Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

See What Mtn Did To Me - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / See What Mtn Did To Me (1198 Views)

What MTN Is Doing To People.this Morning Soul Call Mtn Just Block My Line After / See What GEJ Did To Save Billion Of Naira For Nigeria Through Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Mtn Did To Me by otubujohn(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2016
Hello Nigerians, please this is a very serious issue I want to talk about.
I recharged my mtn sim last week and saw a notification from mtn telling me about the mtn surprise plan, costing 2000NGN for 3.75GB. On the 5th, I subscribed to this plan by sending 106 to 131.(Cannot really recall if the code is correct cos I sent it from my torchlight Nokia which is no longer with me now). I was able to use it all through 5th to about 6pm on the 6th. Since then I have been unable to access the net with the sim card. However the sim miraculously browsed for 30mins (11pm to 11:30pm) on 6th, 7th of this month. I have called mtn customer and I am really tired. My money would not go like that, that is why I am putting it here hoping the appropriate authorities will respond. I have called customer care to the extent that I have been attended to twice by the same person. I have called damilola who advised I dial *131*201# and do a hard reset. I did that, nothing changed. I called Eniola, who asked me to wait while she connects me to a particular department I cannot remember, she placed me on hold for about 30mins, after which the call ended. I called another one and asked if it was a night plan, and he told me it was not a night plan. I called many of them, mostly, they claim they were transferring my details to the "technical department", all these to no avail. I don't know who and Where else to lay this complaint. I beg on the authorities here to help me broadcast this to as far as it can get. let me answer the questions mtn customer care agents always ask. just incase they need the answers to resolve the issue.
My number is 08067701917.
I live in Delta and my name is John.
when I try to browse, it takes forever. not even a whatsapp message, not even a byte.
All other mtn Sims are working well. I am even using my brothers mtn line to post this.
when I dial *131*4# to check data balance, I still have about 3282mb remaining.
I have transferred the sim to a tab, another phone. yet it does not browse.
I have done hard reset, *131*200# , *131*201#, sent "DATA ON" to 131. I have done everything.
I am begging MTN in the name of God, please if you cannot resolve it, refund my 2k so I sell it and subscribe on another sim. Abeg na beg I dey

cc: seun lalasticlala

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by finalboss1(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2016
heya...maybe dey reduced the speed throttling of dah package
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by otubujohn(m): 7:20pm On May 08, 2016
I don't like this at all. it's very annoying. I really want my cash back if you cannot resolve the issue
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by otubujohn(m): 7:24pm On May 08, 2016
from what they are saying, I have been able to understand that they don't have a solution to it.
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by ammyluv2002(f): 7:27pm On May 08, 2016
That's MTN for you
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by Godfullsam(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2016
Sorry John, i know how you feel. But unfortunately, mtn does'nt know how you feel.

Pls be rest assured that you can never get your money back.

That is mtn for you....

1 Like

Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by codemaster2much: 7:40pm On May 08, 2016
Front page pls
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by otubujohn(m): 9:43pm On May 08, 2016
pls how else can I contact them other than dialing 180
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by claka: 9:51pm On May 08, 2016
I subscribed to the same 3.75 gb package and have a similar problem . I have called and they keep saying theor technical department is working on it . The plan is an all day plan but it acts like a night plan
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by ammyluv2002(f): 9:51pm On May 08, 2016
otubujohn:
pls how else can I contact them other than dialing 180
Email, twitter and Whatsapp
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by otubujohn(m): 10:46pm On May 08, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Email, twitter and Whatsapp
do you have their whatsapp. what's their twitter handle
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by ammyluv2002(f): 10:47pm On May 08, 2016
otubujohn:

@MTN180
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by JigsawKillah(m): 11:00pm On May 08, 2016
Why's this not on FP though? Lalasticlacla, come o. Not just one but two testimonies.
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by Nobody: 8:36am On May 09, 2016
I use the same plan and have noticed it too but all you have to do is have airtime #50-100naira and restart ur fone after recharge. You shuld be fine by then
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by oladuro(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
Every body should start dropping their MTN lines they are so greedy and inconsistent. They are very good at ripping people off their hard earned money and yet nothing to show what a shame. I personally would not blame MTN if they actually being regulated as ought to these discrepancies would not be happening. On about 3-4 occasion ETISALAT had refunded my money back and apologised for the mistake. Currently i don't use MTN for Internet because of their inconsistencies. They are just after your money nothing else. So watch where u put your hard earned cash.
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by Thorby(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2016
otubujohn:
Here are 5 Mtn Dedicated WhatsApp Number: 09033000001 09033000002 09033000003. 09033000004 09033000005
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by mark3009(m): 3:02am On May 10, 2016
Op how far have you gotten in resolving the matter?
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by optimised: 5:02am On May 10, 2016
If you are using Android or widows phone, go to settings and set your network on permanent 3G.
It will be stable for you to browse.
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by Ivoryqueen: 10:57pm On May 28, 2016
Same thing happened to me but I browsed for longer. I have called mtn customers care more than 10 times now with no good result. I have decided to change my line.
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by Smooth278(m): 7:30am On May 29, 2016
Same thing happened to me... Now using my Glo to browse... I've learnt my lesson, bye bye mtn... The most annoying part is the calls to their customer care agents who then put u on hold for about 45mins listening to a monologue mtn advert... Kai we don suffer for their hand....
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by otubujohn(m): 12:57am On Jun 20, 2016
i don forget them tay tay. God is watching them on HD
Re: See What Mtn Did To Me by Sharon6(f): 2:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Na wa o, person go give one network provider 2K for this hard economy, him no go fit browse.

Change your MTN Sim ASAP... AIRTEL ati GLO ti take over.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

(1) (Reply)

Htc 10 (4g/32g, Gold) For Sale! / Neat LG G4 For Sale 55k / Samsung Galaxy Note 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.