM the issues especially the call issue that plagued 12.0.1 was fixed on 12.0.2.

My brother used both versions.

But mine isn't fixed yet. Hopefully the next update will.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PATAlolade(m): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

Hold your power button till your phone reboots itself.
Okay, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:13am On Jun 12, 2021
genius43:

You are ignoring the point he is making. He is talking of those who won't go that route of flashing a custom ROM.

Believe it or not the number of people who prefer to use their devices the way it is far surpasses those into Modding.

The gap between me and modding my phone is like the distance between south africa and russia. Many people are so comfortable with miui that the highest they can go is changing themes and fonts. Even the default apps of miui is rock solid. I think this flashing of custom rom should be done when your phone stops receiving official updates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by forke(m): 9:18am On Jun 12, 2021
Hi Guys

I just bought my first xiaomi phone after seeing a lot of good reviews about it. Redmi note 10, please tell some great features of this phone that I can explore and enjoy that I am unaware of thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2021
KinGudi:
Maybe note 9 pro is not part of the update (Android 11) or is it just me

We move...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:23am On Jun 12, 2021
Henrybright:
I think you can get it by by clicking on "reset to default values", that was how I got mine to appear.
I think someone knowledgeable in this developer options should educate us in layman's knowledge what most of those settings do make people no mistakenly go brick their phone and so that if someone has something wrong with his phone and it is something that dan be solved in developers option to avert panic attack and heart failures.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 12, 2021
SirMichael1:
I got the notification of this 12.0.15.0 update initially, when I didn't update, the notification disappeared. The next update notification I'll see is that of 12.5.1. Do you really think I'll have to update it to 12.0.15.0 first before moving to this update?

If your updater can download it directly, I don't think it'll have a problem with upgrading directly to 12.5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melodyogonna(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

Yes, it's still boring to say the least.

While some of the visual changes are to be lauded, they still don't won't entice and average user who is accustomed to the beautiful UI and animations that a custom skin brings.

I still won't use it.
Hmmm, interesting lmao. I'll check this out myself
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
whitewizardry:
Please someone should recommend me high end games I can download for my Redmi note 10 pro. I don't have any game here except the follow come pubg mobile.
Thanks.

Call of Duty over Pugb
Pes 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

I believe the issue is device specific. Most devices didn't get the bug while some did, mine did and that's the reason an still on A10 though on Indian ROM.
There's a new update for Indian which has been getting good reviews, might try it later but I'm really waiting for MIUI 12.5.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nigol: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2021
Nigol:
Good day to you all, my Redmi always boot into recovery mode anytime I reboot or switch off my phone, it exits recovery mode after several attempts to boot into system (One of the options available when it boots into recovery mode) in the recovery mode, it wasn't like this when I bought the phone, I wonder what the problem might be.

P.S my phone is updated.

Please I need response to this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2021
embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2021
forke:
Hi Guys

I just bought my first xiaomi phone after seeing a lot of good reviews about it. Redmi note 10, please tell some great features of this phone that I can explore and enjoy that I am unaware of thanks

1. Second Space ( not advisable as it uses more resources )

2. Game Turbo

3. Floating Window (Drag an app from the bottom to the far right corner to minimize and use another app simultaneously) See attached screenshot.

4. Themes – to change the overall look of your device. Search for "iOS Freedom". You'll like it.

5.Dual apps. Check under the Security app on your phone.

6. Just so you don't complain that apps are closing when you go back to them, go to Security – Boost Memory – Settings Icon – Locked Apps. Then lock any app you want to keep running in the background.

7. Endeavour to reset your phone once in a while. I do this at least once in 6 months. It will make your device fresh again.

8. Change fonts. Search for "Region" in settings and set yours to India. The go to the Themes app to download any font you like. The one in the attached screenshot is "Cool Jazz", peculiar with Samsung phones. You'll also like "Handleee Regular 3".

9. Don't install unnecessary apps. Many platforms can be accessed through the web, even a little more intuitively with Chrome. There's no award given for having over 600 apps on your phone as some unscrupulous elements here claim. Your phone is Redmi Note 10, a midrange device. Keep that in mind. If not for our useless Naira. This phone would sell a little above 60k or even less.
Use lite version of apps you barely use.

Enjoy your device.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2021
Catfishing:
Boss, how can I upgrade to android 11 in RN7 embarassed local man just confuse.

This phone won't be getting android 11 from Xiaomi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2021
Nigol:
Good day to you all, my Redmi always boot into recovery mode anytime I reboot or switch off my phone, it exits recovery mode after several attempts to boot into system (One of the options available when it boots into recovery mode) in the recovery mode, it wasn't like this when I bought the phone, I wonder what the problem might be.

P.S my phone is updated.

Check your power button... Something might be keeping it pressed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

8. Change fonts. Search for "Region" in settings and set yours to India. The go to the Themes app to download any font you like. The one in the attached screenshot is "Cool Jazz", peculiar with Samsung phones. You'll also like "Handleee Regular 3".

If you have the font name, you can search in the Theme app and some results will popup (though limited). Changing regions can be tiring sometimes.

9. Don't install unnecessary apps. Many platforms can be accessed through the web, even a little more intuitively with Chrome. There's no award given for having over 600 apps on your phone as some unscrupulous elements here claim. Your phone is Redmi Note 10, a midrange device. Keep that in mind. If not for our useless Naira. This phone would sell a little above 60k or even less.

The bolded is unnecessary. You can have hundreds of apps and still manage them better than someone who has tens. Restricting background activities and disabling autostart will keep most of them quiet.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 12, 2021
genius43:

This phone won't be getting android 11 from Xiaomi
wahala...how can one get it through the backdoor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2021
Osyxcel:

If you have the font name, you can search in the Theme app and some results will popup (though limited). Changing regions can be tiring sometimes.

The bolded is unnecessary. You can have hundreds of apps and still manage them better than someone who has tens. Restricting background activities and disabling autostart will keep most of them quiet.

Some apps are stubborn and designed to run in threads. That is, there will be one part taking up 300mb of your ram and another taking about 90mb. If you manage to force-close the app, the first part which is the main one will stop running, but the second will remain and might not even show when you view your background processes.

No amount of restrictions will stop apps like Xender and Vidmate from running in the background of your phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samsimple(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

1. Second Space ( not advisable as it uses more resources )

2. Game Turbo

3. Floating Window (Drag an app from the bottom to the far right corner to minimize and use another app simultaneously) See attached screenshot.

4. Themes – to change the overall look of your device. Search for "iOS Freedom". You'll like it.

5.Dual apps. Check under the Security app on your phone.

6. Just so you don't complain that apps are closing when you go back to them, go to Security – Boost Memory – Settings Icon – Locked Apps. Then lock any app you want to keep running in the background.

7. Endeavour to reset your phone once in a while. I do this at least once in 6 months. It will make your device fresh again.

Enjoy your device.
there is no second space on redmi note 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 11:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Mustiboy:

Some apps are stubborn and designed to run in threads. That is, there will be one part taking up 300mb of your ram and another taking about 90mb. If you manage to force-close the app, the first part which is the main one will stop running, but the second will remain and might not even show when you view your background processes.

No amount of restrictions will stop apps like Xender and Vidmate from running in the background of your phone.

I agree with you that some apps are stubborn and they are usually those that have other services attached to them that triggers them e.g. Facebook. Such apps can be done away with. I use web version of FB and I don't have Vidmate (I'd rather download on a browser). Xender has been pretty much useless these days, so it's just there hibernating.

I remember those days of 500MB and 1GB RAM phones. Despite having tens of apps on my phones, lagging was very much reduced. It all comes down to app management.

That why I'm fully with you that some apps are unnecessary and that web browsers be used instead.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2021
Good morning here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2021
so they no longer distinguish between the active and the standby usage in the battery usage stats since last month's update �� kind of disappointing...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:
so they no longer distinguish between the active and the standby usage in the battery usage stats since last month's update �� kind of disappointing...

Change the Details to Rankings.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vision202020: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
I just got my Redmi note 10 pro. Please, how do I move my files, apps and data from redmi note 7 to the note 10 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
Osyxcel:

Change the Details to Rankings.
see what I mean. this is the old one.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirMichael1: 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
Benstino:

If your updater can download it directly, I don't think it'll have a problem with upgrading directly to 12.5
My updater always misbehaves. If the network fluctuates, it automatically stops downloading.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
That phone can only get MIUI update, no major update.
Catfishing:
Boss, how can I upgrade to android 11 in RN7 embarassed local man just confuse.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Those tech giant Sabi how they do things.
Mustiboy:

Sometimes, I suspect Xiaomi spies on Google or has an insider over there working for them. Google will release their next version of Android, and the next thing you'll realise most of the features are already on MIUI.

I still wonder how Xiaomi does it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8454) (8455) (8456) (8457) (8458) (8459) (8460) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.