Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) (608 Views)

350ft Tall Artificial Waterfall On The Outside Of A Skyscraper In China(Photos) / Tree Falls At Kintampo Waterfall In Ghana, Kills 20 Students Swimming, Injure 30 / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) by ijaw1stson: 5:31pm On May 08, 2016
Nigeria is one of the most blessed countries of the world, no doubt, the natural endowments say a lot about the make up of the country.

Despite the negative perception people have about the country from other parts of the world, there are tourist destinations in the country which make the world’s most populous black nation a ‘go-to’ place for tourists; one of such places is the Olumirin Waterfall in Erin-Ijesha, Osun state.

Osun state, like several other states in Nigeria’s south west, houses one of the most natural endowments to ever come out of Africa, and the waterfall, a natural heritage of the people of the stage, gushes out from the top of a rock.
When our crew visited, the tour guide explained that there are seven different falls in the rocky area, but people are mostly unable to go beyond the first, second and third heights.

Unlike the Olumo Rock and Idanre Hills earlier visited by our team, the Olumirin waterfall does not have a fixed number of steps for climbing, hence the reluctance of people to go further than the the two falls.
And when our correspondents got to the first of the falls, there was a party going on and the people were definitely enjoying themselves.

The celebrant who identified himself simply as Tosin, noted that he had been celebrating his birthday at the natural spring for the past four years.
According to him: “I like nature and I believe coming here costs much lesser than having to use a bar, DJ, and other things required to stage a party.

“I appreciate my friends for coming around and having NAIJ.com cover this is something that means a lot to me. I feel special and celebrated today, thank you for coming around.”
At the second fall, our correspondent decided to have a feel of the water which like other important rivers in the country, has a healing power, and concludes that it has a taste of freshness.
In fact, people were seen sitting under the fall as they enjoyed the wonders of the magnificent waterfall.

Below are photos from this wonderful work of nature.

Re: Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) by Sleekydee(m): 5:33pm On May 08, 2016
who waterfall epp?
Re: Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) by ijaw1stson: 5:34pm On May 08, 2016
more

Re: Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) by ijaw1stson: 5:38pm On May 08, 2016
Sleekydee:
who waterfall epp?
ask gogglegrin
Re: Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 08, 2016
Any direct flight to the location from Lagos?

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Study In Canadian Low Tuition Universities / Things We Don't Know About The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.