Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9197032 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8971) (8972) (8973) (8974) (8975) (8976) (8977) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
just2endowed:

Let me help you fix it... If you are updating firmware don't do it

What happened to million of us that use that same devices that have been updating since the phone came out and nothing happened?

Guys just come up here drop anti firmware statements like Anti-Vax movement

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zubis05: 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Thanks boss

dellaziz:

I will suggest you check your APN settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
hamtabfawaz:
https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project/5#114907775

Advertisement is not allowed here. Please do the right thing by removing this post. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flashh: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
Upgraded, from Redmi 10 to Redmi Note 11.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkyjms: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Download the full ROM? Why cos of saving data?
there are several updates after the first one?

My primary reason for asking is if there are no issues with the new ROM, primarily battery Life

I must say, this update ain't battery friendly. Even on battery saver, no joke.
May be for me tho, you may be lucky.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
funkyjms:

How good are your networks currently?

Like see how bad my network is currently. I will be crazy to be expecting spectacular battery life.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkyjms: 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
genius43:

How good are your networks currently?

Like see how bad my network is currently. I will be crazy to be expecting spectacular battery life.

I don't think this is bad.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tegamarro(m): 1:32am On Jul 25, 2022
Guys can any tell me why all redmi phones consumes so much data

Please is there a fix for this
My redmi consumes so. Much data
Help help help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:52am On Jul 25, 2022
funkyjms:

I don't think this is bad.

Yellow isn't all good too

Why is your WiFi/Bluetooth is on. Hope WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning isn't on
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:52am On Jul 25, 2022
tegamarro:
Guys can any tell me why all redmi phones consumes so much data

Please is there a fix for this
My redmi consumes so. Much data
Help help help

This is false
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 3:55am On Jul 25, 2022
genius43:

This is false

After opening Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Whatsapp status (that thing low-key swallows data) on top 3gb, folks be thinking there is something swallowing the data. E dey sweet to consume content normally grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2022
Auskyd:

After opening Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Whatsapp status (that thing low-key swallows data) on top 3gb, folks be thinking there is something swallowing the data. E dey sweet to consume content normally grin

Content available on these platforms are not data friendly,you are talking about scrolling through feeds with images,videos,adverts,what do you expect?na Instagram worst pass
Contents have changed over the years,you can't compare those sites with nairaland platform,.when dealing with media content expect your data to be zapped.

There is nothing like a phone is zapping data,you use exactly what you view.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2022
noobody:

Content available on these platforms are not data friendly,you are talking about scrolling through feeds with images,videos,adverts,what do you expect?na Instagram worst pass
Contents have changed over the years,you can't compare those sites with nairaland platform,.when dealing with media content expect your data to be zapped.

There is nothing like a phone is zapping data,you use exactly what you view.

People have to realize that's what finishes their data lol. Folks be expecting 2gig to last 5 days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkyjms: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2022
genius43:

Yellow isn't all good too

Why is your WiFi/Bluetooth is on. Hope WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning isn't on

WiFi/Bluetooth is off when not in use.
WiFi/Bluetooth scanning is always on (just turn off).
Can that contribute?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:58am On Jul 25, 2022
funkyjms:

WiFi/Bluetooth is off when not in use.
WiFi/Bluetooth scanning is always on (just turn off).
Can that contribute?

WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning always on is giving free access for your battery to die quick
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
Can somebody help explain why my data below is huge despite moving heavy files to sdcard.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2022
And again Pls suggest me a smooth custom rom for redmi note 8 with android 12 out of box
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
Newbie5050:
And again Pls suggest me a smooth custom rom for redmi note 8 with android 12 out of box

Go to the tweaking thread or visit XDA developers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
funkyjms:

Hmmnn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tegamarro(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
genius43:

This is false

How can you say that when I'm currently going to hell subscribing everyday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rooy57(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
Flashh:
Upgraded, from Redmi 10 to Redmi Note 11.

Please how can one order from aliexpress these days giving the 50 dollar daily limit by CBN?

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
tegamarro:

I am using RN10 Pro and I don't subscribe everyday. I know my consumption monthly and I buy as much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Rooy57:

Please how can one order from aliexpress these days giving the 50 dollar daily limit by CBN?

Thanks

Daily limit Abi monthly limit?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atinga1: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
tegamarro:

Mayb you're using auto updates in your phone or you use Faceboo/YouTube/tiktok a lot.
Besides, if you subscribe for 2gb, do you expect it to last for a month?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rooy57(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
genius43:

Daily limit Abi monthly limit?

Is it monthly? I even thought it is daily o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ajasay3030(m): 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
Can someone please recommend a Xiaomi phone in the neighbourhood of 100k. I would go for Note 10 but I read some negative reviews about the camera. What do you guys say to this and what are you recommended phones?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaalajo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2022
My redmi9t just show me one kind thing now, I was at my wife shop and I'm playing DLS 2022 soccer on it. I just quit the game because I want to check something on my bank app and after checking I put the phone on lock,naso the phone no gree on again ooo when I want to make call,I don't know what to do because the phone have not for once went off like that since I bought it in Feb this year,I quickly rush home to put it on charging maybe it will on but it's still on 45% when it went off..as I reach home plug the phone it's still not showing any sign of charging,I'm not happy at all but something just came to my mind to put the phone where it's cold maybe the phone is too hot that's why, naso I put the phone on top cup and put it inside the freezer part of my water dispenser.. I leave it for like 8-10minutes before I remove it, the phone don cold as I remove it and I put it on straight without plugging it on charger, and boom the phone on straight and boot within 3seconds.. don't know what caused it and I like the phone, I'm considering of selling it but I'm used to it... This thing happen just now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
Babaalajo:
My redmi9t just show me one kind thing now, I was at my wife shop and I'm playing DLS 2022 soccer on it. I just quit the game because I want to check something on my bank app and after checking I put the phone on lock,naso the phone no gree on again ooo when I want to make call,I don't know what to do because the phone have not for once went off like that since I bought it in Feb this year,I quickly rush home to put it on charging maybe it will on but it's still on 45% when it went off..as I reach home plug the phone it's still not showing any sign of charging,I'm not happy at all but something just came to my mind to put the phone where it's cold maybe the phone is too hot that's why, naso I put the phone on top cup and put it inside the freezer part of my water dispenser.. I leave it for like 8-10minutes before I remove it, the phone don cold as I remove it and I put it on straight without plugging it on charger, and boom the phone on straight and boot within 3seconds.. don't know what caused it and I like the phone, I'm considering of selling it but I'm used to it... This thing happen just now

No need for long stories what you are facing isn't new with that device. There is a fix for deadboot and it has been shared some pages back
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
Rooy57:

Is it monthly? I even thought it is daily o.

It is monthly and many banks are stopping Dollar transactions on Naira domicile accounts.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
pharmtasy:

Redmi buds 4 Pro
Contact @Michael anonymousey

Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
BeardedTraveler:
Hello all, I need recommendations on a nice earbud that can connect to two phones at the same time. Thanks y'all.

Depends on your budget. For between 30-35k there's Redmi Buds 4 pro and Realme Buds Air 3 for 35k and 30k respectively. There's also Redmi Airdots 3 pro for 30k.
Going higher you can get the Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 pro for around 75-77k.

WhatsApp 08057407671 to reach a concrete conclusion. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8971) (8972) (8973) (8974) (8975) (8976) (8977) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.