Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor (26149 Views)

MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu / Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / Gberigbe-Ikorodu Community Announces 10-Day ‘Oro’ Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by metroparrot: 4:35pm On May 09, 2016
Residents of Ikorodu especially women should beware as Ikorodu Oro curfew is set to hold on Tuesday May 10, 2016

The Oro Celebration forbids women from coming out throughout the curfew period. Women are advised to stay indoors from 12 midnight on Tuesday till 12am early hours of Wednesday May 11, 2016. There are tales that women may be harmed if they are seen within the curfew period.

Our source said the Oro will hold in Agric, Igbogbo, Ikorodu garage and its environs.

Men are also cautioned to limit their movement within the curfew period as well.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/oro-curfew-to-hold-tomorrow-in-ikorodu.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by hustla(m): 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
Chei, First to comment in over 2 years
I want to use this opportunity to thank Glo for giving me fast, cheap internet to comment, to Samsung for making this wonderful s6 edge that never lags, to Affordables for making it a bit affordable, to my ex ; please gerrarahere men, to my parents for supporting me and to Seun Osewa for creating this platform

Back to the topic grin

I seriously doubt they still kill women for this oro whatever, me thinks it's just a tradition that has to continue. They should revise this tradition though, given that many women work and have to leave home very early

Whatever happens, ko Kan aye - c'est ne pas Kan ye

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by teaser101: 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
Na wah o
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by yahrant140(m): 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
eko o ni baje! o baje ti......................
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by tahir01(m): 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by BL3zzY(f): 5:34pm On May 09, 2016
till tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by RealAdewole(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2016
In this 21th century! Not even in a village, everything is changing for the worse, what if there is an emergency?

27 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by nonstan(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2016
Nothing wey person no go hear

3 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by engrkaz(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2016
Isese lagba

7 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by deebrain(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2016
THESE OLDEN DAYS PEOPLE AGAIN........

RUBBISH.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by molydonhenry(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2016
anti-feminine festival

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by neonly: 5:37pm On May 09, 2016
Boys are not smiling ooooo
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by neonly: 5:38pm On May 09, 2016
Boys are not smiling ooooo

I blame buhari for dis
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by innocent1(m): 5:40pm On May 09, 2016
Ikorodu still living in the past. What an Acient city!

deebrain:
THESE OLDEN DAYS PEOPLE AGAIN........

RUBBISH.

5 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Generalkorex(m): 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
Public holidays for banks
and some insitutions
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Deytorlha(f): 5:43pm On May 09, 2016
@Op....d oro festival wil not hold in Agric,Igbogbo.It starts from garage to Ikorodu main town.
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 09, 2016
heard from some one who has seen them, that they are various animals having human head
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by steppin: 5:44pm On May 09, 2016
Archaic cultural practices.

7 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Adebola02(m): 5:44pm On May 09, 2016
It's hightime this evil rites is stop, imagine in this century lagos one of the most populated city in nigeria place under one oro curfew. They should do their evil in the midnight instead of restricting movement.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Acidosis(m): 5:45pm On May 09, 2016
If Ikorodu were to be my home town, myself and my sisters, female cousins and every other woman in my life would walk in the streets and nothing will happen.

Whoever has that courage should come and confront me.

My 'little angel' resides in Ikorodu, and right now she had to go lodge in an hotel to avoid sanctions at work. All this is happening in this zoo of a country and we want progress?

Thank God for my hometown sha (one of the reasons state of origins should never be abolished; those who choose to oppress their women can do it fully).

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 09, 2016
shocked hmm well m not afraid in #eminem voice cheesy i'll drive down to garage all by myself under d coverage of the most high

1 Like

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Bigprozzie: 5:47pm On May 09, 2016
Come out at your peril

It is our tradition

If you dont like it, take the numerous buses back to your village

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by sunny2k: 5:47pm On May 09, 2016
in dis Jet age

2 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by ikorodureporta: 5:47pm On May 09, 2016
Backwrdness.......so persin no go do business around? Workers, students, traders, & others...na this kind tin de let dem sack pple. Say No To Afternoon Oro!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by sweetcocoa(f): 5:48pm On May 09, 2016
Story.

1 Like

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by dominique(f): 5:49pm On May 09, 2016
There are some practices that should have been done away with

1 Like

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 09, 2016
Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by tuna4servi(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2016
Non of my business
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 09, 2016
Abobakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Generalkorex(m): 5:50pm On May 09, 2016
Deytorlha:
@Op....d oro festival wil not hold in Agric,Igbogbo.It starts from garage to Ikorodu main town.
the oro do reach agric atimes.
I remember it reached agric bus stop sometimes ago.
Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 09, 2016
grin

If you don't like it..
Kill yourself.

dominique:
There are some practices that should have been done away with
Yes. Like declaring public holiday salah and Christmas.
Some of us would like to work on those days.

5 Likes

Re: Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor by saaedlee: 5:54pm On May 09, 2016
Women should at least respect this culture and its norms

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin / Oluwo Of Iwo Walks Out Of Yoruba Event In Port Harcout As Organizers Omit Photo / Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.