Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers (899 Views)

A Nigerian's Message To Buhari Through Mark Zuckerberg / Advice To All Nigerian Bloggers (open Message) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by D34lw4p(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2016
Hello! I am Abdulrasaq Nasirudeen(Dealwap) The Founder Of Naija Coders Team (www.nct.com.ng), Today i would be writing an open message to all Upcoming Nigerian Bloggers, dont worry i would try to make it short as possible as i can.

Dear Nigerian Bloggers,
Who is a blogger?
A person who owns or manages a blog is called a blogger. This term is sometimes misspelled (or maybe ‘creatively spelled as bloger.

Blogging is becoming popular these days and it’s a way to publish your writing, share your ideas, connect with people and learn new things along the way.

Some Nigerian Bloggers are really getting this wrong! Ask most of them why they started blogging they will all say because they have passion for writing! Alas! How can that be!.

I would be taking my time to critically analyze some wrong doings of this novice and how thay can improve.

#1 Copying Other People's Post
Can you imaging you publishing the same post with other top blogs in your niche, how do you intend to grow when you are hiding under the umbrella of plagiarism? For you to surpass other blogs in the same niche with you, you need to publish unique post that cant be directly seen anywhere else.

Imagine those blogs you are copying from are also copying from other blogs, who will provide unique contents for readers to read?

If your Niche is 'News' you have more responsibilities as you need tobethe early news breaker. The moment you copied news from another website automatically marks your blog as an option to users 'cos you are providing an already provided contents. It wouldnt only chase users away it will also lower your search engine rank. tongue

#2 Poor Design
Making your bloglook like other blogs is a turn down,want to know how?

Can you use a new social network that has exactly the same features like facebook? absolutely NO! you wouldnt want another 'cos you already have facebook and for a new social social network to drag your attention you require it to have all the features of facebook and some extra ordinary features. I think with that example you should grab my point cheesy.

#3 Monetizing Too Early
hey dont quote me wrong, i didnt say making money with your blog is a bad idea but thinking of money too early is bad for the growth of your blog, relax and do the right thing, Money will surely come

Imagine! Just imagine a new blogger of 1 month old requesting for ads placement to generate income. Haba! Thats obviously a failure, it wont work that way!

You Can Join My Forum By Visiting: http://nct.com.ng/ Where we share real blogging tips and tutorials.

Take some times to gently analyze your blog, publish lot of contents(unique posts not copy and paste) before you think of generating income with it.

My Dear Bloggers, i think you should have gained one or more ideas from my little message to you. Please i always want you to be successful in every area that is why i took my time to write this to you. Please i beg of you help pass this message to your friends, you can copy the url in your address bar then paste on your facebook status. Thanks.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Comment below!

Source: http://nct.com.ng/Thread-Advice-To-All-Nigerian-Bloggers-Open-Message
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by D34lw4p(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by Sugarcious(m): 8:38pm On May 13, 2016
This is exactly what those little kids need. Some will be banging your mails with annoying emails and adding you to annoying groups. You start a blog with a tk domain and u expect to buy a mansion with it? No WAY! Out of frustration, some even venture into sugar mummy hookup scams.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by D34lw4p(m): 10:51pm On May 13, 2016
exactly @Sugarcious
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by bizza45: 11:24pm On May 13, 2016
well I want to start blogging but it's time consuming, and U need to b looking for news always.....
let me just stick to my programming and manage my life jeje
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by SlimHan(f): 7:19am On May 14, 2016
Thanks for sharing op. I have a question, how can a blogger stop people from copying posts originally written by him/her? Pls review my blog www.farjetbest.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by D34lw4p(m): 1:30pm On May 14, 2016
SlimHan:
Thanks for sharing op. I have a question, how can a blogger stop people from copying posts originally written by him/her? Pls review my blog www.farjetbest.

Your site needs redesign, not responsive on mobile phone...you can't stop people from copying your posts...tho there are some js u can use but that will only be effective on PC and the post can still be copied with mobile phone.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by Charleschidera(m): 7:04pm On May 14, 2016
Nice write up....

I blog via http://www.pearlword.com

someone should help me to check how it look and with honest reply tell me what he observed, both good and bad.

D34lw4p you are needed
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by mr2kay(m): 8:09pm On May 14, 2016
That's a lie on wordpress there are lots of plugins for that undecided
D34lw4p:

Your site needs redesign, not responsive on mobile phone...you can't stop people from copying your posts...tho there are some js u can use but that will only be effective on PC and the post can still be copied with mobile phone.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 14, 2016
more advice: please and please overlook the entertainment niche if you want to succeed in Nigeria. even the Technology niche is getting more saturated. be creative - look out for problems to solve and create a blog on it. come and thank me later.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by SlimHan(f): 8:21pm On May 14, 2016
D34lw4p:

by redesign do u mean "changing of theme?" Can u pls elaborate? I browse it using phones just that it is slow. Still expecting ur reply. Thanks a lot.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2016
mr2kay:
That's a lie on wordpress there are lots of plugins for that undecided

Dealwap is talking about bloggers not wordpress users bro...

We already have a post in which we shared the plugin to avoid copying of ur post on wordpress on NCT, you can check via http://nct.com.ng/Thread-Prevent-People-From-Copying-Your-Post-Wordpress-Plugin

1 Like

Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by D34lw4p(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
SlimHan:
by redesign do u mean "changing of theme?" Can u pls elaborate? I browse it using phones just that it is slow. Still expecting ur reply. Thanks a lot.

You need a responsive theme dear, a theme that is clean and fits to any screen, you can join my forum (www.nct.com.ng) where I share blogging tips n ideas.
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2016
*Thumbs Up*
Re: Open Message To All Upcoming Nigeria Bloggers by Adefaze(m): 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
this blog www.adefazeblog.com has unique and quality contents.. check it out

(1) (Reply)

Verify Your Google Adsense; Nigeria, Usa, Uk, Germany Within 24hrs (all Country / NEW Ways To Monetize Your Blog In 2017 / How To Get Youtube Subscribers 2017 (hack Youtube & Be Rich)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.