Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9312743 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9306) (9307) (9308) (9309) (9310) (9311) (9312) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ItzEminence(m): 8:35am On Apr 11
Good morning house...
Please all of a sudden my second phone, Redmi 8
Stopped connecting to Wifi/hotspot and another phone can't search and see my own hotspot.
What might be the issue please?
Though month ago, I changed the battery and screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:31am On Apr 11
Iyobo008:
I want to upgrade on my RN10 PRO this year. I have been checking out these 3 phones:
Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G
Poco X6 and
Poco F5
I don't care about camera. Just every day uses like performance and battery. Please which is more idea?

Poco F5 or wait for Poco F6.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:32am On Apr 11
Seyilome:
Boss Genius43 , I am buying mi 11 tomorrow, hope it is a good buy ?. Thanks. I am not doing redmi things

It is a good buy. But if you can afford the Xiaomi 12 better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11
genius43:

Thanks boss, I can't afford mi 12 for now. I will stick with mi 11 for now at least a year if possible.I am OK with the SD888, PS2 Emulator here I come grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 3:36pm On Apr 11
genius43:

Any idea for the current market price for Xiaomi 12. New and UK used. Abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11
sandammy:

Any idea for the current market price for Xiaomi 12. New and UK used. Abeg

New may be hard to get for used you can ask Meister if he have an idea on pricing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11
genius43:

New may be hard to get for used you can ask Meister if he have an idea on pricing
Alright. Thanks boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11
Seyilome:

Thanks boss, I can't afford mi 12 for now. I will stick with mi 11 for now at least a year if possible.I am OK with the SD888, PS2 Emulator here I come grin

Boss if and when u do get it please drop review..
I plan on getting either that or the 11T pro.

But the words online is that the SD888 IS a heating machine..even on low usage.. I just need real world experience..also how much did u get as quote.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pepe1: 6:58pm On Apr 11
Rapsowdee01:

Not better but it's not as worse as Xiaomi. Xiaomi (especially Redmi) phones have a life span of 2-3 years (4 if you're lucky)... You'll first start having issues with performance, then battery, your phone will unnecessarily get hot...
And I am still using my Redmi Note 8 that I bought in 2019 and the performance is still top notch.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pepe1: 7:01pm On Apr 11
Please I need to know how to get the best out of my 200MP camera on RN13 PRO 5G.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ygee: 7:37pm On Apr 11
Trex4:
Good day fam.

i have a kind of issue right now. My mi 9t pro since 2019 decided to give up unexpectedly. The screen is no longer reponsive, but it lights up and shows the wallpaper. But the phone doesnt respond to touch.

Went to slot and they billed me 134k for the screen. Is the price okay? im even thinking of just buying a new phone, but i need to move my files like Google authen from the old phone.

Is there a way i can access my old mi 9t pro and get the files out? maybe an app that lets me control the phone from a PC. What do you guys think? Need suggestions please.
Thanks

cc Noobody Genius43 Grandmufti

Do you wish to sell the phone as scrap boss? I need the panel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11
Mrviktor:

Boss if and when u do get it please drop review..
I plan on getting either that or the 11T pro.

But the words online is that the SD888 IS a heating machine..even on low usage.. I just need real world experience..also how much did u get as quote.
OK no pro, I will let u know, I did my research and I didn't see where there was complaint that sd888 heats, and if it does, mine won't heat.my believe is that nothing is perfect, people will always find complaints or error on anything, If I like a phone I don't read people's review cos , all what u will read there will always be bad mouthing reviews. I go for whatever I like. Mi 11 is a machine on its own.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iyobo008: 9:02pm On Apr 11
Alright boss. Just seen the spec for Poco F6, I wish there was audio jack. It's a deal breaker for me.

genius43:

Poco F5 or wait for Poco F6.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brandon180(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11
Who has upgraded his redmi 13c to hyper os?
How's the experience?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 11:25am On Apr 12
Ekiseme:
I greet una, last night my mi 11t pro went into main menu muiu recovery by itself and i was seeing options like reboot, erase data, safe mode etc, i was able to return it to normal but i noticed the volume key is malfunctioning by pressing itself and showing up on the screen, if i off and switch it on back it'll still go back to that main menu options,
Please what do i do to stop the malfunctioning volume keys ?

Bro can u give a review of your mi11t pro please.

The heating issue?
The battery?
The camera?
The screen ?
Gaming?
Etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekiseme(m): 2:45pm On Apr 12
Mrviktor:

Bro can u give a review of your mi11t pro please.

The heating issue?
The battery?
The camera?
The screen ?
Gaming?
Etc
i am not really a phone person, generally the phone is all round superb, the battery o the camera o the screen o everything.
I later noticed that my last complaint was caused by the tight tpu case i changed it.
I have never gone to an engr to repair anything since i bought it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 4:10pm On Apr 12
Ekiseme:
i am not really a phone person, generally the phone is all round superb, the battery o the camera o the screen o everything.
I later noticed that my last complaint was caused by the tight tpu case i changed it.
I have never gone to an engr to repair anything since i bought it.

Any overheating issue..like the phone getting hot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Naturaldave: 5:00pm On Apr 12
Guys, I can't seem to launch second space on my redmi note 12. Anyone with a solution should please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekiseme(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12
Mrviktor:

Any overheating issue..like the phone getting hot
yea, but not all the time, it does that when i use it heavily or forgot to remove it from the charger after it gets to 100%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donsheddy: 5:05pm On Apr 12
Bbb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 6:17pm On Apr 12
Ekiseme:
yea, but not all the time, it does that when i use it heavily or forgot to remove it from the charger after it gets to 100%

Hot like uncomfortable hot ?

And is it noticeable with a case on ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12
Mercuryb:

Thank you, that is why I came here, which is part of research, oya recommend for me

Was the overheating and battery that bad ?

Thinking of getting one oh. Omor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 2:03am On Apr 13
Mrviktor:

Was the overheating and battery that bad ?

Thinking of getting one oh. Omor
mi 11t is a good phone and no significant heating issues, that's what I'm currently using all round capable but camera sucks, mi 11 has a better camera but not significantly great.

but In terms of battery you will enjoy mi11t significantly more than mi 11

1hr COD gaming takes like 13-15% battery and it doesn't get uncomfortable hot.. just warm

Mi 11 has a more premium feel to it than mi 11t and I also will sell mine soon, I want to use a Huawei phone or RN13pro+

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:22am On Apr 13
dvkot:

I want to use a Huawei phone or RN13pro
You dont mind the downgrade in performance? I mean switching to Redmi note 13 pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:25am On Apr 13
Gptech:

You dont mind the downgrade in performance? I mean switching to Redmi note 13 pro.

I was shocked. I was thinking he will be gunning for a Xiaomi 12 or 13
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 11:04am On Apr 13
Gptech:

there is no downgrade in performance that mediatek chip is a beast if anything it's a better performance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 11:07am On Apr 13
Gptech:

it's RN 13pro+ I meant to say
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekiseme(m): 1:06pm On Apr 13
Mrviktor:

Hot like uncomfortable hot ?

And is it noticeable with a case on ?
just normal hot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlphaNugget(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
mi 11t is a good phone and no significant heating issues, that's what I'm currently using all round capable but camera sucks, mi 11 has a better camera but not significantly great.

but In terms of battery you will enjoy mi11t significantly more than mi 11

1hr COD gaming takes like 13-15% battery and it doesn't get uncomfortable hot.. just warm

Mi 11 has a more premium feel to it than mi 11t and I also will sell mine soon, I want to use a Huawei phone or RN13pro+
You no dey update your phone, still in 2021 😐
Wow 😳
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 1:42pm On Apr 13
AlphaNugget:

You no dey update your phone, still in 2021 😐
Wow 😳
Nope I don't do it.. why update when it's working fine, sometimes the news updates usually have some bugs in it. Except the update is fixing a specific issue on the phone I don't update my phone

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:57pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
there is no downgrade in performance that mediatek chip is a beast if anything it's a better performance
Oo, ok, its actually better. Seems you already made up your mind; you have your own preferences, but with that budget, my first option is definately an old flagship device, Xiaomi 12 at least. Second option will be the Poco F5. The performance of the Redmi note 13 pro+ is around the league of the snapdragon 865 in the likes of the Xiaomi Mi 10.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13
genius43:

I was shocked. I was thinking he will be gunning for a Xiaomi 12 or 13
That's the way to go for me sha. Someone using a new Redmi note 12 pro+ felt like selling it immediately he saw a Mi 10. The difference is very obvious in looks, feel, display,etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9306) (9307) (9308) (9309) (9310) (9311) (9312) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Prechy2836(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.