Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Obama To Howard University Grads: ‘beyoncé Runs The World - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Obama To Howard University Grads: ‘beyoncé Runs The World (639 Views)

Yinka Ayefele’s Son Graduates From Howard University Washington DC / Yinka Ayefele's Son Graduates From Howard University, Washington DC, USA - Pics / Mark Zuckerberg Runs The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama To Howard University Grads: ‘beyoncé Runs The World by salau01(m): 9:01am On May 09, 2016
Visit www.latestforya..com for the full story and follow on twitter, Instagram @salau01

During his roughly 45-minute speech at the historically black college Saturday afternoon, Obama said that America “is a better place today” than it was when he graduated in 1983. The President declared that both the world and race relations in America are better, too, saying that his reelection in 2012 was “just one indicator of how attitudes had changed.”

“In my inaugural address, I remarked that just 60 years earlier, my father might not have been served in a D.C. restaurant — at least not certain of them. There were no black CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. Very few black judges,” Obama said. “Shoot, as Larry Wilmore pointed out last week, a lot of folks didn’t even think blacks had the tools to be a quarterback. Today, former [Chicago] Bull Michael Jordan isn’t just the greatest basketball player of all time — he owns the team.”

“When I was graduating, the main black hero on TV was Mr. T. Rap and hip hop were counterculture, underground. Now, Shonda Rhimes owns Thursday night, and Beyoncé runs the world,” the president added to laughter from the graduates. “We’re no longer only entertainers, we’re producers, studio executives. No longer small business owners — we’re CEOs, we’re mayors, representatives, Presidents of the United States.”

Re: Obama To Howard University Grads: ‘beyoncé Runs The World by talk2alabama: 9:06am On May 09, 2016
He is only tryn to say that Blacks are ruling
Re: Obama To Howard University Grads: ‘beyoncé Runs The World by cruzita(f): 9:07am On May 09, 2016
undecided what is an OBAMA?
Re: Obama To Howard University Grads: ‘beyoncé Runs The World by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:32am On May 09, 2016
cruzita:
undecided what is an OBAMA?
Trailblazing

Soyinka is an obama

(1) (Reply)

Empire's Jussie Smollet Confirms His Exit From The Movie Series (tweets) / Amazing- Wizkid Relaxing Or Sleeping On Stage? / Another Chibok Girl Found!! In Lai Muhammad's Voice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.