Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ (7394 Views)

Yay! Or Nay! / Blue Hair - Yay Or Nay? / Ankara Bags, What Do You Think? (yay Or Nay) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by Winnergal(f): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
Would you ever use anti-ageing products? . . .
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by Sissy3(f): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
i dunno.
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by oge4real(f): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2009
Maybe in 30 years time when I actually start ageing.
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by yjay(f): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2009
@poster, most definitely!!!! already using them rite now!

1 Like

Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by laniks: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
YAY! Start early too!
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by SeanT21(f): 4:29am On Aug 18, 2009
NAYYY but never say never
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by oyinda3(f): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2009
yes! start early with them (ppl say). lol it's easier to prevent than to reverse aging.
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2009
~Never given it a thought!
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by alicejacob: 5:11am On Aug 19, 2009
women needs to use anti- age at 25 up , it helps a lot to keep your youth last for long , than start using anti- age when u see wrinkle .
Good to use vitamin E as well.
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by yjay(f): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2009
alicejacob:

women needs to use anti- age at 25 up , it helps a lot to keep your youth last for long , than start using anti- age when u see wrinkle .
Good to use vitamin E as well.

thumbs up!!!!!!

mohawkchic:

~Never given it a thought!

are u serious i think you should, they really make all the difference, im sure u look amazing but u can look even better! its more like a preventive measure! i'm 29 but most pple i meet find it hard to believe! of course coupled with multivitamins & fruits! some ingredients in some of these anti-aging products make all the difference! we ll talk better when ure online!
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mohawkchic(f): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2009
yjay:
are u serious i think you should, they really make all the difference, im sure u look amazing but u can look even better! its more like a preventive measure! i'm 29 but most pple i meet find it hard to believe! of course coupled with multivitamins & fruits! some ingredients in some of these anti-aging products make all the difference! we ll talk better when ure online!

~Dead Serious Yjay! I'm 32 & lets say i still get asked for ID sometimes when i'm buying alcohol grin I always put it down to having good genes . . .My Nan & Mam havent got a wrinkle in sight so i'm counting on that! cheesy

~I suppose i'm getting to that stage when most women start worrying about the effect of "Old Age,Wrinkles" but i dont feel that way[i]Just Yet[/i]. . .me think i'm just comfy in my skin as it is right about now . . the here & the now w/o the added worry of something that might or might not appear on me face!

~I always figured folks over 40/50 need anti wrinkle/aging cream. . . .My understanding of such products is it claims to diminish the lines of wrinkles. . since i dont have any,what's the point of using it exactly? Prevent Wrinkles? I aint even guaranteed i wont have any even after using the cream for dunks! I'm actually a tad skeptical about using Anti-crinkle cream products & all the stuff in the ingredients. . .dont wanna jinx my genes grin i Kid! I'm going to read up more on it tho. . .

~Okies looking forward to chat more about it! I'm going to need a heck of a lot of convincing tho tongue
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mohawkchic(f): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
What's in Anti-Wrinkle Face Creams?

Retinol is one of the first antioxidants put into anti-wrinkle face creams, when it was discovered that these substances could fight the effects of free radicals in the environment that lead to the aging process. Retinol is a vitamin A compound, and can be found in prescription form under the name tretinoin. This ingredient was the first that was approved by the FDA as a wrinkle treatment. If you use an anti-wrinkle face cream with retinol, you may indeed see a slight improvement to your skin as well as a reduction in wrinkles. However, retinol is not safe to use if you are pregnant or planning to become so.

Another popular ingredient in anti-wrinkle face creams is hydroxyl acids, which are derivatives of sugar-containing fruits. The reason that hydroxyl acids are effective ingredients in anti-wrinkle face creams is that they can exfoliate the dead skin on the surface and encourage healthy growth of the skin cells underneath. The end result is smoother, more evenly pigmented skin and a younger appearance. Hydroxyl acids will increase the sensitivity of the skin to sun exposure, so make sure that you are wearing your sunscreen every day if you are using an anti-wrinkle face cream with hydroxyl acid in it.

There are many other potentially effective ingredients that might be found in anti-wrinkle face creams, including copper peptides, kinetin and coenzyme Q10. Coenzyme Q10 is a nutrient that can diminish the appearance of fine lines around the eyes with no harmful side effects. It has also been found that conenzyme Q10 can protect against sun exposure if it is applied before heading outside. These are the ingredients that you should be searching for on the product labels of anti-wrinkle face creams to ensure that the product will have at least some of the anti-aging effect that you desire.

Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by Outstrip(f): 1:59am On Aug 20, 2009
I do not have any wrinkles and I honestly don't think that having wrinkles is the worst thing that can happen to a woman but I use anti aging products. Mary Kay time wise products are great. They also have an even complexion serum that does not bleach you. You can buy them on my website. For people who spend time in Nigeria and here in the states I can get it to you in 1-2 weeks to Lagos after you place the order provided you have a minimum order of $500.00. You can pick it up at my cousin's boutique in Lagos. Here is my website to order.
http://www.marykay.com/faithe
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by yjay(f): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Dead Serious Yjay! I'm 32 & lets say i still get asked for ID sometimes when i'm buying alcohol grin I always put it down to having good genes . . .My Nan & Mam havent got a wrinkle in sight so i'm counting on that! cheesy

~I suppose i'm getting to that stage when most women start worrying about the effect of "Old Age,Wrinkles" but i dont feel that way[i]Just Yet[/i]. . .me think i'm just comfy in my skin as it is right about now . . the here & the now w/o the added worry of something that might or might not appear on me face!

~I always figured folks over 40/50 need anti wrinkle/aging cream. . . .My understanding of such products is it claims to diminish the lines of wrinkles. . since i dont have any,what's the point of using it exactly? Prevent Wrinkles? I aint even guaranteed i wont have any even after using the cream for dunks! I'm actually a tad skeptical about using Anti-crinkle cream products & all the stuff in the ingredients. . .dont wanna jinx my genes grin i Kid! I'm going to read up more on it tho. . .

~Okies looking forward to chat more about it! I'm going to need a heck of a lot of convincing tho tongue

yes thats y! totally understand now! well i guess the most important prevention of aging is wearing sunscreen anyways! liked ur article by the way wink
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by yjay(f): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2009
Question: Antioxidants - What Are Antioxidants

I'm 30 years old. I keep hearing about antioxidants in skin care products, but I'm not sure if I need to use them. What are antioxidants, and should someone in their 30's use antioxidants?
Answer:

Absolutely.

To make it really easy to understand, antioxidants prevent and actually repair damage to your skin caused by free radicals such as the sun, pollution and smoke. All of these things cause your skin to show signs of aging, such as wrinkles and discoloration. By using products with antioxidants such as serums and moisturizers, you're skin is soaking in the antioxidants to protect your skin.

Because you're just starting your 30's this is a great time to add antioxidants to your skin care regime. You'll get a head start on the aging process that's to come in the next decade. Stick with products that you don't wash off. Serums in particular are a great way to get antioxidants into your skin because they sink a bit deeper into your skin's layers than a moisturizer. If you have oily or combination skin, a serum may be all you need to get the moisture needed. If you have dry or normal skin, you may want to add another moisturizer to your face after your serum sinks in.

@mhkchic, interesting article!!!!! About.com:skincare
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
yjay:

yes thats y! totally understand now! well i guess the most important prevention of aging is wearing sunscreen anyways! liked your article by the way wink

~Ta. for sharing your article on Antioxidants . . wink

~ I strongly agree about sunscreens. . . The number of folks that are ignorant about using suncreen is staggering. . . one lady actually asked me if "Black People" are suppose to use sunscreen!  grin

~Having read up on  Antioxidants. . i realise they are somehow incoperated into my meals. . Fruits & Veg, Potato, Garlic,Whole Grain,Spinach. . . I didnt however know they cud slow the effect of ageing! That was a pleasant surprise!

~I hear a lot of good reviews on Olay Regenerist Serum. . . have you tried it?

olay.co.uk/product-range/regenerist/index.php
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by TOPE20001(f): 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2009
Blacks dont CRACK cool cheesy
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by Outstrip(f): 1:02am On Aug 21, 2009
LOL. For the most part. Under the african sun with no protection though = not aging gracefully
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by yjay(f): 9:02am On Aug 21, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Ta. for sharing your article on Antioxidants . . wink

~ I strongly agree about sunscreens. . . The number of folks that are ignorant about using suncreen is staggering. . . one lady actually asked me if "Black People" are suppose to use sunscreen!  grin

~Having read up on  Antioxidants. . i realise they are somehow incoperated into my meals. . Fruits & Veg, Potato, Garlic,Whole Grain,Spinach. . . I didnt however know they cud slow the effect of ageing! That was a pleasant surprise!

~I hear a lot of good reviews on Olay Regenerist Serum. . . have you tried it?

olay.co.uk/product-range/regenerist/index.php

not surprised abt wat she asked u at all! even my cousin that is supposed to be "exposed" said the same thing! "black pple dont need sunscreen" wat she said.

abt the regenerist serum!!! read a lot of reviews as well o! been trying to get it! been difficult getting it here in nigeria! i even asked my friend in the uk abt it and she was like "wo ma bother ko kin shise" hope u can read that? she was like dont bother it doesnt work & i was like but bola a lot of pple are really talking abt it! guess its the same nigerian mentality that has refused to go away, when we try out something we expect fast action, lol not moved though by her own convictions o! its just been difficult getting it here in naija! i actually ve a few other products i wld like to try! do u know anything abt ROC products? heard good things abt those as well!
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
~There's a lot of rave about Olay Regenerist. . on adverts, polls, surveys related to beauty. . .but i suppose it's no guarantee it's going to work for everyone. . . given what you friend said. . . .reading up on reviews wud be your best bet,I think!

~Havent heard of ROC but i've done a quick search. . got you this Review Link of some of their products

smartskincare.com/reviews/product/brandidx/roc/
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by iice(f): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2009
I know i should use them. . .but i barely put anything on my face. On days i have energy, i manage powder, if not. . .sayonara cheesy People still mistake me for a child anyway angry
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mukina2: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
iice:

I know i should use them. . .but i barely put anything on my face. On days i have energy, i manage powder, if not. . .sayonara cheesy People still mistake me for a child anyway angry
but iice . .aint you an lipsrsealed grin
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by iice(f): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
An what? angry grin
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by holythug(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
. . . iice
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mukina2: 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2009
iice:

An what? angry grin
an extra-human being! grin grin grin
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by iice(f): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
mukina2:

an extra-human being! grin grin grin

Awww, thanks loff kiss kiss

holythug:

. . . iice

That goes without saying tongue
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by yjay(f): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2009
@mhawkchic, many thanks!
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by minute(f): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2009
Vitamin C Serum is excellent.You wear it under whatever moisturizer you are using.
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:42am On Sep 02, 2009
~No Worries Yjay wink
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by dushku(f): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2009
i loved all ur write-ups on this.
im presently using avon anew ultimate day-anti age/age repair cream(spf 25 uva/uvb)
it feels good on my skin but i was kinda sceptical about using it initially tho;with all that i've read here nw, i guess i'll just use it at least for nw.

p.s- personally i think most avon products/mary kay products are absolutely divine
Re: ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ by Empozynuppomo: 2:26am On Feb 02, 2011
Hi, I'm seeking for some instruction please. The circumstances are, that I'm not remaining for a very long time at the same place because of my work. I truly am in need for qualified procedures for my cellulite, but I don't have unfortunately the time to go to a beauty spa More than that, what's the idea of spending money for these procedures, as in any case I am not able to to go all of them. I have by now at home anti-cellulite soap and some other beauty product, but this is not serious and I'm still trying to find something more professional. If you are acquainted with something that may be in help for me, please inform me as quick as possible. I'm still very young for this kinds of problems, so I'll find the funds for anything that you assume that's worth. Thank you ahead of time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap / FRENCH LACE, BALE LACE, SAMPLE LACE / Warning. Say No To Bikini Waxing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.