Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

8 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Giving Up On Anything - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 8 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Giving Up On Anything (500 Views)

Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS / Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles / Top 11 Questions To Ask Yourself When Your Relationship Is Not Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Giving Up On Anything by Yungkida(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2016
We’ve all been at a crossroad at some point in our lives, whether to to take the plunge or to back down and walk away. If you’ve ever felt stuck at a seemingly dead end situation, and at some point it feels the odd is not in your favour, then you know what i’m talking about.

Whether it be in a job, project, relationship, family – It can be tough to give it a second though if it’s the best time for you to move on. There’s nothing more saddening than regretting a decision you made when you’re at a crossroad. It’s better ti weigh all your options and consider other alternatives to a given situation before taking or making any decision on anything.

The questions below should help you scrutinize out your feelings and thus preventing you from making a decision that you will regret….

1. Is it making me a better me?

Think about if the current state you’re in, a job, or a partner is contributing to your life. If it’s not, then why continue? This is your one life to live. Why waste it on something that isn’t bringing out the best in you or making you a better person?

2. Am i being productive?

Do i feel fulfilled and accomplished with my job, or am yearning more? Is this situation preventing you from being productive in your life? Sometimes, when we’re so wrapped up in something else, we forget about our own wants, needs and responsibilities. Don’t compromise your life by trying to please others.

3. Is it costing me my well-being?

If you’re losing sleep over a spouse, job, situation; or spending your entire day worrying, this is the best time to reevaluate your situation. Really think about if it’s helping, hindering or limiting you. Is it worth risking your life over?

4. Am i leaving satisfied?

Take an inventory of your mood. Are you feeling tired, anxious or upset? Or are you happy, excited and full of energy?
Think about how you feel when you leave. Are you reluctant or relieved?

5. Am i constantly daydreaming about being somewhere else?

Are you content with your current job, partner, where you are in your situation? Or are you always wishing you were somewhere else or doing something else?

6. Is it going to help me in the long run?

Imagine your future. How will this benefit you down the road? If you can think of a few reasons, it may be worth really considering whether you stay or go. Try starting a “pros and cons” list. If the cons start outweighing the pros, then it might be time to cut your losses.

7. Have i given it my all?

Sometimes, if we aren’t really “feeling” something or someone, we won’t give our utmost attention. If you don’t try, though, you’ll never know. Really put in some time and more attention. Perhaps you’ll find something spectacular that you may not have seen before. If you think you haven’t put forth your best effort, don’t give up just yet.

8. Does it inspire me to say YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Does the current situation inspire me to say YES everyday of my life??

Source: http://socialspy.ng/2016/05/10/8-questions-you-need-to-ask-yourself-before-giving-up-on-anything/

(1) (Reply)

Ooni’s Visit To Alaafin: Monarchs Assure Of Enduring Unity / Buhari Should Know He’s No Longer A Military Man – Oba Akiolu / Ooni Launches Environmental Sanitation Programme In Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.