Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9230670 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
Letlovelead213:

The abbreviation for redmi 10 is RN10 right??

I want to know about the redmi 10 as I am going for it since my budget suits it. What are the things I should be prepared for in order not to wail later brother pls tell me that’s all I ask

Redmi 10 is different from Redmi Note 10.

Take note, they're not the same thing. There's even 2 Redmi 10. Redmi 10 (original) and Redmi 10 (2022).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
tonyson010:

i will say that 3years is not too long if quality is seriously considered.

I upgraded my RN8 from Android 9 to 11 3days ago. now my phone is taking forever to charge. it also discharge quicker but SLIGHTLY RELATIVELY faster which is acceptable.
not a fan of MIUI as I have been using Smart launcher since the 1st month I bought it in 2020.

Now, I need to fix it, whole searching for Poco F3 which is on my mind or good Snapdragon with 5G.

Maybe your battery is just worn out and needs to be changed ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
celestial1:
NEVER IN MY LIFE I WILL NEVER BUY MIDRANGE REDMI AGAIN,I BOUGHT MY REDMI NOTE NEW SUDDENLY ITS START OFF AND ON, THEN I TAKE IT TO RAYA CARE TODAY,I WAS TOLD TO CHANGE PANEL IS # 87,000 LIKE I WANT TO BUY NEW PHONE,ALL THE ENGINEER I GAVE TO REPAIR IT AT COMPUTER VILLAGE REJECTED IT THEY CAN'T EVEN FLASH IT,NOW I LOSE ALL MY DATA,NOW I'M SIGN OUT FROM REDMI THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT

Oga bring your phone let's check it jor, don't come and spoil market for our lovely Redmi.

Some of us have known xaiomi products since the days of Redmi 2 and still relevant to us abeg

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lawalmd(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
celestial1:
NEVER IN MY LIFE I WILL NEVER BUY MIDRANGE REDMI AGAIN,I BOUGHT MY REDMI NOTE NEW SUDDENLY ITS START OFF AND ON, THEN I TAKE IT TO RAYA CARE TODAY,I WAS TOLD TO CHANGE PANEL IS # 87,000 LIKE I WANT TO BUY NEW PHONE,ALL THE ENGINEER I GAVE TO REPAIR IT AT COMPUTER VILLAGE REJECTED IT THEY CAN'T EVEN FLASH IT,NOW I LOSE ALL MY DATA,NOW I'M SIGN OUT FROM REDMI THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT

Oga calm down, my redmi 10C had a network issue in march and Raya care said i need to change board for 76k, i was furious and gave the phone to my 2 years old son as toy then later i called a friend in computer village if a solution could be found for it and he said yes, network IC needs to be changed, i took the phone to him and honestly he tried 3 different engineers and the 3rd one said he can fix it but at a reasonable cost of 35k, that's still better than Raya care price, by the next day i got a video of the phone working and connected to network, i was delighted and the phone has been working without issue since then.
the engineers are knowledgeable than each other, probably those you approached don't know about your issue, if you know another good engineer try again.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
Lawalmd:

Oga calm down, my redmi 10C had a network issue in march and Raya care said i need to change board for 76k, i was furious and gave the phone to my 2 years old son as toy then later i called a friend in computer village if a solution could be found for it and he said yes, network IC needs to be changed, i took the phone to him and honestly he tried 3 different engineers and the 3rd one said he can fix it but at a reasonable cost of 35k, that's still better than Raya care price, by the next day i got a video of the phone working and connected to network, i was delighted and the phone has been working without issue since then.
the engineers are knowledgeable than each other, probably those you approached don't know about your issue, if you know another good engineer try again.

Insincerity amongst repairers is getting worse these days. It is sad a place like Raya that is supposed to be professional is a henchman in the act. They prey on the ignorance of people to fleece them. The worse is they will still use an uncollected part to fix another device(Let me leave this table).

Knowledge once again is wealth. Na person wey no know road dey loss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by captainjay(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
Still expecting your reply Genius43 [quote author=captainjay post=122766085]@ Genius, how far bro. I bought my first redmi note 5 from you in UniABj a long time ago, I have used a Redmi Note 8 and presently I am using a Note 10 Pro for more than 2 yrs now. I wanted to upgrade to Redmi 12 Pro 5G recently but just saw a redmi note 13 Pro review and I think I should go for it. What's your take on that? And is the Note 13 Pro available in Nigeria now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
captainjay:
@ Genius, how far bro. I bought my first redmi note 5 from you in UniABj a long time ago, I have used a Redmi Note 8 and presently I am using a Note 10 Pro for more than 2 yrs now. I wanted to upgrade to Redmi 12 Pro 5G recently but just saw a redmi note 13 Pro review and I think I should go for it. What's your take on that? And is the Note 13 Pro available in Nigeria now?

First of all it is a lie that you bought a RN5 from me because I don't sell phones and I never schooled or did business in Uniabuja. I also finished school long before there was a RN5.

Secondly there is no phone like Redmi Note 13 Pro and Redmi 12 Pro.

Learn to differentiate between the Redmi Line and Xiaomi Line.

What we have currently in the Xiaomi space released this year is the ever growing Redmi Note 12 series and on Xiaomi part is the Xiaomi 13 series(13 lite, 13, 13 Pro and the 13 Ultra).

The Xiaomi 13 is the more premium offerings from Xiaomi and they don't come cheap.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Letlovelead213: 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
atheistandproud:

Take note, they're not the same thing. There's even 2 Redmi 10. Redmi 10 (original) and Redmi 10 (2022).

How do I identify between the two of them??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
Letlovelead213:

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10247&idPhone2=11060

Meanwhile I doubt you can get a brand new RN10 today.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horluwahighdee(m): 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
I have a budget of 100k which Redmi mid range device can I opt for , I mean new!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Letlovelead213:

It's written on the box.

If I were you, I'll jejely go and buy RN12 4G
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shady92(m): 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
Oboy na heavy user you be ooo. But i trust xiaomi sha
atheistandproud:

And I've been using my Redmi Note 9 Pro since 2020 and it's still running. It's not just running alone. It's shooting YouTube videos and editing, it's blogging and doing HTML, it's managing multiple social media pages, playing PUBG, eFootball, CoDM, Fortnite etc. It's running PS1 and PS2 emulators, streaming and casting to a flat screen from as far as 10M away.

If we're to go further back, Redmi Go that I bought for a family member in 2019 is still running okay. Nothing has been replaced.

Some people no sabi use phones. Before the issue serious, we advised this brother to go change e battery. If he had been active on this channel, he'll know what we've been saying about RAYA and their repair tactics. Worst still if na IC, make e contact Igemburg.

I bought my phone the same time that he did. Mine's on Android 12 now all the way up from 10 and still firing on all fronts.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Letlovelead213: 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
atheistandproud:

It's written on the box.

If I were you, I'll jejely go and buy RN12 4G

If I see RN 9 and Redmi 10, which one is better in terms of gaming and fast browsing with no lagging pls cus na my fear for Android be that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 1:05am On Apr 28, 2023
Pls how can i get the original charging port board for ginkgo. The new one im using is causing weak network signal. Sometimes it shows No service at all. Is it possible to get original one.?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:08am On Apr 28, 2023
Letlovelead213:

If I see RN 9 and Redmi 10, which one is better in terms of gaming and fast browsing with no lagging pls cus na my fear for Android be that

You don't want to spend money and you are afraid of Lagging. This is the exact issues we talk about.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 5:01am On Apr 28, 2023
FavoredbyGOD:

New or used

Brand New.

I'm seriously looking for a new Redmi note 10pro 6gb to buy.
I don't know why it's soo difficult to find
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 5:04am On Apr 28, 2023
DestinyToRule:

4get tracking it waste money n time. Go spiritual instead u will tank ur star u did.

I don't know why I find this funny. cheesy
Have you ever actually seen "spiritual tracking" that worked?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 5:04am On Apr 28, 2023
Please guys I begging you guys, help me find where to buy Redmi note 10 pro 6g. It's the perfect phone for my budget of 150k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:31am On Apr 28, 2023
kofimoses:
Please guys I begging you guys, help me find where to buy Redmi note 10 pro 6g. It's the perfect phone for my budget of 150k.

If the 8GB 128GB is 175k what gives you the impression you will see the 6GB that is scarce if not out of production for 150k?

Be realistic with your expectations. The last release for the global market for the RN10 Pro last year was the 8/256GB variant.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jiggar(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2023
Personally, I feel whenever someone buys something with his/her hard earned money, he/she has every right to complain about it whatsoever.

I don't think it's out of place to shout and scream over your sweat, especially the way SAPA has almost colonized almost all Nigerians. And, in this case, buying a Xiaomi device in this our harsh economy.

I could be wrong though, but I have seen a lot of people taking good care of their phones, because money is very hard to come by.

I have said it here before, I've been using my Redmi Note 5 Pro for over 4 years now, aside the Vibrator motor which died on me 3 years ago (it didn't fall, it just died), nothing is wrong with the phone till date.

But to come out and defend any phone brand, when it's my money increasing their revenues, I'll never defend anyone.

Let your Product sell itself.

If it's good, people will advertise massively for you, and if bad, well... we know the rest.

If Xiaomi keeps up with good phones, if I have the money, I'll buy. But if they decide to drop quality, I MUEVE.

I can't be the owner of the money and be scared to complain, no way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2023
genius43:

If the 8GB 128GB is 175k what gives you the impression you will see the 6GB that is scarce if not out of production for 150k?

Be realistic with your expectations. The last release for the global market for the RN10 Pro last year was the 8/256GB variant.

Maybe him dey find used one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kasillars(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2023
Please, can you recommend a good Xiaomi phone not more than 150k
Igemburg:

Oga bring your phone let's check it jor, don't come and spoil market for our lovely Redmi.

Some of us have known xaiomi products since the days of Redmi 2 and still relevant to us abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phonedoctor: 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
ajericho:
where's your base?
ikeja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frisky008(m): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
Godday everyone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frisky008(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Try Aliexpress but you will have to use virtual dollar card to get it. Check this store YouGeek Store
kofimoses:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Incredible128: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
Even if he sees one on AliExpress, I strongly doubt that budget will be able to get it considering the price of dollar now
frisky008:
Try Aliexpress but you will have to use virtual dollar card to get it. Check this store YouGeek Store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by udysweet(f): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
genius43:

First of all it is a lie that you bought a RN5 from me because I don't sell phones and I never schooled or did business in Uniabuja. I also finished school long before there was a RN5.

Secondly there is no phone like Redmi Note 13 Pro and Redmi 12 Pro.

Learn to differentiate between the Redmi Line and Xiaomi Line.

What we have currently in the Xiaomi space released this year is the ever growing Redmi Note 12 series and on Xiaomi part is the Xiaomi 13 series(13 lite, 13, 13 Pro and the 13 Ultra).

The Xiaomi 13 is the more premium offerings from Xiaomi and they don't come cheap.
grin
You can be quite harsh with your responses. Let me be saving up while waiting to see If Xiaomi 13 Pro will come out before my RN 10 gives up on me cry
I'm still considering the update, saw a colleague update his android phone the other day and right before us it began to malfunction. Aside from getting hot(gives warnings when I try to take pictures Wch I do alot that flash,wifi , GPS etc will shut down), memory issues, I'm still very ok with my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
udysweet:

grin
You can be quite harsh with your responses. Let me be saving up while waiting to see If Xiaomi 13 Pro will come out before my RN 10 gives up on me cry
I'm still considering the update, saw a colleague update his android phone the other day and right before us it began to malfunction. Aside from getting hot(gives warnings when I try to take pictures Wch I do alot that flash,wifi , GPS etc will shut down), memory issues, I'm still very ok with my phone

There is Xiaomi 13 Pro with your over 600k you can get one.

Macbeyland has the 13 Ultra for pre-order if you prefer that with the base model north of 740k.

Kaji ko?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
atheistandproud:

Sorry to deviate a little chief.

In the real world sense, does geekbench score matters and should one really pay mind to it when choosing a device?

I saw a Mediatek Dimensity 9000 slightly outperform a Snapdragon 8 gen 1, on on hands comparison but the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 has the higher geekbench score? What's your take?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2023
genius43:

E never ready lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
Broskyjames:
Sorry to deviate a little chief.

In the real world sense, does geekbench score matters and should one really pay mind to it when choosing a device?

I saw a Mediatek Dimensity 9000 slightly outperform a Snapdragon 8 gen 1, on on hands comparison but the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 has the higher geekbench score? What's your take?

Hands on comparison based on?

You do realize that these so called comparisons can be scripted right?

The reason why benchmark tests are important is because they're standardized and are issued by a trusted authority. Not some random person.

They're supposed to be used as a sort of guide or pointer. This is because the test scores may vary due to RAM type/size, software on board, internal storage type, external temperature, heating/throttling etc. Then there's also SoC optimization and developer/software optimization too to consider which impact SoC performance.

A benchmark is only supposed to give you an idea of the performance range of an SoC.

So I know that an SoC that can give any performance around 1700 (multi core) is going to be more than decent e.g SD720G or SD732G. Anything that can consistently belt out a better score like 1800 e.g SD4 Gen 1 would perform even better. You think in certain range, rather than a certain score because these are subject to fluctuations and variations.

But many people are always looking the BEST which is rather laughable. You mentioned the D9000 and SD8 Gen 1. See screenshot below.

To answer your question, Benchmarks are based on real world performance but think about it in ranges. Use them as a tool to locate SoCs within a certain performance range rather than looking for the best or highest.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/11/24/what-is-a-benchmark/

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Entanglement: 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2023
celestial1:
I bought it immediately it comes out 2020 and now Lose all my picture and data, all engineer in computer village dey reject it even to repair it
phone you used for 3yrs plus you dey complain like this undecided
How your brain dey function self?
You won use this phone for 1000yrs neh? undecided
If no be poverty dey worry some of Una, ideally once you don use phone for 2yrs. Start thinking of buying another phone, but poverty no go allow Una.
Come here dey make unnecessary complains

(1) (2) (3) ... (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.