Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9358681 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9204) (9205) (9206) (9207) (9208) (9209) (9210) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
omasanbobo:
I remember when nothing phone 1 came out every YouTuber channel was hailing it as the iPhone killer until i watched a side by side comparison with an iPhone, na so i weak like over ripe bole grin
lol, e dey always tire me. Is like comparing a rolls to a Honda then you call the Honda a rolls killer because both of them can drive... And to be honest i can't even tell you why a rolls is better than Honda but you gotta buy a rolls to find out the answer yourself

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
@dvkot

Emulation is bridging the gap between consoles and smartphones.

The Switch, PS2, PS1, Wii U, Dreamcast etc are all running on smartphones. Next up is PS3, but they're still working on it.

Smartphones will catch up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd7557M99Ws
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
lol, e dey always tire me. Is like comparing a rolls to a Honda then you call the Honda a rolls killer because both of them can drive... And to be honest i can't even tell you why a rolls is better than Honda but you gotta buy a rolls to find out the answer yourself
Lol grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
when you learn how to debate i will respond to you pathetic like a reasonable person i will respond to you

Lol calm down grin grin grin

I'm not debating with you. I'm just telling you that the comparison you made no go anywhere at all, regardless of whatever point you were trying to make.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:
@dvkot

The Switch, PS2, PS1, Wii U, Dreamcast etc are all running on smartphones. Next up is PS3, but they're still working on it.

Instead running games via emulator i go just buy console na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:
@dvkot

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
omasanbobo:

With an emulator, all you need is your phone and controller.

With a console, you'll need:

1. A TV or monitor
2. Electricity
3. Wires for TV to console connection (AV, RF or HDMI)

Emulators are very convenient and can be taken with you on the go. A lot of them output better graphics than the OG consoles.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:

Lol calm down grin grin grin

I'm not debating with you. I'm just telling you that the comparison you made no go anywhere at all, regardless of whatever point you were trying to make.
you can make your point without being high on colos

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
omasanbobo:

smartphone will never perform like a console thay are built differently

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:

The Spark 10 Pro is on the level of the Redmi 12 and 12c, not even the Redmi Note 12 or 12S, na you come dey call F5.

Even the F2 will take the 10 Pro to the cleaners and back, twice on a Wednesday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wahalaO(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
omasanbobo:

I remember when this phone came out, it has one of the best camera system in any android smartphone at the time, even now, the nokia x6 camera outperforms every redmi entry level and midrange camera system in the market.

Too bad things were haywire... Nokia was really going somewhere, things just fell apart.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:

The Spark 10 Pro is on the level of the Redmi 12 and 12c, not even the Redmi Note 12 or 12S, na you come dey call F5.

Even the F2 will take the 10 Pro to the cleaners and back, twice on a Wednesday.
i made that comparison based on what someone here said
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
wahalaO:

Too bad things were haywire... Nokia was really going somewhere, things just fell apart.
android killed them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
smartphone will never perform like a console thay are built differently

Actually they can and they have been performing at a good level for a while now.

Just like PCs, it's your hardware that will determine your playability and experience. If you carry Spark 10 Pro say you wan go emulate PS2 or Nintendo Switch, hot tears will await you.

But if it's PS1 or Nintendo 64 or even Sega Genesis, ehen then you'll flex the gameplay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
i made that comparison based on what someone here said

I see 🤔
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:

With an emulator, all you need is your phone and controller.

With a console, you'll need:

1. A TV or monitor
2. Electricity
3. Wires for TV to console connection (AV, RF or HDMI)

Emulators are very convenient and can be taken with you on the go. A lot of them output better graphics than the OG consoles.
Long story. I'll rather get a console.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
omasanbobo:

Long story. I'll rather get a console.

Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:

Actually they can and they have been performing at a good level for a while now.

Just like PCs, it's your hardware that will determine your playability and experience. If you carry Spark 10 Pro say you wan go emulate PS2 or Nintendo Switch, hot tears will await you.

But if it's PS1 or Nintendo 64 or even Sega Genesis, ehen then you'll flex the gameplay.
oboy.. I don't think you know how powerful a game console is
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wahalaO(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
omasanbobo:

Nice! but these phones de reliable?

Reliability, for where? cheesy Let's be realistic, na phone we dey talk o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kaido: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
23jerryking:
How about Poweramp? I use it on my redmi 10C. but it's 1k on play store though
I have installed it. Got the cracked version Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wahalaO(m): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
android killed them
It's sad. Now they're just dishing out weak midrangers and entry level phones cry, and I like Nokia that time cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
When you are able to go a full day gaming on mobile let me know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
oboy.. I don't think you know how powerful a game console is

Who says I don't.

Consoles vary in strength depending on the hardware used.

Any 32-bit entry level to lower Midrange smartphone can easily emulate game consoles from the 5th and 6th generation of Video Game consoles.

Where we start seeing real power is from the 7th generation (XBox 360 and PS3) to the present day (excluding Nintendo's hybrid consoles).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
wahalaO:

It's sad. Now they're just dishing out weak midrangers and entry level phones cry, and I like Nokia that time cry

It's not Nokia that's dishing out lower midrangers. It's a company called HMD Global. They're only borrowing the Nokia brand name to sell their toys. The real Nokia only does 5G network connection now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
When you are able to go a full day gaming on mobile let me know

If a phone has access to the same power supply that a console has, why would it?

Can a console run without being plugged in to electricity? A phone can.

Both will over heat the same way. The only difference is that a console has a fan and phone doesn't although there's cheap add ons (small cooling fans) that one could easily get and install.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
wahalaO:

i enjoy games on nokia symbia than android, android is just boring for game... I miss my Nokia ngage, e75, xpress music.. Gaming was fun in those days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:

If a phone has access to the same power supply that a console has, why would it?

Can a console run without being plugged in to electricity? A phone can.

Both will over heat the same way. The only difference is that a console has a fan and phone doesn't although there's cheap add ons (small cooling fans) that one could easily get and install.
nah.. I'm not gonna argue this with you bro.
What's the best game you can get on a mobile?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
wahalaO:

They lost it. See this useless phone (picture below) with 28 nanometre uniscoc processor with 2/32 gigs of ram and rom is sold for 75k. Feels like the nokia CEO was high on low quality meth.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
wahalaO:

Reliability, for where? cheesy Let's be realistic, na phone we dey talk o
I hear say poco series de get panel issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
dvkot:
nah.. I'm not gonna argue this with you bro.
What's the best game you can get on a mobile?

Most native Android games are trash. Everyone knows that.

But the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (Nintendo Switch version) runs on Android and it is miles ahead of any Android game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u--xCiNOCvk

The best game you can get on mobile is the best game that your phone can emulate.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wahalaO(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
atheistandproud:

It's not Nokia that's dishing out lower midrangers. It's a company called HMD Global. They're only borrowing the Nokia brand name to sell their toys. The real Nokia only does 5G network connection now.

Ah, I've heard that. HMD global not trying atall with their releases 🤦🏻‍♂️

(1) (2) (3) ... (9204) (9205) (9206) (9207) (9208) (9209) (9210) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.