Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over-crowding - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over-crowding (552 Views)

Maradona Kissing A Blonde Lady In Stadium While France Thrashed Argentina / Loanee Matt Fined For Grabbing Denzel Dumfries' Manhood During Match / Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over- Crowding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over-crowding by Benfaco: 6:16pm On May 09, 2016
CAF has fined the nation's Football Federation due to negligence relating to security issues during March's AFCON qualifier with Egypt

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been fined $5,000 by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) due to over-crowding and a lack of security during its national team's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with Egypt in March.

The 1-1 draw took place at Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna – a 16,000-capacity venue, although multiple reports have suggested around 40,000 people were in the ground.

Pictures of fans perched upon broadcasting towers and watching the match from the roof of a stand prompted outcry and CAF has elected to act.

The offences committed by the NFF, as listed by the CAF Disciplinary Board, were "spectators over packed in stadium" and "lack of security".

The NFF has also been warned that further sanctions will be applied if there is a repeat of such incidents.

Egypt won the subsequent return match 1-0 in Alexandria to all but end Nigeria's hopes of qualifying for AFCON 2017 in Gabon, although the Egyptian Football Federation has also been fined $5,000 for "excessive usage of lasers" during that match.

Source:

m.goal.com/x/en/news/89/africa/2016/05/09/23312802/nigeria-fined-over-stadium-over-crowding

Re: Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over-crowding by tonyxxx(m): 6:24pm On May 09, 2016
Naija i hail thee.... Always on the news for the wrong reasons
Re: Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over-crowding by laviecontinue: 6:45pm On May 09, 2016
That match still annoy me till now, seriously my younger sis that I deprive from watching her 'saloni' still laugh @ me till today grin grin upon all that naija my contiri ll have to pay some kind of fine for that? I mean warisodis? Chai! My tax don suffer undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Fined Over Stadium Over-crowding by FOWOSHERE01(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2016
Gee-zus

(1) (Reply)

Get A Brilliant Assortment Of Gym Clothes At The House Of Alanic Clothing / Euro 2016 Complete Fixtures / Breaking News: NFF Name Frenchman Paul Le Guen New Super Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.