Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (3935 Views)

Another Intelligent Atheist Changes His Mind / Atheist, Agnostic, Deist, And Theist. Basic Things In Understanding Them / How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by WestAfricanGoon: 8:05am On May 12, 2016
hahn:

A simple www.google.com search would have helped you undecided

Abi o.. Thats the thing. All this info is online if you search well enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by hahn(m): 8:08am On May 12, 2016
WestAfricanGoon:

Abi o.. Thats the thing. All this info is online if you search well enough.

The inability to research is the bane of Nigerian education. Education NOT schooling. Most people will rather post the "problems" in questions instead of simply researching and sharing the "solutions" or answers. Then they will come and say one doesn't understand simply because one doesn't "believe". They should really try and believe 1+1=11 and pray they get it right in an exam.

Awon werey

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by hahn(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

There is no such thing as a "highly intelligent" person much less an atheist. When you begin to understand that there is so much to learn and observe and question and understanding in this world that we most likely will never understand all of it in one life time, you will see the wisdom in the phrase "a wise man is one who thinks he is a fool".

undecided
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 11:03am On May 12, 2016
hahn:

There is no such thing as a "highly intelligent" person much less an atheist. When you begin to understand that there is so much to learn and observe and question and understanding in this world that we most likely will never understand all of it in one life time, you will see the wisdom in the phrase "a wise man is one who thinks he is a fool".

undecided

uhmmm! a more kinder response would have been helpful. Don't approach all situations heads-on wink
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by hahn(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

uhmmm! a more kinder response would have been helpful. Don't approach all situations heads-on wink

There is this misconception that atheists consider ourselves intelligent. We actually do not. The more I learn, the more I realize just how ignorant I am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by ValentineMary(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:
Questions Goes Thus . Pick any question and advance a mental trip to the very nucleus of the question. Facts and Figures cited should have conformable source. Thanks! I appreciate your presence (view)

1.What caused the universe to exist?
2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
3.Why is the universe rational?
4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?
5.Where did the genetic code come from?
6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains
evolve?
7.How do we account for the origin of 116
distinct language families?
8.Why did cities suddenly appear all over the
world between 3,000 and 1,000BC?
9.How is independent thought possible in a world
ruled by chance and necessity?
10.How do we account for self-awareness?
11.How is free will possible in a material
universe?
12.How do we account for conscience?
13.On what basis can we make moral
judgements?
14.Why does suffering matter?
15.Why do human beings matter?
16.Why care about justice?
17.How do we account for the almost universal
belief in the supernatural?
18.How do we know the supernatural does not
exist?
19.How can we know if there is conscious
existence after death?
20.What accounts for the empty tomb,
resurrection appearances and growth of the
church?

on this note I call my seniors whom the cap fits
well, Cc: Olaadegbu, Seun, Reyginus,
KingEbukasblog, Amokeme, Feran15, Fynestboi,
ifenes, urahara, HardMirror, Agentofallah,
sonoflucifer, otem4eartum, otemanuduno,
johnydon22, swaggzo, Hahn, born2freak,
freecocoa, jospeh1019, Joseph1832, plaetton,
dblackninja, joshthefirst, ValentineMary. I love you
Guys no matter your religious beliefs.

Sorry I might nottackle all one after d other. but would give a more generalized ans to most.

For d universe to exist, there must be certain conditions met. eg an infinitely hot dense matter which originates from a vaccum obeying Heisenberg uncertainty principle. So an uneuqal amout of matter and anti matter form, and more predominant matter remains, anhiliating all d anti matter. The amount of matter left is enough to make a galaxy. And as this anhiliation occurs, it spreads out into space. (This is a likely ans but it sounds better than d story of an apple tree)

The fine tunning of d universe is just how we perceive things on earth. But reality is independent on our perception in most cases. eg man once taught the sun goes round d earth, but it was because of our perception in our dimension that we got it wrong. That's d same way a Staph aureus would believe the vagina was fine tuned for it.

With our present knowledge of pre-biotic chemistry, we know that abiogenesis is a fact. Looking at d initial hot state of d earth that lasted for about a billion year, in that condition methane, CO2, hydrogen, and energy can react to give amino acid in the D and L configuration. But amino acid found on asteroids from other planets had amino acids in d L configuration. And all living cells on earth contain amino acid in the L configuration. Does that mean that life came from another plnet who knows.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Ramon92: 5:57pm On May 12, 2016
hahn:

There is this misconception that atheists consider ourselves intelligent. We actually do not. The more I learn, the more I realize just how ignorant I am.
Very true..
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 11:50am On May 19, 2016
Question. Don't you think Atheist also use Faith? Especially those who are scientifically inclined? (you understand me) like a major experiment that can only be carried out of implementation, no prior tests?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Proof Of Reincarnation In The Bible / Prophet Tomi Sylvester Arayomi And Wife Arrested By DSS / The Naked Truth About Lazarus Muoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.