Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:53 AM

12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly (34762 Views)

12 Things You Won’t Believe Have Proper Names / Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This / Things Anyone Who Went To LASU Would Understand Perfectly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 9:34pm On May 12, 2016
Getting into UNIBEN is the first struggle to earning a degree; while lectures, hostel living, night class and graduation just take their turns in the whole struggle. Anyone who went to UNIBEN have most definitely been made stronger by the experiences they gathered from there. There are some things that happen in UNIBEN that probably don’t happen in other Nigerian universities and the experiences are just priceless.I will be taking you down memory lane if you attended UNIBEN but if you didn’t then this piece will interest you…

25 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Young03(m): 9:35pm On May 12, 2016
tongue

1 Like

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 9:49pm On May 12, 2016
Visiting hours: This is the only time when guys are allowed into girls hostel and vice versa. Between 4pm and 6pm, people switch back to the conventional way of life. Things like shot-putting and bathing outside is put on hold until when the visitors leave.

19 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 9:56pm On May 12, 2016
Bed space:When hostels are open for students to apply, everyone rushes to apply so they can get bed space. First year and final year students are those guaranteed to get and its a game of luck and chance for those students not in their first or final year. Therefore, if they are interested in staying in the hostel, they have to buy from those students, who got but have no intentional of staying. Here, bed space could cost as much as a land in Lekki, no joke.

18 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 10:01pm On May 12, 2016
Night class: This usually begins on the first day of resumption. Reading room and night class pick up immediately. UNIBEN students can read for Africa but then you wonder where the E’s and F’s come from considering the way they read.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 10:29pm On May 12, 2016
Lecturer’s threat: Some lecturer’s feel like demigods on campus. Every faculty has its own ‘sadist’ lecturer. From taking attendance to selling pamphlets for as much as N1,500 to just marking you down no matter what you write are common practises of some lecturers. Sometimes you hear, ‘buying this books already gives you 40marks’.

When the class is full but the lecturer hasn’t shown up yet. You want to leave but you can’t because he might step in and take attendance and you honestly don’t want stories that touch.

11 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 10:53pm On May 12, 2016
Ekosodin: They’ll instill respect and good behaviour in you. You learn how to greet your neighbours in Ekosodin whether you like it or not except you have plans of moving into the hostel or BDPA. In fact, before falling in love with a girl staying in Ekosodin, you have to do your research properly because your parents won’t forgive you if you end up dying for love.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by daveson07: 10:57pm On May 12, 2016
Jackers: Anyone who went to UNIBEN most definitely met the students that jack for hours but would never agree that they jack and the non jackers who always claim to be jacking but just go to night class to sleep. Either so they don’t feel bad that their mates are reading at night class and they are busy sleeping or just to paint the wrong picture.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by mytime24(f): 11:47pm On May 12, 2016
Sprays mat tongue

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Nastydroid(m): 12:37am On May 13, 2016
mytime24:
Sprays mat tongue
is your mat insecticide?

33 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by MrWhaley: 2:14am On May 13, 2016
Nahh...this OP is not getting this ish...
Me'z currently in Uniben..and that visiting hours,I doubt if it's still in practice.

But OP,if you don't portray the 'ARROW of Hall 3 boys',then you failed everything!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Jaymima(f): 6:34am On May 13, 2016
Great Uniben

8 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by ceenote: 6:36am On May 13, 2016
Make I book space
Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by jejemanito: 6:37am On May 13, 2016
Same for all schools. not just uniben

6 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Nobody: 6:38am On May 13, 2016
That bed space too fine na,snap the real one oo, my days in the hostel was terrible, I was always lucky to escape those aro boys in hall 3

14 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by clefstone(m): 6:39am On May 13, 2016
If you want to see people that actually read in UNIBEN, go to the library. Those people that go to class to read at night mostly go there to show off their fine cardigans and look for fine girls face to masturbate to at night

Meanwhile, my greatest regret as an ex student of UNIBEN is that I neva lived in the hostel

9 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by mitchyy(f): 6:39am On May 13, 2016
You said 12 now op. Waiting for the others...

Meanwhile.... wink

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by bigtt76(f): 6:39am On May 13, 2016
LMAO @'dying for love' hehehehe grin
Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by mitchyy(f): 6:40am On May 13, 2016
daveson07:
Ekosodin: They’ll instill respect and good behaviour in you. You learn how to greet your neighbours in Ekosodin whether you like it or not except you have plans of moving into the hostel or BDPA. In fact, before falling in love with a girl staying in Ekosodin, you have to do your research properly because your parents won’t forgive you if you end up dying for love.

You dare not greet people around you in Ekosodin then. Dem nor born you well. No matter how small or gentle someone looks, he/she might be your worst nightmare if you don't greet.
Even after i run go bdpa i was still missing Ekosodin. Ders never a dull moment. Armed robbers enter your room, you'll first lose your money and gadgets and while dealing with the shock, you go still pay the strong men in the hostel for not raising alarm that robbers entered your room. Silly place. I miss Uniben

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by martineverest(m): 6:42am On May 13, 2016
Ekosodin: Devils' headquarters. Never lived in that horrible village....osasogie brethren here

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Jamean(f): 6:44am On May 13, 2016
Driver o wa o! cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by ChappyChase: 6:44am On May 13, 2016
Ok
Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by omusiliyu(m): 6:44am On May 13, 2016
hope OP will show the pictures of the cultists there.

How UN rate the percentage of cultist in Nigeria higher institutions.

1. Auchi Polytechnic

2. UNIBEN

3. AAU, Ekpoma

4. UNIPORT

5. UNILAG.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by BAILMONEY: 6:46am On May 13, 2016
jejemanito:
Same for all schools. not just uniben
YOU DEY MIND THE DUNDEE UNITED PLAYER undecided
Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Jamean(f): 6:47am On May 13, 2016
daveson07:
Night class: This usually begins on the first day of resumption. Reading room and night class pick up immediately. UNIBEN students can read for Africa but then you wonder where the E’s and F’s come from considering the way they read.

Who read nai serious, who pass nai know book

9 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Nobody: 6:49am On May 13, 2016
@OP,other than the picture of Main Gate and Hall 2, the remaining pics just don't follow!

Just see the super nice bed space you put up there!. Even Hall 5 isn't as nice as that.

Ekosodin, though. I remember the first day I entered the place, just for the sake of it, so I won't graduate and leave Uniben without ever having had the opportunity of knowing how Ekosodin looks like. So, I decided to use the opportunity to visit a friend who lived there, my senior way back from secondary school.

When I got in, I don't know if I should say I was fortunate, but some guys just showed up from nowhere and started walking with me. We were gisting and all that, so I felt a bit relaxed, wasn't jumpy and all that (mehn, I was freaking scared of Ekosodin. Had heard too many horrendous stories). One of the dudes asked for my number and I jejely gave him the Airtel number I was planning to dump soonest and called up my friend to come get me...and he did.

As I was leaving, this scrawny looking, weed-smelling human who was sitted outside just stood up and started walking towards me. He was like..."Babe, I never see you for this area before. We never relate before..." Lol. My heart was palpitating. I was wondering what woukd hapoen next, if he'd ask me to hug him and rub his chest (that's what happened to one of my girlfriends and I had laughed to my heart's content when she narrated the story to me), so you could imagine my fear that day, my very first day in Ekosodin for that matter; and my dear friend showed up and told the dude, "bros, na me she dey with." And then scrawny dude was like, "Ehen? Na you the babe dey with? Nor be this Ekosodin she dey sha? Make una dey go, we go block when you come back." angry

I haven't been past Ekosodin gate till this day. I'm really one fraidy cat! embarassed...But maybe, just maybe. I'll make another call and venture in.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by simieoni: 6:50am On May 13, 2016
greatest of d greatest gbo gbo gbo.... tuale to all unibest student out there... hope yall kipping it real

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by KillerBeauty(f): 6:50am On May 13, 2016
If u no mention ebelebor op e mean say u nor graduate from uniben

8 Likes

Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by Youngetskilz23(m): 6:52am On May 13, 2016
how did this thing make fp op this is geting boring i must say... lala what is this?
Re: 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly by kbams241: 6:54am On May 13, 2016
Y

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Post-utme Past Questions And Answers[free PDF Download], May 2015 / Walden University Is On My Neck. / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.