Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War (1941 Views)

Captain America "Civil War" Parts Shot In Lagos / Captain America Civil War Features Lagos State..pix / Reactions To The Portrayal Of Lagos In Captain America: Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by redcliff: 6:01pm On May 13, 2016
All of us at Zikoko were super excited when we heard we’d be watching Captain America: Civil War as a team.

Nothing sweeter than a free movie.

As much as we LOVED it, the first 10 minutes set in Lagos, did have us like:

What’s happening here?

Team Zikoko, every time someone in the movie pronounced it as Lah-gos.

What are these ones saying?

Lagos, watching the movie like:

Who are you calling Lah-gos, biko?

Oya, let’s think of some of the ways Lah-gos, Nigeria is completely different from Lagos, Nigeria.

When they started off with Black Widow and Scarlet Witch drinking coffee under Lah-gos sun.

Abeg abeg!

Lagos sun and hell fire that are like:

See ehn, Lagos in the afternoon is not where you want anything hot anywhere near you.

They now showed us two Lah-gos policemen and neither of them had a potbelly.

WE DON’T BELIEVE YOU!

Edakun, where was this oga in all this?

Well, he was probably still sleeping.

Then we saw Falcon looking down at a Lah-gos street in the middle of the day

Are we dreaming?

…and the roads were actually free.

Where is all the traffic?

There was actually light in Lah-gos in the afternoon.

Which light?

PHCN and Lagos that are like:

Na so.

Fast forward to Black Widow in the middle of a Lah-gos market

See all those shops behind her.

…and nobody did this:

Even when Falcon finally came down to join her

A whole Anthony Mackie.

…not one Igbo brother shouted “heysss fine boy!” at him.

Who will now buy all their jeans trousiz?

Then see Lah-gosians that were just standing around watching people with guns and bombs fight.

HOW?

Real Lagosians, when they hear anything that just sounds like a gunshot:

They are not about that life, abeg.

Captain America, calling for the Lah-gos fire and rescue department after a bombing:

…and they actually arrived on time.

The real Lagos fire department when you call them:

No vex, Captain America!

Anyway, all na jokes. Lagos is awesome and so is the movie. Oya, go see it if you haven’t.

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala help the ministry abeg[/size]
Source: http://zikoko.com/list/lagos-in-captain-america-civil-war/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by badaru911: 6:19pm On May 13, 2016
This is FANTASTICALLY correct.
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by missdebs(f): 6:40pm On May 13, 2016
I heard the films just over hyped
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Winna01(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2016
dats wat dey did in x men first class too Lagos did not look like the Lagos that I know even d bad guys sef
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by parrotibaba(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2016
missdebs:
I heard the films just over hyped
Watch the movie, it's great.
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by parrotibaba(m): 6:58pm On May 13, 2016
Man that Lah-gos thing piss me off small like say the folks at marvel no sabi pronounce a whole popular city like Lagos well.

At least e better pass the Lagos in x-men origins where Ryan Reynolds was interpreting igbo like say na Chinese grin

1 Like

Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by killsmith(f): 7:04pm On May 13, 2016
Nice one
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by MathsChic(f): 7:33pm On May 13, 2016
Funny. Lol
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Karleb(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2016
Stop giving me spoilers! angry
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by potbelly(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2016
Truth said... grin grin grin grin
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by lewispius: 12:20am On May 14, 2016
lol
But sha.. Ur copy and paste na NumBer 1***
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by In2systemsTech(m): 6:45am On May 14, 2016
EPIC grin grin grin grin
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Lovexme(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2016
Lemme go download, and see for myself.
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Endy10(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2016
Karleb:
Stop giving me spoilers! angry
Then go watch the movies and stop wasting time
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Analorgue(m): 8:28pm On May 14, 2016
prolly the best movie I've seen In a while.. marvel just threw characters at us like mehn!!. and the action? oh boy did they kill it!!!!. I didn't like how they couldn't just speak a Nigerian language tho.. it would have been perfect... I'm still wondering why it's titled captain America and not The Avengers-civil war... and before I leave, shalla to ant-man. dude killed it
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Nobody: 1:06am On May 15, 2016
As much as I would really love to watch the movie just to see the portrayal of "Lah-gos," I just can't get myself to watch a super hero movie. Not only are they not realistic, they always seem to lack depth. And I am not a fan of such kind of movies. I would admit that I love the CGI though.

In X-men Origins: Wolverine, Lagos was used as a setting and it was pronounced properly, I wonder why they are mis-pronouncing it in this movie. So much for background research.
Re: We Need To Talk About ‘lah-gos’ In Captain America: Civil War by Gebbson007(m): 1:44am On May 16, 2016
dc n marvl share. d same. story line in d sense that d word want dem under control cux f casualties. n so on. I rli dnt lyk d way dey ended d film.

(1) (Reply)

Pay Tv Nigeria: All You Need To Know Pipul Pay Tv / Sell Gift Cards Honestly / Can I Watch Gboro Mi Ro Outside Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.