Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,518 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

My Book Of Quotes - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Book Of Quotes (41458 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes! / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:53am On Mar 25, 2011
[size=13pt]It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change. [/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2011
[size=13pt]I'm not claiming divinity. I've never claimed purity of soul. I've never claimed to have the answers to life. I only put out songs and answer questions as honestly as I can. . . . But I still believe in peace, love and understanding. [/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2011
[size=13pt]But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. [/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Phate07(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2011

Nice collection.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Thank you my dear. . . .I'll keep posting in . grin grin wink[/size]

Phate07:

Nice collection.

Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2011
[size=13pt]The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. [/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
[size=13pt]Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. [/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2011
"The highest form of success, comes, to the man who does not shrink from danger, from hardship or from bitter toil, and who out of these wins the splendid ultimate triumph."

- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. president
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2011
"There is an alchemy in sorrow. It can be transmuted into wisdom, which, if it does not bring joy, can yet bring happiness."

Pearl Buck
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the action that we do[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Awareness without action is worthless. Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2011
[size=13pt]The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results. . . smiley[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2011
"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

Epictetus
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2011
"When we can no longer change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." - Viktor Frankl

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius

"A short saying often contains much wisdom." - Sophocles
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 7:26am On Apr 09, 2011
"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

Johann von Goethe
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
smiley smiley
jamace:

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

Epictetus

Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=13pt]Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=13pt]Men are not against you; they are merely for themselves. grin grin[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 12:08am On Apr 28, 2011
"If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then you are an excellent leader."

-- Dolly Parton, Singer
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2011
[size=13pt]Good one friend. . . smiley[/size]

jamace:

"If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then you are an excellent leader."

-- Dolly Parton, Singer

Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2011
[size=13pt]Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:03am On Apr 28, 2011
[size=13pt]A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay. cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Nobody: 10:54am On May 07, 2011
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

Know what I'm thinking? No. Neither do I; frightening, isn't it?

This isn't burger king, you can't have it your way.

Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death.
Jean Jacques Rousseau

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on.
~Robert Bloch

[size=18pt]-God created man before creating woman, because you always need a rough draft before creating a masterpiece[/size]

The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.
– Mahatma Gandhi

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
Ambrose Bierce

If you cannot solve it, it is not a problem--it is reality.

the stupid neither forgive or forget, the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.

Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated

It's hard to be humble when you are as great as I am. MUHAMMAD ALI

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Life is an instrument, it needs regular cleaning, maintenance and tuning to keep it at its best.

Keep your words soft and sweet for in case you have to eat them.

Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Spike Milligan

Wise people speak because they have something to say.
Fools speak because they have to say something.

Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression. ~ Robert Johnson

Every morning’s sun has to fade, and every night’s moon has to hide from the mornings. Every book has its last page, and every story has to end.

Even if he doesn't like me tomorrow, I knew he loved me yesterday.
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love kiss kiss wink[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:08pm On May 07, 2011
[size=13pt]A person starts to live when he can live outside himself[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:09pm On May 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 9:24pm On May 14, 2011
"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less if that drop is missing."

Mother Teresa
Re: My Book Of Quotes by jamace(m): 5:21am On May 15, 2011
"Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can."

Willis R. Whitney
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:46am On May 17, 2011
[size=13pt]From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:47am On May 17, 2011
[size=13pt]Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:48am On May 17, 2011
[size=13pt]Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So. . . . get on your way.[/size]
Re: My Book Of Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:49am On May 17, 2011
[size=13pt]If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good. cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.