Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? (951 Views)

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / I Want To Leave My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by seunwen2(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2016
Am 23 just finished with my university degree and am still currently living with my parent, but my mum is a very hardworking woman she has a school she is running successfully and am currently working there and still staying inside my family house. what who concerned nairalanders advice me should i continue staying in my family house and continue my work or i should try to disconnect myself from these benefits?
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by kingofchess(m): 9:20pm On May 09, 2016
u bera stay put
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by DesChyko: 9:22pm On May 09, 2016
What is your reason for wanting to do that and where is your state of residence?

1 Like

Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by seunwen2(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2016
DesChyko:
What is your reason for wanting to do that and where is your state of residence?

Feel that am matured enough, Oyo State
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by tripplephi: 9:26pm On May 09, 2016
seunwen2:
Am 23 just finished with my university degree and am still currently living with my parent, but my mum is a very hardworking woman she has a school she is running successfully and am currently working there and still staying inside my family house. what who concerned nairalanders advice me should i continue staying in my family house and continue my work or i should try to disconnect myself from these benefits?

Ate you indirectly asking us to give you a Vision in life and a purpose for your future.... Eagles don't ask chickens how high they should fly.... Guy u must really lack focus to come on NL to ask about your own life n future.... We don't care n we have our own lives to live. Plan your life and move based on where you see yourself in the future.... I hate it when peeps come here to ask questions as tho they are paying people online to nanny or guide their lives.

Guy grow up and make your own choices... You alone will live with the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by DesChyko: 9:33pm On May 09, 2016
seunwen2:

Feel that am matured enough, Oyo State

It's a matter of choice though. Just figure in your monthly expenses on food, utilities and frivolities in addition to your monthly house rent. Add in your savings for educational, investments and infrastructural projects. Compare them to your monthly earnings and see if it comfortably fits. It would be laughable if you have to come back to what you were running from due to poor planning.

2 Likes

Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by DesChyko: 9:41pm On May 09, 2016
tripplephi:

Ate you indirectly asking us to give you a Vision in life and a purpose for your future.... Eagles don't ask chickens how high they should fly.... Guy u must really lack focus to come on NL to ask about your own life n future.... We don't care n we have our own lives to live. Plan your life and move based on where you see yourself in the future.... I hate it when peeps come here to ask questions as tho they are paying people online to nanny or guide their lives.

Guy grow up and make your own choices... You alone will live with the consequences.

I think you went extreme and insulting him is very much uncalled for. It would have been better if you minded your business and faced your life without WASTING your time and effort commenting. He is 23, not 40. It's better to ask questions and not make a grave mistake than to play bravado know-it-all and live the rest of one's life reflecting on 'what ifs'

5 Likes

Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2016
@17 i was on my own . Now dats a boss move cool
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by tripplephi: 9:49pm On May 09, 2016
DesChyko:

I think you went extreme and insulting him is very much uncalled for. It would have been better if you minded your business and faced your life without WASTING your time and effort commenting. He is 23, not 40. It's better to ask questions and not make a grave mistake than to play bravado know-it-all and live the rest of one's life reflecting on 'what ifs'

Let's not call a spade a spoon in the name of age... This is a day and age where his mates and younger are achieving fits that those in 40s only dream of. A young man who has been through the four walls of the University should have already known his purpose,plan and vision. Does he not have friends n mentors to look up to... That he must come to Nairaland to seek destiny related answers... You may think am insulting him but am not. I only speak a bitter truth he probably may have never learned. I am blunt in correction cos at this age time is not on his side. At that age with less privileges I had already followed a great vision and achieved much success. I don't expect him to be like me but be better. These days youngsters have much passionate energy and need elders not a mixed multitude on Nairaland. Well its his life.
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 09, 2016
if you have saved enough and you can stand on your own two feet then get a place of your own.

otherwise I would advice you to stay put and set a target for yourself, say age 25, for you to move out.

money that would have gone for paying rent and feeding now may be saved and used for acquiring a masters degree or some professional course.

just my two kobo...

1 Like

Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:59pm On May 09, 2016
Do not make a move untill you have gotten a job.
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 09, 2016
tripplephi:

Let's not call a spade a spoon in the name of age... This is a day and age where his mates and younger are achieving fits that those in 40s only dream of. A young man who has been through the four walls of the University should have already known his purpose,plan and vision. Does he not have friends n mentors to look up to... That he must come to Nairaland to seek destiny related answers... You may think am insulting him but am not. I only speak a bitter truth he probably may have never learned. I am blunt in correction cos at this age time is not on his side. At that age with less privileges I had already followed a great vision and achieved much success. I don't expect him to be like me but be better. These days youngsters have much passionate energy and need elders not a mixed multitude on Nairaland. Well its his life.

paraphrasing you now, at his age you had already followed a great vision and so on and so forth...

How nice. I guess the two of you share the same exact destiny right?

if he has decided to come online to seek clarity how should that make you so incensed as to pour vituperation on him.

if you have an advice drop it, if not why not move on.

we can't all see life the same way, and wanting to hear people's opinion shouldn't be a crime.

it doesn't mean he has to take our advice.

1 Like

Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by buoye1(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2016
DesChyko:

You're so matured and reasonable.... Thanks for the comment
Re: Am 23 Want To Leave My Parent House Is It The Right Decision? by buoye1(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2016
How much do you earn from your present work?

Can it sustain you?

There's a lot when you're on your own bro... It's not very easy if you don't have a steady income... I'll only advice you to double up your job hunting and move out when you get a better paying job..

God bless

(1) (Reply)

14 Weird Ways Nigerian Parents Show That They Love You / Did You Ever Wonder Why People Hold Their Hands Like This? Here’s The Answer / Best Sex Machines For Clone A Willy In Australia 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.