Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) (534 Views)

How To Do Search Engine Optimization Seo Effectively / Basics Of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) / Top 15 Search Engine Optimization (seo) Techniques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) by bet9ja(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2016
Search Engine Optimization ( SEO )

Nowadays, All website/Blog owner will like to develop their website to generate traffic just like Nairaland. Many source for news/gist and post the link on nairaland for back-link-in.

Today i will like to encourage us to practice SEO as a blogger because it goes a long way, this is just a short tutorial and i believe that if we can put this in practice, within few weeks, we should be able to see the improvement on our site/blog.

What is SEO

Search Engine Optimization also referred to as SEO is when you get traffic from people just searching on the likes of Google and Bing. The top ranked pages are the ones that are seen to have the most relevance to what the user has searched for. The purpose of SEO is to get your website on page one on Google meaning you'll get huge amounts of traffic when people search for keywords relating to your website. Websites which have a better reputation for their work will probably be at the top of page one on Google.

How to use SEO

If you want your website to get good ranking you will have to put the time and effort into making quality information and presenting it on your website. Search Engines usually look for key factors such as Titles, Links, Words, Reputation and Linking Words. (This is where you need to practice on-page SEO) These are all factors which will effect your site/blog for ranking. I looked around to get a good example to explain this for anyone who wants to learn SEO and here is what I got as the best result.

Submitting to Search Engines

Submitting to Search Engines will be a massive boost in popularity that your website will need if you want it to become a success. You will want to submit your website to Google, Bing and Yahoo. These three companies are the biggest on the web and with millions upon millions of users will get you the best ranking and also get you traffic flowing in. Alternatively you can just submit your website to enitreweb.com where they do all the work for you for free but it can take anything up to 4 weeks for them to index your website and sometimes your website doesn't even get indexed meaning you will have to resubmit it. You can as well take the manual root.

Advertising

What is advertising

Advertising is a method of promotion. Do you ever see an advert on TV for a new pair of shoes or console? Well that's what advertising is but it's a little different for websites since you don't often see websites being advertised unless it's for insurance or something. Advertising is promotion, it's getting the word out there about your website. Keeping it short and hitting the people with facts as to why they should be visiting your website. It's all about getting traffic to your website and should only contain relevant information.

Where to advertise

There is millions of places to advertise your website. Social Media is a big hit today, putting up a page on Facebook about your website and inviting all your friends to like it can help you out. Get them to share it as well. You can advertise on websites that allow you to, like www.nairaland.com has the Website Showcase and Reviews forum where you can share your websites. Advertising can be exchanged as well, one site owner advertises your website and you advertise theirs. No money is exchanged and both websites will gets hits from each other. Look on the web for Free Advertising, there is websites dedicated to just people sharing their websites.

Why advertise

As previously stated, advertising is about getting traffic to your website. The goal of advertising is to in the end bring people to your website to see your work or see your products. You should be advertising as you don't want all the time you spent on your website going to waste. Obviously not! Take your time and present a good website and solid reason as to why people should visit your site and you never know you might get a few sales or even have some people wanting to purchase that advertisement space you have for free.

Source. www.soutynews.co.za

Re: Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) by ttc4best: 2:22pm On May 18, 2016
Advantages of SEO
Proves organic ranking:
Backlinks help in getting better search engine rankings. If any of your content is getting organic links from other sites, that content will naturally rank higher with search engines. Your goal should be to create links to individual posts/pages along with your homepage.
Faster indexing of site:
Backlinks help search engine bots to discover links to your site and to crawl your site effectively. Especially for a new website, it is important to get backlinks as they help in the faster discovery and indexing of your sites.
Referral traffic:
One of the major benefits of backlinks is that they help to get referral traffic. Usually, referral traffic is targeted and has a low bounce rate.

Let help you out with back-linking issues we fill fix your website ranking on goolgle page,we are an expert in SEO contact us if you need help
Voice call: 081-ttc-19000,081-882-19000
Whatsapp: 08032496529,
Bbm Pin: TTConBBM
Bbm Channel: TECHNOCRATIC

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me..i Need Someone To Put Me Thro Blogging / 105k Fb Group For Sale / Please How Do I Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.