Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

With 18 Children And 15 Grandchildren, I Regret Polygamy – Actor, Adebayo Salami - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / With 18 Children And 15 Grandchildren, I Regret Polygamy – Actor, Adebayo Salami (2253 Views)

Lai Adebayo Salami’s Weds Taiwo (Photos) / Why I Have 18 Children – Veteran Yoruba Actor, Adebayo Salami “oga Bello” / Adebayo Salami "Oga-Bello" And His 18 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With 18 Children And 15 Grandchildren, I Regret Polygamy – Actor, Adebayo Salami by amzee(m): 3:06pm On May 13, 2016
Veteran Actor, Movie Producer And
Director, Adebayo Salami Has Opened Up On How He Found Himself A Patriarch Of A Big Family Of Men And Women With
Interest In The Film Industry.

Arguably, head of a movie dynasty in Nigeria, his children have shown more than ordinary interest in the movie industry holding a lot of various
departments exhibiting expertise,
creativity and industry.

Blessed with 18 children, and 15
grandchildren, Adebayo Salami popularly known as Oga Bello in a chat with E24-7Magazine said polygamy has never been in his plan as a young man.
“I was so much in love with
my wife, you can imagine that
my life was such a predictable
one, I mean from the house to
the office and when I close at
work, I will go to Zaad Supermarket where I will pick
some items for my wife and
later go home for my dinner.
After that we go to the
cinema or theatre.

Though he has always loved theatre but it was a passion that grew on him and overwhelmed him.

“Surprisingly, my passion for
the theatre took a better part
of me and I had to leave my
job and joined the theatre
practitioners.

“It was there that fame came
and quite naturally, it came
with women who were great
admirers and you know, they
actually added value by joining the theatre group and playing significant roles. I didn’t plan my life to be a polygamist but fate brought fame and I found myself here.

Asked if he feels successful or fulfilled having many children who have stepped into his shoes.

“Honestly the success or
fulfilment in this circumstance,
is in the fact that all these
children come out well, morally and educationally.

They have brought me joy
unspeakable with their more
than ordinary interest in their
education. Maybe it would
have been the other way if
they had failed to be
educated.

Perhaps he deliberately lured
or encouraged them to go
into the film making industry.

“I didn’t plan to have them in
the theatre or filmmaking
business. I’m sure they must
have seen something
exemplary, something worth
emulating in my journey in life
that influenced them to follow
the path that I treaded in the
arts.

Coincidentally, his wife popularly known as Mama Ejide is a foremost movie marketer/ distributor in Ebipenjo Lane,
Lagos.

Source www.gistreel.com/2016/05/13/18-children-15-grandchildren-regret-polygamy-actor-adebayo-salami/

Re: With 18 Children And 15 Grandchildren, I Regret Polygamy – Actor, Adebayo Salami by gisthit: 3:09pm On May 13, 2016
s
Re: With 18 Children And 15 Grandchildren, I Regret Polygamy – Actor, Adebayo Salami by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 13, 2016
Did not read.
He should not worry, the economy is now the best form of birth control. Those grandchildren would get married and have at most three children each. Any one of them who attempts having five or more children is consciously trying to induce poverty on themselves.
Re: With 18 Children And 15 Grandchildren, I Regret Polygamy – Actor, Adebayo Salami by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 13, 2016
nw U knw

(1) (Reply)

Kim K. And Kanye Caught Having S*x Inside The Toilet 18+ Photos N Video / Nairalander Member Took Photo With Starboy Wizzy / Yemi Alade Showing Off Her Sexy Body & Her Expensive Gold Transparent Heels As S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.