Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9420718 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9076) (9077) (9078) (9079) (9080) (9081) (9082) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2022
boblawson:
I am sorry to bring this up here but I need clarification..

I referred a colleague of mine to get redmi A1+ due to her tight budget.

During the camera testing I noticed images was upside down and I thought it was due to software which could be solved by factory reset and I didn't pay attention to it.

The next day she went back to the company that sold her the phone for exchange, but they told her to wait for the engineer to confirm first, and the engineer wasn't around.

Third day the engineer came and did a factory reset and confirm it has hardware issue which is from the camera sensor.

4th day she was told only thing there could do was to send the phone to Carlcare.

On the 5th she didn't come work.
On the 6th day, she gave them the phone and they took it to their Carlcare..
Now she says she doesn't want the current phone(A1+) which will be repaired ,that they should give her a new phone or she adds cash to get another..
The company declined the offer and she's still adamant of not taking back the previous product...

Please I need your input on how to go about this, because I also take blame for referring her.

Thanks

See wahala o. cry shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by netzro(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
micxwell:
See wahala o. cry shocked
wahala no dey finish

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheSoothSayer(m): 12:45am On Dec 13, 2022
boblawson:

During the camera testing I noticed images was upside down and I thought it was due to software which could be solved by factory reset and I didn't pay attention to it.

The next day she went back to the company that sold her the phone for exchange, but they told her to wait for the engineer to confirm first, and the engineer wasn't around.

Third day the engineer came and did a factory reset and confirm it has hardware issue which is from the camera sensor.

4th day she was told only thing there could do was to send the phone to Carlcare.

Now she says she doesn't want the current phone(A1+) which will be repaired ,that they should give her a new phone or she adds cash to get another..
The company declined the offer and she's still adamant of not taking back the previous product...

Please I need your input on how to go about this, because I also take blame for referring her.

Thanks

Ofcourse you'll share the blame, typical woman. As if you are Xiaomi that produced the phone.

What you should have done is, next time order online from jumia. You have 14 days return grace. Very active grace, they will refund your money in days. You can choose to then buy another phone.

Calcare can't give her a new phone unless the old one is totally bad, I think. Make she accept the repair, or not.

Bone her, ẹ no concern you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martyns200(m): 5:57am On Dec 13, 2022
Good day house, my redmi 8 phone suddenly stopped reflecting my sim despite being in the sim tray. Most times i had to use d phone as a wifi device to be able to browse with it by putting hotspot on from my other phone. Also the gps malfunctions whenever i use the google map. The phone is over 2years now. Can this issues be fixed easily or i get a new phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:22am On Dec 13, 2022
martyns200:
Good day house, my redmi 8 phone suddenly stopped reflecting my sim despite being in the sim tray. Most times i had to use d phone as a wifi device to be able to browse with it by putting hotspot on from my other phone. Also the gps malfunctions whenever i use the google map. The phone is over 2years now. Can this issues be fixed easily or i get a new phone?

Your Network IC is faulty.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2022
boblawson:

Thanks

I always ensure that I let you know that you are liable for your choices especially if I have hinged that your budget is not sufficient for something tangible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martyns200(m): 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
genius43:

Your Network IC is faulty.

Can u refer me to who can fix it and what of the gps that tells me connection lost immediately i launch google map
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
martyns200:

Can u refer me to who can fix it and what of the gps that tells me connection lost immediately i launch google map

I don't know of GPS but solve one problem first.

Try Igemburg.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CovenantCee: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2022
Anyone with an idea of a Xiaomi 5G enabled phone I can get with budget of 150k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunnypresh11: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
A month old mi12s ultra 12gb 512gb available for #600k
BOX, charger, case all available
Delta state call or WhatsApp me 08135061968
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GideonG(m): 12:29am On Dec 14, 2022
Hello guys my Redmi 10 2022 fell down on the interlock that broke the screen, I took it to the where I purchased it for a suggestion of what to do with the hope of anything close to warranty, I was told that it will be taken to Kano and the repair cost ₦38500. I bought the phone on the 1st of August this year in Gombe, now what I can do? I have to manifest 40k now to fix it. Only God knows how I can come with that now.
Any suggestion or idea would be greatly appreciated because I don't really know what to do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:17am On Dec 14, 2022
sunnypresh11:
A month

You are not new here and you should know the No advert rule.

Please let us all be guided.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:21am On Dec 14, 2022
GideonG:
Hello guys my Redmi 10 2022 fell down on the interlock that broke the screen, I took it to the where I purchased it for a suggestion of what to do with the hope of anything close to warranty, I was told that it will be taken to Kano and the repair cost ₦38500. I bought the phone on the 1st of August this year in Gombe, now what I can do? I have to manifest 40k now to fix it. Only God knows how I can come with that now.
Any suggestion or idea would be greatly appreciated because I don't really know what to do

But you do know that there is no way you will get that fixed free of charge. Because even if you bought it today and 30 mins later such an incident happened you will still have to pay for a screen change.

You have 2 options before you.
1. You pay the 38500 to fix it from official service centre

2. You source the display(Full panel) yourself and take it to a competent phone repairer to replace for you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2022
GideonG:
are you not using screen guard
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GideonG(m): 7:17am On Dec 14, 2022
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
are you not using screen guard
I am using screen guard the phone just fell on an edge of interllocks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GideonG(m): 7:19am On Dec 14, 2022
genius43:

But you do know that there is no way you will get that fixed free of charge. Because even if you bought it today and 30 mins later such an incident happened you will still have to pay for a screen change.

2. You source the display(Full panel) yourself and take it to a competent phone repairer to replace for you.

Thank you very much for your candid advice.
I will manifest the money and repair it no matter the challenge.
I appreciate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etibaba(m): 8:33am On Dec 14, 2022
Any idea how i can fix this? Even if i reboot it's still the same.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2022
etibaba:
Any idea how i can fix this? Even if i reboot it's still the same.

The fix is in the screenshot shared. Or you delete some of your data to have enough free space.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eryk007(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2022
MikeMicheal:
Best option is to replace the dead board/panel, which can be as costly as half the price of the phone.
You can take it to service centre as someone above recommended, but that is what they will still say.
Thanks boss went to raya store and was told it was the board that was faulty and the board was 85k.
Anyone one interested in buying the scrap of redmi note 9 the screen has no scratches and battery is still in top condition
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by modupsie(f): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2022
Hello all,
Please I will like to find If one can use Xiaomi phones in UK and Canada?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MikeMicheal(m): 10:21am On Dec 14, 2022
Eryk007:

Thanks boss went to raya store and was told it was the board that was faulty and the board was 85k.
Anyone one interested in buying the scrap of redmi note 9 the screen has no scratches and battery is still in top condition
Jezoz! 85K for board!
How much is now the new phone? grin

They are just indirectly telling you to go buy another phone. lol
Cos normally that board no suppose pass 45K (highest)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2022
genius43:

The Screen is just a little over $20 on AliExpress, if you're not in too much or a hurry then you order from there and take to a good repairer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by youngWilly: 11:27am On Dec 14, 2022
Pls which redmi phone can i get wit 40-50k (uk used or original )
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 11:35am On Dec 14, 2022
Anyone know how I can fix this?
I've been trying to reinstall MIUI13 update manually on my Redmi N9s since it's been laggy recently. But the system keeps saying I ain't allowed to download unofficial ROM.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2022
Meister:

The Screen is just a little over $20 on AliExpress, if you're not in too much or a hurry then you order from there and take to a good repairer

That will always be my option. Service centres be doing the most.

He can meet people like macbeyland, noobodyand co self to help him source for a AAA+ display.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2022
Meister:

Service center too would order from china na grin,thats why it takes like 3 weeks in some cases to fix broken screens.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
noobody:

Service center too would order from china na grin,thats why it takes like 3 weeks in some cases to fix broken screens.

That's even true which means it'll be better for him to just order himself instead of dashing them money

genius43:

That will always be my option. Service centres be doing the most.

He can meet people like macbey.land, noobodyand co self to help him source for a AAA+ display.

Yeah that's the best option
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iksman2002(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Reddington:
End of an Era. A Tribute to a Legend & a Warm Welcome to a New Giant grin

Boss greetings, please I want to know how you changed/upgraded your ROM via fastboot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iksman2002(m): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
Eryk007:

Please send me pictures, I'll like to buy.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eryk007(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
MikeMicheal:
Jezoz! 85K for board!
How much is now the new phone? grin

They are just indirectly telling you to go buy another phone. lol
Cos normally that board no suppose pass 45K (highest)
Lol yes o and I bought the phone 81k if its was like that 45k I for close eye fix am

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eryk007(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
iksman2002:

Please send me pictures, I'll like to buy.
Thanks
OK boss message me on WhatsApp at 08143210082
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
iksman2002:

Boss greetings, please I want to know how you changed/upgraded your ROM via fastboot.
Let's move to Tweaking thread or better still, send DM

(1) (2) (3) ... (9076) (9077) (9078) (9079) (9080) (9081) (9082) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.