Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9175036 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9004) (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rationalist007: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2022
Experts in the house I'm having and issue with my redmi Note 9...while using it the screen sometimes become unresponsive for a second or two after then comes alive again and responds to what I pressed in quick succession...pls how do I rectify this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Celmatador(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2022
epospiky:

Will you sell for 3k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2022
olatunyemi:

Baba, I'm frustrated by my hotspot on note 11 pro going off on its own.i have checked everything and it's the same

Have you tried this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2022
End of an Era. A Tribute to a Legend & a Warm Welcome to a New Giant grin

*Long Post*

So guys it's been approximately 4yrs since I started this journey with my Redmi Note 5 Pro. I remember the buzz that came with this killer mid-ranger that year just like Redmi Note 10 pro presently, the excitement, anticipation & a lil bit of anxiety having to wait for weeks for the phone to be delivered having ordered from AE. Lol. Well it eventually did & the rest as they say was history. And I tell you what; this machine has been a very good & reliable servant & the thought of upgrading always seemed distant. Arguably the phone with the largest & strongest custom OS support anywhere. As I write, 2 of the main Whyred Telegram channels remains strong with over 5k active subscribers each. In my books, RN5Pro is up there among the greatest smartphones ever made by Xiaomi.

Coming from Samsung at the time, it was a bit of uncertainty but I can say my expectations have been considerably exceeded by Xiaomi. I rarely change phones because I don't see the point if your device remains loyal. I set out on a test mission to use my RN5 for 4yrs at least, & today that mission has been fairly accomplished. But then, any upgrade would be subject to how good the deal was ...Never in a haste to discard. And sometime last week, I was able to find that deal. Yeah. What that means is that I've finally bid farewell to my trusted servant & legend - the RN5 Pro. It's an emotional one guys cry, but it has to be done. I have a lady willing & waiting to pay a reasonable amount to have it. At 4, the phone still looks mostly new with the packet still intact, plus my GCAM got her enchanted lol. She promised to treat my legend well.. Major reason I'm selling. It's a hard one, but what needs to be done has to be done.

And so guys, it is with honour that I introduce to you my newest servant & beast... Wait for it..... The Mi 10 5G (8/256GB)! I can guess you guys are thinking... what a massive leap from RN5! Lol. Well na long story but, yeah I'm now using a Xiaomi flagship grin. So far I've been greatly impressed by this super machine; major highlights being the premium design, display quality, super efficient battery, amazing cinematic stereo speakers, chipset & of course the world-class 108MP camera sensor carefully manufactured by Samsung in collaboration with Xiaomi. I think the future looks bright with this smartphone. By now, I know my honourable pals on the Xiaomi Tweaking thread have already guessed it - and yeah, I've had the bootloader already unlocked, the annoying Global rom discarded & Xiaomi.eu rom PERMANENTLY installed (via fastboot) lol. Tell me wetin I go without that ROM.... just tell me ;DPossibly the cleanest/smoothest ROM ever made in the history of android!

The decision to go with Mi 10 5G was mostly based on the fact that it met 98% of my ever-dynamic requirements in a smartphone. Plus the deal was a good one IMO. And so, I'm once again resetting the time on this new machine.. Gonna be another 3-4yrs ride, all things being equal. Hoping to terrorize the Photography Thread once again with my new cam. atheistandproud, chariisGRACE & co.... hope say una dey ready? cheesy Once I get the time, na serious vawulence o

I will end this by thanking my good pal, genius43 for his well-informed pointers prior to this new dev, but more importantly for always being there to assist with knowledgeable responses. Boss I'm always grateful. Special thanks too to Meister for being a reliable & honest dealer. Guys, he actually made this deal possible. The whole thing was super legit, smooth & fast. You can check out his ads for some more seriously reasonable deals. Thanks too to my bro Jboixxx for always being there. The professor. A true gentleman. I hail.

Now everyone on this thread is invited to this little celebration, but I no go give anybody shishi, especially for this "top to bottom" era ... not even pure water!.. Just come, take a brief look at the beast & then bye-bye! grin

Just to put this out there tho; Xiaomi makes superb smartphones. For consumers, sometimes pattern of usage & a bit of research make the difference, but no let anybody deceive you. Use the internet prudently.

Cheers!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:21am On Aug 28, 2022
Reddington:
Cheers!
I hail you, baba! A worthy upgrade.

...but you must share sachet water, at least! grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chariisGRACE(m): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2022
Reddington:

*Long Post*

So guys it's been approximately 4yrs since I started this journey with my Redmi Note 5 Pro. I remember the buzz that came with this killer mid-ranger that year just like Redmi Note 10 pro presently, the excitement, anticipation & a lil bit of anxiety having to wait for weeks for the phone to be delivered having ordered from AE. Lol. Well it eventually did & the rest as they say was history. And I tell you what; this machine has been a very good & reliable servant & the thought of upgrading always seemed distant. Arguably the phone with the largest & strongest custom OS support anywhere. As I write, 2 of the main Whyred Telegram channels remains strong with over 5k active subscribers each. In my books, RN5Pro is up there among the greatest smartphones ever made by Xiaomi.

Coming from Samsung at the time, it was a bit of uncertainty but I can say my expectations have been considerably exceeded by Xiaomi. I rarely change phones because I don't see the point if your device remains loyal. I set out on a test mission to use my RN5 for 4yrs at least, & today that mission has been fairly accomplished. But then, any upgrade would be subject to how good the deal was ...Never in a haste to discard. And sometime last week, I was able to find that deal. Yeah. What that means was that I've finally bid farewell to my trusted servant & legend - the RN5 Pro. It's an emotional one guys cry, but it has to be done. I have a lady willing & waiting to pay a reasonable amount to have it. At 4, the phone still looks mostly new with the packet still intact, plus my GCAM got her enchanted lol. She promised to treat my legend well.. Major reason I'm selling. It's a hard one, but what needs to be done has to be done.

And so guys, it is with honour that I introduce to you my newest servant & beast... Wait for it..... The Mi 10 5G (8/256GB)! I can guess you guys are thinking... what a massive leap from RN5! Lol. Well na long story but, yeah I'm now using a Xiaomi flagship grin. So far I've been greatly impressed by this super machine; major highlights being the premium design, display quality, super efficient battery, amazing cinematic stereo speakers, chipset & of course the world-class 108MP camera sensor carefully manufactured by Samsung in collaboration with Xiaomi. I think the future looks bright with this smartphone. By now, I know my honourable pals on the Xiaomi Tweaking thread have already guessed it - and yeah, I've had the bootloader already unlocked, the annoying Global rom discarded & Xiaomi.eu rom PERMANENTLY installed (via fastboot) lol. Tell me wetin I go without that ROM.... just tell me ;DPossibly the cleanest/smoothest ROM ever made in the history of android!

The decision to go with Mi 10 5G was mostly based on the fact that it met 98% of my ever-dynamic requirements in a smartphone. Plus the deal was a good one IMO. And so, I'm once again resetting the time on this new machine.. Gonna be another 3-4yrs ride, all things being equal. Hoping to terrorize the Photography Thread once again with my new cam. atheistandproud, chariisGRACE & co.... hope say una dey ready? cheesy Once I get the time, na serious vawulence o

I will end this by thanking my good pal, genius43 for his well-informed pointers prior to this new dev, but more importantly for always being there to assist with knowledgeable responses. Boss I'm always grateful. Special thanks too to Meister for being a reliable & honest dealer. Guys, he actually made this deal possible. The whole thing was super legit, smooth & fast. You can check out his ads for some more seriously reasonable deals. Thanks too to my bro Jboixxx for always being there. The professor. A true gentleman. I hail.

Now everyone on this thread is invited to this little celebration, but I no go give anybody shishi, especially for this "top to bottom" era ... not even pure water!.. Just come, take a brief look at the beast & then bye-bye! grin

Just to put this out there tho; Xiaomi makes superb smartphones. For consumers, sometimes pattern of usage & a bit of research make the difference, but no let anybody deceive you. Use the internet prudently.

Cheers!

Congrats, Sir.
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rationalist007: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2022
rationalist007:
Experts in the house I'm having and issue with my redmi Note 9...while using it the screen sometimes become unresponsive for a second or two after then comes alive again and responds to what I pressed in quick succession...pls how do I rectify this?
Someone please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
rationalist007:
Someone please help

Check your internal storage, see if it is almost full. Free your storage space
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
olatunyemi:

It turn off even if I'm using it like right now. I don't know. It's really fustrating. I have checked Quora, and did every suggestions. Yet, it happens

Download full ROM and reinstall manually.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
Reddington:

Cheers!

Enjoy your new baby.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
23jerryking:
Wait until you'd have to restore your phone and your laptop is not with you.

Still on still the disadvantages of SD Cards are more than the advantages and I can tell you, I haven't used an SD Card in 5 years.

SD Cards have made people do factory reset meanwhile the cause of the problem is the same SD Card they are looking up to.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
aorseer:

Yes Sir, both sims are 4g and were bought less than a year ago

Can you take a picture of your R10 carton want to be sure of something.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adetomilola02: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
genius43:

Try restarting from recovery or rebooting from fastboot mode
Still same , I have wiped my data anyways.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adetomilola02: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
genius43:

Try restarting from recovery or rebooting from fastboot mode
Still same , I have wiped my data anyways.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aorseer: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
genius43:

Can you take a picture of your R10 carton want to be sure of something.
Sure

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
genius43:

Still on still the disadvantages of SD Cards are more than the advantages and I can tell you, I haven't used an SD Card in 5 years.

SD Cards have made people do factory reset meanwhile the cause of the problem is the same SD Card they are looking up to.
Yeah I understand you though, but sha that's because they lack appreciate knowledge sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
aorseer:

Sure

Surprising because my sister has this phone and she has no issues with network on both MTN and Glo which she uses.

When you Dail *#*#4636#*#*

Try choosing LTE Only let us see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shrimpss: 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
Reddington:

*Long Post*

Coming from Samsung at the time, it was a bit of uncertainty but I can say my expectations have been considerably exceeded by Xiaomi. I rarely change phones because I don't see the point if your device remains loyal. I set out on a test mission to use my RN5 for 4yrs at least, & today that mission has been fairly accomplished. But then, any upgrade would be subject to how good the deal was ...Never in a haste to discard. And sometime last week, I was able to find that deal. Yeah. What that means was that I've finally bid farewell to my trusted servant & legend - the RN5 Pro. It's an emotional one guys cry, but it has to be done. I have a lady willing & waiting to pay a reasonable amount to have it. At 4, the phone still looks mostly new with the packet still intact, plus my GCAM got her enchanted lol. She promised to treat my legend well.. Major reason I'm selling. It's a hard one, but what needs to be done has to be done.

Cheers!
at what price did you get it for
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abatically(m): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
Decided to retire my galaxy A70 of over 3 yrs. Just joined to Xiaomi community with the Xiaomi 11T. Loving it so far, very smooth, amazing display and decent camera. Lots of smart features too. But I won't lie, MIUI is still trailing behind oneui in terms of features. MIUI has some really good features too and they have really done well not to include too many bloatwares in this one.

Dimensity 1200 is very good for gaming, handles everything thrown at it like a champ at higher settings, no lags. Battery life makes me realize how poor the battery on my A70 is, and I love the 67w charger, I don't even worry when my phone is low since I know a 10 min charge will give me emough juice to keep me going.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rationalist007: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
saky18:

Check your internal storage, see if it is almost full. Free your storage space
. I still have 45gb of storage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
Reddington:

*Long Post*

Cheers!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jidaiski(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
Please guys I need to buy redmi note 9s battery BN55,and how much should i be saving for it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
Babaalajo:
please is it advisable to use 32gb memory card on redmi 8a 32gb 2gb ram, I need Extra space on the phone...
come and buy original SanDisk 32gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dumartz: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
Evening fam, i never had issues flashing roms via twrp, O.fox, with RN5, 7, 9, but i noticed on RN11 android 11/12 flashing roms is like mission impossible cry always end up with failed to mount storage, invalid argument etc. i have watched several YouTube videos to fix but it ends up on bootloop to twrp recovery or stock recovery & d only way out is to wipe data or tru xiaomi flash tool by loosing all data, internal storage. Is it bcoz dir is no official recovery for RN11 Genius43, Gptech, Olayinkajnr GrandMufti??

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
olatunyemi:

Baba, I'm frustrated by my hotspot on note 11 pro going off on its own.i have checked everything and it's the same

Have you checked for any recent update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gameboy727(m): 1:36am On Aug 29, 2022
Please help me oo. After updating my poco x3 pro to android 12 my mtn network just vanished. How do I rectify this please?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:44am On Aug 29, 2022
Dumartz:
Evening fam, i never had issues flashing roms via twrp, O.fox, with RN5, 7, 9, but i noticed on RN11 android 11/12 flashing roms is like mission impossible cry always end up with failed to mount storage, invalid argument etc. i have watched several YouTube videos to fix but it ends up on bootloop to twrp recovery or stock recovery & d only way out is to wipe data or tru xiaomi flash tool by loosing all data, internal storage. Is it bcoz dir is no official recovery for RN11 Genius43, Gptech, Olayinkajnr GrandMufti??

There is a thread for this take it there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:45am On Aug 29, 2022
gameboy727:
Please help me oo. After updating my poco x3 pro to android 12 my mtn network just vanished. How do I rectify this please?

Force restart your device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gameboy727(m): 6:56am On Aug 29, 2022
genius43:

Force restart your device
Yes it worked. Thank you very much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2022
gameboy727:

Yes it worked. Thank you very much.

You are welcome.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tessy990(m): 10:14am On Aug 29, 2022
stephinnoyewole:
Has anyone updated their redmi note 9s to miui 13, be it stock or eu stable custom ROM?
Thanks

Yes, it's global rom I'm using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by epospiky(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2022
Celmatador:

Will you sell for 3k?

no sir. far from it

(1) (2) (3) ... (9004) (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.