Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned (6675 Views)

Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / Reason Why Your Nigerian Bank-issued Cards Are Rejected Online / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by defman: 12:49am On Aug 18, 2009
PurestBoy:

I stopped using ATM for close to a year now since it was making me to spend recklessly.

LOL!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by otokx(m): 3:00am On Aug 18, 2009
EFCC welldone; little drops of water make a mighty ocean.
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by anonimi: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2009
otokx:

EFCC welldone; little drops of water make a mighty ocean.

exactly, we need to start somewhere and we can help by reporting the fraudulent people around us on specifics (after warning them to change for better of course)

info@efccnigeria.org
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by ifyalways(f): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
PurestBoy:

I stopped using ATM for close to a year now since it was making me to spend recklessly.
LOL.
I'm so happy to hear this news,I know it might not be much but its a step and shld be encouraged.I never believed this ATM fraud is for real in 9ja till it happened to my mum and even till date,i still see it as a puzzle.Her Card got stolen at ONITSHA,she realised like after 5 hrs but it was already late,the acct have been cleaned in LAGOS. huh shocked
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by alex406(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
wonders shall never end in Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
That's certainly a once in a life time luck, and kudos to the damn EFCC. angry
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by Donvilo(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
Well, as for as I am concerned, their efforts to be complimented. But I just hope that some of them are not behind all these mess. undecided
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by daddee: 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2009
Wonder the type of job or business a man is doing that will not make him to know that he has lost 12million naira from his account over a period of one year. The account owner was probably busy stealing more. I think EFCC needs to find out how come he didn't know he was loosing an average of 1m per month.

EFCC has tried on this anyway. Hope they will be able to catch the real politicians thieves too. Keep up the good work.
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by jamace(m): 3:59am On Aug 19, 2009
Wonder the type of job or business a man is doing that will not make him to know that he has lost 12million naira from his account over a period of one year. The account owner was probably busy stealing more. I think EFCC needs to find out how come he didn't know he was loosing an average of 1m per month.
True talk.

@post
Kudos to the EFCC.
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by anonimi: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2009
oyb:

http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=690&Itemid=34

dudes could work on their english. . .

for others who may also be worried about EFCC's English grin and other issues you may report your suspicions to INTERPOL:

http://www.interpol.int/public/mail/mail3.asp?id=info

Let's stop complaining about our leaders this & that and do our little bit to have a better society where there is adequate reward for hard, honest work rather than everyone miming 50 Cents hit- Get Rich or Die Trying.
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by gReenmAn(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2009
Good work EFCC.

But still, wouldn't it be a juicier story if you guys caught those that steal in billions?
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by whatalife: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2009
well done oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by cassandrao: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
Belewu:

I can't believe this. Cassandra was my account officer in Standard Chartered just 9 months ago! Very nice and courteous lady. I need to go double check my account statement ASAP!!!

BELEWU

In the future avoid contributing to propaganda.
1. CASSANDRA OLALEYE WAS NOT AN A/C OFFICER TO ANYONE
2. SHE DID NOT WORK AT STANDARD CHARTERED BANK UPTILL JULY, 1MTH AFTER THE FRAUD WAS UNDER WAY

Hilary Clinton criticizes the EFCC for their incompetence, and they botch things up some more by trying to discredit Cassandra Olaleye. Its amazing how Nigerians have bought all this shit.
There is an ongoing court case between the EFCC & Cassandra Olaleye, so we wonder what the EFCC would be trying to gain by publishing this crock of sh*t

P/S
The EFCC, is an africanized version of the KGB, do not be decieved,  a lot will be revealed in court so stay tuned,
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by buchcares: 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2009
I think everything that have an advantage also has a disadvantage as
well. When the whole world was happy that a good invention has been
made, many do no know the invention is capable of turning them into
poverty. i watch AIT in dismay last month when a poor widow was
complaining how she was duped over 1million with atm machine.
please i will advice my fellow nairalanders to be very careful using atm
machine. but one of the best ways to avoid atm fraud is to have a proper
knowledge how to secure your pin from theft. The best way to do that,is
google "how to secure atm card' i believe google will help through some
usefull tips to keep your card secured.
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by SMSguru(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2009
Quote from: Belewu on August 17, 2009, 11:56 AM
I can't believe this. Cassandra was my account officer in Standard Chartered just 9 months ago! Very nice and courteous lady. I need to go double check my account statement ASAP!!!

BELEWU

In the future avoid contributing to propaganda.
1. CASSANDRA OLALEYE WAS NOT AN A/C OFFICER TO ANYONE
2. SHE DID NOT WORK AT STANDARD CHARTERED BANK UPTILL JULY, 1MTH AFTER THE FRAUD WAS UNDER WAY

Hilary Clinton criticizes the EFCC for their incompetence, and they botch things up some more by trying to discredit Cassandra Olaleye. Its amazing how Nigerians have bought all this shit.
There is an ongoing court case between the EFCC & Cassandra Olaleye, so we wonder what the EFCC would be trying to gain by publishing this crock of sh*t

P/S
The EFCC, is an africanized version of the KGB, do not be decieved,  a lot will be revealed in court so stay tuned,

I can't wait to see this drama unfold. Please Cassandra, I would like to be at the court to witness everything LIVE!
Please EFCC, I would like to know everything that transpired between you and Cassandra.

Nigeria is more of MOVIE than a country. lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by nethacker(m): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2009
NA SMALLL BOYZ AND GIRLS DEM GO DEY CATCH.WAT OF MARWA,BABANGIDA & TOP GOVT OFFICIALS THAT HAVE LAUNDERED MONEY FOR MORE THAN 5YRS, tongue
Re: EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned by toyinajani(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
Kudos to EFCC, infact they should work harder on this ATM fraudster!
I have always said it that behind every successful ATM fraud,are bank officials. Tell me who install? programme?have access to the machines?
i have been a victim of this ugly incidence and i tell you it really affects me up till today. i am yet to come out of the coma i was sent to.
My prayer is he who sow sorrow into another man's life should be prepared to have a breakthrough of his own one day.
Some guys have been ranting here saying that EFCC should leave these ATM boys and go after politicians.No problem, a day is coming when you will fall into your own calamity. Then you will add voice to crucify your devourers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

***we Buy Old Car, Scrap And Aluminum*** / How To Receive Clickbank Cash In Nigeria With ATM Card Free Tutorial / Charles Dukwe Responds To Women In Oil Scam Allegation By Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.